Welcome to TangoWorldWide!
You are a Guest, which means you cannot use
all possible features on this forum.
Sign in or Register, to enjoy full functionality. It'll only take 2 seconds!
329 Players in 11 Servers

Author Topic: Creating Conversation  (Read 1749 times)

Offline Ross

• This is Ross yes hello
  • Jr. Staff
  • Forum Addict
  • Beans and Toast Perhaps
    • http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198092810107/
    • http://www.twitch.tv/revolverross
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmCZb4VbqiMB_nLevS1etZA
    • https://twitter.com/TheRevolverRoss
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 557
  • Likes Given: 133

Tw | Ross |

• Total Badges: 38
    Badges: (View All)
    5 Year Coin Stargazers Christmas 2019 4 Year Coin .cL of the Month 3 Year Coin 2500 Posts Summer 2018 Coby Wizowd Giving Thanks 2017 12 Days of Christmas 2017 Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 2 Year Coin Roasting Event 2017 Overruled - Rez's Badge Summer 2017 Badge Collector (20) Hurricane Harvey Donor 12 Days of Christmas 2016 Gstad's Squad 100 Poll Votes Badge Collector (15) 1000 Posts 1 Year Coin Christmas 2016 Thanksgiving 2016 Badge Collector (10) Spammer-50 500 Posts Halloween 2016 Spammer-25 Badge Collector (5) Admin of the Month 2016 Summer 2016 100 Posts Mobile User Quick Poster
Re: Creating Conversation
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2020, 06:45:39 am »
Hello!!!

Thanks for opening up a thread for this. I'm super excited about the changes that have been made recently, such as the whitelist modded minecraft server, the new KZ plugin, and the prospect of a new gmod division (specifically Prop Hunt.) From what I've seen, these are all bringing new people into the servers and the community like I haven't seen since I joined this summer. I'm aware that a significant amount of the veteran members of the community want to downscale, and I also understand that they've made many compromises to make the community happy (a great example of this is all the new shit they've just added in the past WEEK, it's insane how the idea to bring minecraft into the mix caused the full development of an entire server that can accommodate so many people in so little time, shoutout to the homie samz).

Here's a few of my suggestions, that I've seen a few others agree with but we honestly never had the balls to ask upfront~~

Cosmetics such as tracers and player colors, and maybe even hats being added to the 1v1 and KZ servers if possible~ Pretty self explanatory, but people REALLY like the credits system. If people are willing to spend money to flex their items in game, then they'd probably like to have more places to use them. I understand that models wouldn't really function anywhere but in JB (it'd really piss off the players) but from what I understand the other cosmetics used to be a part of the servers and worked pretty well. They didn't really break gameplay, and gave players more customizability than just the /ws command. I know this is possible on 1v1, not so sure how well it would work on kz or if you can even use cosmetics like that in tandem with the timer plugin. Forgive my ignorance for not knowing or asking one of the devs about that, it just came off the top of my head as I was writing this.

Implementation of more cross-community events/tournaments~ I understand that this one isn't necessary, but I've seen that in the past Tango has done some tournaments against other large CSGO communities and the community had a lot of fun cheering people on. This would also spur on an influx of new players from across the csgo playerbase, which would be great for the growth of Tango from as it is now into it's later years. It'd be fun to go around popping SG players' heads in an all out war to prove Tango's glory.

As Ldcommish said in the above post, we DEFINITELY need more developers~ These new projects that have been worked on recently have promise to be some of the most fun servers we've had in a while, so to quickly push out plugins, squash bugs, and make the servers run smoothly, we could use a few extra hands. I understand that this is just a quality of life change, but it would work wonders for how our servers perform! The prospect of having new stuff to play consistently has people raring to go play the servers.

Perhaps bring back Member of the Month~ I never got to participate, but It seemed like a pretty high honor to get member of the month. I quite like the idea of model members being recognized for their contributions or exceptional behavior.

Now on to suggestions for staff shit!!!

I also agree with the suggestion of bringing in community feedback to staff more often~ A monthly or even quarterly (if monthly is too often) community/staff meeting should quell the need of the community to go to staff members to bring up stuff in the meetings, and streamline staff meetings so more can get done during the allotted time.

TangoMedia, please! Podcasts, community montages, whatever it may be, sounds cool!

Perhaps an advertisement committee? I don't know who's domain that falls under, but it's always nice to have a lot of people playing on the servers to conversate with :)

To wrap it up, sure, there's a lot that can be changed in Tango. HOWEVER, my ideas are not always good ideas. If you feel like taking any of these suggestions to heart, I'm glad. If not, I'm glad that you're even opening the floodgates and considering some of these things. Later gator 8)
Hi @Silver.

Thank you for your feedback -- I wanted to comment namely on TangoMedia. We struggle to get active people who want to participate in such. @Ross, as I last heard was working on a course for video editing but otherwise we have not had must interest. How do you think we should combat that moving forward.

I personally think establishing it more maybe as an official group can combat the amount lack of interest. As for the course on editing, someone who's editing inclined may already have suggestions for resources to get started, so until the suggestion is established as an actual group again there isn't a need to get started on a training video right away. I also like the idea of starting off with light stuff, such as some podcasts/ streams/ interviews from ownership or the staff team, where members send questions in to the TangoMedia team, and we ask to y'all, like a Q&A. This would allow an open flow and close the rift between staff and community, keeping them on the same page. (Talking about any big changes in the network, and maybe opening the pipelines for discussion between the community and staff more often, as was suggested earlier, would definitely keep things fresh). I'm absolutely sure if it was pushed forward it would flourish, just because it teaches some valuable life skills and would be great for team building! Not to mention, you also get to be more involved with the community. Thank you for the response and your consideration.

I read the thread and noticed my tag from @balon so I shall respond to offer some clarity. I have a strong understanding on video editing and content creation, but as I recently had started college again it took up most of my time, but that has finally ended and I don't plan on taking on the same amount of classes anymore. For the video editing I wanted to broaden my horizons and did some custom classes regarding video editing software's like Davinci Resolve, Adobe Premier, and others. I was actually going to message balon again soon regarding my classes being over and my free time being open to work on videos and reconnecting with the community for highlights and other fun topics.

As for the course on editing, someone who's editing inclined may already have suggestions for resources to get started, so until the suggestion is established as an actual group again there isn't a need to get started on a training video right away.

I am going to clarify what balon meant in his response, I am not currently working on a video to teach others on how to video edit, what he meant was I am currently taking a class to help refresh and teach me better ways to video edit, so that video's can come out sooner and with better quality.

I personally think establishing it more maybe as an official group can combat the amount lack of interest.

I had brought up the idea of me getting a team together and establishing it as an official group a few months back, but the main concern the staff team had was how much the community would support the media team, and if we could find dedicated members to work along side me to produce videos and stream daily. So the idea was to start out small, work on a couple video's, focusing on Youtube instead of Twitch, and establish a name so we could get support before moving into Discord announcements, the Forums, and an official group. But if I'm honest, I believe Tango already has the support for a Media Group. I want to bring it into the light so that we can get a definitive plan in place for how to move forward.

I also like the idea of starting off with light stuff, such as some podcasts/ streams/ interviews from ownership or the staff team, where members send questions in to the TangoMedia team, and we ask to y'all, like a Q&A.

I do believe Youtube is a fun place to upload content from the community with Podcasts etc. However, I also believe that with how easy it is to stream on Twitch, Tango shouldn't have a problem getting a stream team together to stream games requested by the community. We could do polls regarding what games people want to see streamed, we could stream Events along side the Event Team, and ask the community who they would like to see on Podcasts for interviews along with the Podcasts topics. These can happen on a Twitch Stream as well as be uploaded to Youtube after the stream is over, a win win.

This would allow an open flow and close the rift between staff and community, keeping them on the same page. (Talking about any big changes in the network, and maybe opening the pipelines for discussion between the community and staff more often, as was suggested earlier, would definitely keep things fresh). I'm absolutely sure if it was pushed forward it would flourish, just because it teaches some valuable life skills and would be great for team building! Not to mention, you also get to be more involved with the community

I can easily see Tango Media being the bridge between the community and the staff team. Podcasts can include big changes in the network, or if the change is big enough have a video on it's own explaining it in detail so that you don't always have to read a big Forum post. And even though I believe the vagueness of the staff team has begun to disappear, it will never fully be removed, but with Media offering the community a chance to be introduced to Staff Members, possible voting for changes in the community, as well as discussion, it can push Tango towards a more involved and unified community.

Also for the comment regarding more cross-community events etc. I think that is something that can be done, and am willing to make happen. While also making sure the event is streamed and uploaded to Youtube for those who couldn't make it. This would also apply to wide Tango events, like CSGO tournaments etc.

If you have any questions or concerns, or want to get involved with Tango's Media, feel free to add me on Steam or shoot me a message on Discord. Hope this helps @Silver.

TangoMedia, please! Podcasts, community montages, whatever it may be, sounds cool!

TangoLive comeback?

I want to be able to get a Podcast/TangoLive happening.

This something you want in on @Vita?

In addition, some random questions and things I would love to have answers to:
  • Would members like to see a return to a quarterly community meeting, opening doors to everyone?
  • Would members be interested in a once per month open staff forum, where in our normal meeting any members can attend?
  • Should we release a survey with potential changes to survey the community for outcomes?
  • Anything you may think needs to be immediately addressed in the coming weeks, especially during this winter break?

1. Yes those provided nice clarity on what has happened within the last few months and what is planned for the future. With a Media Team I also believe that we can expand these meeting to Youtube for people who couldn't make it or for those who want to relisten.

2. This kind of seems like a quarterly community meeting, but it happens once a month, I won't object but I feel like if there are pressing issues at hand, we can create a post/poll asking the community for feedback.

3. Yes, getting an idea of what our community wants or is concerned with can help tremendously. Especially if it is about major changes that the staff team is unsure with.

4. As other's have said, Mentorship and Event Team. Some are still confused about their purpose, while other's are put off by how vague they go into detail about what is expected or what is planned. Perhaps I can work along side them to create an introductory video or forum post to help people get an idea of what exactly they should expect from these groups. While also bring them into the light for more feedback and support from the community, especially Mentorship.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 08:51:35 am by Ross »
𝓡𝓮𝓿𝓸𝓵𝓿𝓮𝓻 𝓡𝓸𝓼𝓼' 𝓟𝓻𝓸𝓯𝓲𝓵𝓮
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
Media Links:
Discord
Twitch
Youtube
Steam
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
Gaming Info:
Battle.net: MTSDeathWind#1430
LoL: MTSDeathWind
Escape From Tarkov: RevolverRoss
Modern Warfare: MTSDeathWind

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
Extra:
Tellonym
Good Quotes:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Funny Quotes
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline jorbage

• Probably high
  • Novice Member
  • Forum Addict
  • b r o
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/Jordann_/
    • http://www.twitch.tv/Jordann
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaDDjY3bd8Oz7wSQtX_os1A
    • https://twitter.com/EHJordann
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 236
  • Likes Given: 76

T.w² | jorbage

• Total Badges: 26
    4 Year Coin Christmas 2019 3 Year Coin Summer 2018 2 Year Coin Badge Collector (20) 12 Days of Christmas 2017 2500 Posts Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Badge Collector (15) Summer 2017 100 Poll Votes Spammer-25 12 Days of Christmas 2016 Badge Collector (10) 1000 Posts 1 Year Coin 500 Posts Quick Poster Badge Collector (5) Christmas 2016 100 Posts Halloween 2016 Summer 2016 Mobile User
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2020, 09:57:43 am »
Hello!!!

Thanks for opening up a thread for this. I'm super excited about the changes that have been made recently, such as the whitelist modded minecraft server, the new KZ plugin, and the prospect of a new gmod division (specifically Prop Hunt.) From what I've seen, these are all bringing new people into the servers and the community like I haven't seen since I joined this summer. I'm aware that a significant amount of the veteran members of the community want to downscale, and I also understand that they've made many compromises to make the community happy (a great example of this is all the new shit they've just added in the past WEEK, it's insane how the idea to bring minecraft into the mix caused the full development of an entire server that can accommodate so many people in so little time, shoutout to the homie samz).

Here's a few of my suggestions, that I've seen a few others agree with but we honestly never had the balls to ask upfront~~

Cosmetics such as tracers and player colors, and maybe even hats being added to the 1v1 and KZ servers if possible~ Pretty self explanatory, but people REALLY like the credits system. If people are willing to spend money to flex their items in game, then they'd probably like to have more places to use them. I understand that models wouldn't really function anywhere but in JB (it'd really piss off the players) but from what I understand the other cosmetics used to be a part of the servers and worked pretty well. They didn't really break gameplay, and gave players more customizability than just the /ws command. I know this is possible on 1v1, not so sure how well it would work on kz or if you can even use cosmetics like that in tandem with the timer plugin. Forgive my ignorance for not knowing or asking one of the devs about that, it just came off the top of my head as I was writing this.

Implementation of more cross-community events/tournaments~ I understand that this one isn't necessary, but I've seen that in the past Tango has done some tournaments against other large CSGO communities and the community had a lot of fun cheering people on. This would also spur on an influx of new players from across the csgo playerbase, which would be great for the growth of Tango from as it is now into it's later years. It'd be fun to go around popping SG players' heads in an all out war to prove Tango's glory.

As Ldcommish said in the above post, we DEFINITELY need more developers~ These new projects that have been worked on recently have promise to be some of the most fun servers we've had in a while, so to quickly push out plugins, squash bugs, and make the servers run smoothly, we could use a few extra hands. I understand that this is just a quality of life change, but it would work wonders for how our servers perform! The prospect of having new stuff to play consistently has people raring to go play the servers.

Perhaps bring back Member of the Month~ I never got to participate, but It seemed like a pretty high honor to get member of the month. I quite like the idea of model members being recognized for their contributions or exceptional behavior.

Now on to suggestions for staff shit!!!

I also agree with the suggestion of bringing in community feedback to staff more often~ A monthly or even quarterly (if monthly is too often) community/staff meeting should quell the need of the community to go to staff members to bring up stuff in the meetings, and streamline staff meetings so more can get done during the allotted time.

Perhaps an advertisement committee? I don't know who's domain that falls under, but it's always nice to have a lot of people playing on the servers to conversate with :)

To wrap it up, sure, there's a lot that can be changed in Tango. HOWEVER, my ideas are not always good ideas. If you feel like taking any of these suggestions to heart, I'm glad. If not, I'm glad that you're even opening the floodgates and considering some of these things. Later gator 8)
Hi @Silver.

Thank you for your feedback -- I wanted to comment namely on TangoMedia. We struggle to get active people who want to participate in such. @Ross, as I last heard was working on a course for video editing but otherwise we have not had must interest. How do you think we should combat that moving forward.

I personally think establishing it more maybe as an official group can combat the amount lack of interest. As for the course on editing, someone who's editing inclined may already have suggestions for resources to get started, so until the suggestion is established as an actual group again there isn't a need to get started on a training video right away. I also like the idea of starting off with light stuff, such as some podcasts/ streams/ interviews from ownership or the staff team, where members send questions in to the TangoMedia team, and we ask to y'all, like a Q&A. This would allow an open flow and close the rift between staff and community, keeping them on the same page. (Talking about any big changes in the network, and maybe opening the pipelines for discussion between the community and staff more often, as was suggested earlier, would definitely keep things fresh). I'm absolutely sure if it was pushed forward it would flourish, just because it teaches some valuable life skills and would be great for team building! Not to mention, you also get to be more involved with the community. Thank you for the response and your consideration.

I read the thread and noticed my tag from @balon so I shall respond to offer some clarity. I have a strong understanding on video editing and content creation, but as I recently had started college again it took up most of my time, but that has finally ended and I don't plan on taking on the same amount of classes anymore. For the video editing I wanted to broaden my horizons and did some custom classes regarding video editing software's like Davinci Resolve, Adobe Premier, and others. I was actually going to message balon again soon regarding my classes being over and my free time being open to work on videos and reconnecting with the community for highlights and other fun topics.

As for the course on editing, someone who's editing inclined may already have suggestions for resources to get started, so until the suggestion is established as an actual group again there isn't a need to get started on a training video right away.

I am going to clarify what balon meant in his response, I am not currently working on a video to teach others on how to video edit, what he meant was I am currently taking a class to help refresh and teach me better ways to video edit, so that video's can come out sooner and with better quality.

I personally think establishing it more maybe as an official group can combat the amount lack of interest.

I had brought up the idea of me getting a team together and establishing it as an official group a few months back, but the main concern the staff team had was how much the community would support the media team, and if we could find dedicated members to work along side me to produce videos and stream daily. So the idea was to start out small, work on a couple video's, focusing on Youtube instead of Twitch, and establish a name so we could get support before moving into Discord announcements, the Forums, and an official group. But if I'm honest, I believe Tango already has the support for a Media Group. I want to bring it into the light so that we can get a definitive plan in place for how to move forward.

I also like the idea of starting off with light stuff, such as some podcasts/ streams/ interviews from ownership or the staff team, where members send questions in to the TangoMedia team, and we ask to y'all, like a Q&A.

I do believe Youtube is a fun place to upload content from the community with Podcasts etc. However, I also believe that with how easy it is to stream on Twitch, Tango shouldn't have a problem getting a stream team together to stream games requested by the community. We could do polls regarding what games people want to see streamed, we could stream Events along side the Event Team, and ask the community who they would like to see on Podcasts for interviews along with the Podcasts topics. These can happen on a Twitch Stream as well as be uploaded to Youtube after the stream is over, a win win.

This would allow an open flow and close the rift between staff and community, keeping them on the same page. (Talking about any big changes in the network, and maybe opening the pipelines for discussion between the community and staff more often, as was suggested earlier, would definitely keep things fresh). I'm absolutely sure if it was pushed forward it would flourish, just because it teaches some valuable life skills and would be great for team building! Not to mention, you also get to be more involved with the community

I can easily see Tango Media being the bridge between the community and the staff team. Podcasts can include big changes in the network, or if the change is big enough have a video on it's own explaining it in detail so that you don't always have to read a big Forum post. And even though I believe the vagueness of the staff team has begun to disappear, it will never fully be removed, but with Media offering the community a chance to be introduced to Staff Members, possible voting for changes in the community, as well as discussion, it can push Tango towards a more involved and unified community.

Also for the comment regarding more cross-community events etc. I think that is something that can be done, and am willing to make happen. While also making sure the event is streamed and uploaded to Youtube for those who couldn't make it. This would also apply to wide Tango events, like CSGO tournaments etc.

If you have any questions or concerns, or want to get involved with Tango's Media, feel free to add me on Steam or shoot me a message on Discord. Hope this helps @Silver.

TangoLive comeback?

I want to be able to get a Podcast/TangoLive happening.

This something you want in on @Vita?

In addition, some random questions and things I would love to have answers to:
  • Would members like to see a return to a quarterly community meeting, opening doors to everyone?
  • Would members be interested in a once per month open staff forum, where in our normal meeting any members can attend?
  • Should we release a survey with potential changes to survey the community for outcomes?
  • Anything you may think needs to be immediately addressed in the coming weeks, especially during this winter break?

1. Yes those provided nice clarity on what has happened within the last few months and what is planned for the future. With a Media Team I also believe that we can expand these meeting to Youtube for people who couldn't make it or for those who want to relisten.

2. This kind of seems like a quarterly community meeting, but it happens once a month, I won't object but I feel like if there are pressing issues at hand, we can create a post/poll asking the community for feedback.

3. Yes, getting an idea of what our community wants or is concerned with can help tremendously. Especially if it is about major changes that the staff team is unsure with.

4. As other's have said, Mentorship and Event Team. Some are still confused about their purpose, while other's are put off by how vague they go into detail about what is expected or what is planned. Perhaps I can work along side them to create an introductory video or forum post to help people get an idea of what exactly they should expect from these groups. While also bring them into the light for more feedback and support from the community, especially Mentorship.

yo let me bring back tango news
haha :?

Offline balon

• Operations Director
  • 5k Poster
  • Topic Author
  • Making moves
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/balon21
    • https://twitch.tv/tjbalon
    • https://twitter.com/TangoWorldWide
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1973
  • Likes Given: 324

tw balon

• Total Badges: 51
    Spammer-50 Goated OG Christmas 2019 Thanksgiving 2019 Halloween 2019 rich boi 5 Year Coin Coby Wizowd Summer 2018 Croc-a-dil 4 Year Coin 12 Days of Christmas 2017 Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Roasting Event 2017 Summer 2017 Gstad's Squad Blackhat Fly Shit Only 3 Year Coin Christmas 2016 5000 Posts Thanksgiving 2016 Mobz Award Halloween 2016 The Rich Bitch Summer 2016 Drunk Award 12 Days of Christmas Badge Collector (20) 2 Year Coin aPn's Award Christmas 2015 Spammer-25 Badge Collector (15) Thanksgiving 2015 Halloween 2015 Quick Collector (10) Badge Collector (10) Invisible Quick Poster Mobile User Quick Collector (5) 100 Poll Votes Badge Collector (5) 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2020, 05:36:08 pm »
@jorbage

Instead of me giving you it, give me a reason to. Upload a YT vid of proof of concept, create other media to show you deserve the slot.

G2A Sponsor Image
DigitalOcean
Sinus Bot
AllTrapNation.com
OVH Networks
G2A Sponsor Image
DigitalOcean
Sinus Bot
AllTrapNation.com
OVH Networks