Welcome to TangoWorldWide!
You are a Guest, which means you cannot use
all possible features on this forum.
Sign in or Register, to enjoy full functionality. It'll only take 2 seconds!
325 Players in 11 Servers

Author Topic: Creating Conversation  (Read 1750 times)

Offline balon

• Operations Director
  • 5k Poster
  • Topic Author
  • Making moves
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/balon21
    • https://twitch.tv/tjbalon
    • https://twitter.com/TangoWorldWide
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1973
  • Likes Given: 324

tw balon

• Total Badges: 51
    Badges: (View All)
    Spammer-50 Goated OG Christmas 2019 Thanksgiving 2019 Halloween 2019 rich boi 5 Year Coin Coby Wizowd Summer 2018 Croc-a-dil 4 Year Coin 12 Days of Christmas 2017 Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Roasting Event 2017 Summer 2017 Gstad's Squad Blackhat Fly Shit Only 3 Year Coin Christmas 2016 5000 Posts Thanksgiving 2016 Mobz Award Halloween 2016 The Rich Bitch Summer 2016 Drunk Award 12 Days of Christmas Badge Collector (20) 2 Year Coin aPn's Award Christmas 2015 Spammer-25 Badge Collector (15) Thanksgiving 2015 Halloween 2015 Quick Collector (10) Badge Collector (10) Invisible Quick Poster Mobile User Quick Collector (5) 100 Poll Votes Badge Collector (5) 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts
Creating Conversation
« on: December 21, 2020, 06:11:55 pm »
I plan as the year closes out to make a post reflecting on the last several years, 2020 especially. I made a post awhile back talking about putting our servers in legacy mode, and essentially just riding out what we have -- but I have come to realize this was not widely accepted in our community. While some of us are growing up, and moving on in life, the younger groups of players in our community want to continue to see TangoWorldWide rise and grow.

This being said, I wanted to open the door to feedback, publicly (or in DMs if you are shy to). Things you would like to see come of the community in 2020. Things you think I can directly improve on as the owner, as I know many of you have not really interacted with me.

In addition, some random questions and things I would love to have answers to:
  • Would members like to see a return to a quarterly community meeting, opening doors to everyone?
  • Would members be interested in a once per month open staff forum, where in our normal meeting any members can attend?
  • Should we release a survey with potential changes to survey the community for outcomes?
  • Anything you may think needs to be immediately addressed in the coming weeks, especially during this winter break?

I am going to do my best to push TangoWorldWide forward, and build again on our original foundation. I have heard a lot of your feedback and know many of you do not want to see us resort to simply being a discord and forum, and that is it -- you want something more to be apart of and participate. I will do my absolute best to bring us there.

Happy Holidays!

Offline xtra

• Isn't war a terrible thing
  • Group Staff
  • Forum Addict
  • Jailbreak Retard
    • https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198179541179/
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 288
  • Likes Given: 848

T.w² | Xtra

• Total Badges: 14
    100 Poll Votes 1 Year Coin Any amongers? Badge Collector (10) Stargazers 1000 Posts Certified Cutie 500 Posts Badge Collector (5) Thanksgiving 2019 100 Posts Halloween 2019 Quick Poster Mobile User
Re: Creating Conversation
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2020, 06:54:14 pm »
I personally think more transparency between staff and membership could be a good change for Tango. Whether this is by having community meetings or polls I think it would most definitely benefit the community as a whole. With Axel and Pickolas successfully running a jailbreak community meeting in discord ( Which if I recall correctly had around 40-50 people in) I think this shows us that a community meeting with all the staff and some members that choose to attend could definitely work and create more transparency for all.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 06:54:56 pm by xtra »
You can appeal in 2024 if that gives you hope.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline waddles

• Taking Applications for Big Booty Latinas NOW!
  • Jr. Staff
  • Forum Regular
  • Big Jailbreak Guy- Goated
    • https://steamcommunity.com/id/mitchoscar/
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 90
  • Likes Given: 42

T.w² | waddles

• Total Badges: 6
    Badge Collector (5) Spammer-25 100 Posts Any amongers? Quick Poster Mobile User
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2020, 07:08:07 pm »
The stuff that I have heard of in the past that was done was great and what was built and what you guys have done is awesome. I really wish to see what we have now be improved to what it was before, obviously this is 1 million times harder than just saying we need to fix it but I think it should be sort of a main focus. The idea of trying to expand into new stuff is great and I really like seeing this stuff being worked on and we can see this creep of a shifting tide that is happening. Also just being here for little under a year it's been really hard to find any path to connecting with staff and other things. I feel the disconnect between higher up positions and members is very evident nowadays. Theirs's people that have branched out into every single possible way in order to move up but with little connection and recognition between them and staff members, their efforts and suggestions go un-noticed. Theirs's loads of people that have been here for awhile and that want to help out more but they physically cannot because their is the path to getting to a place where they can actually do stuff is really hard to get to. I hope letting more people into these meetings can help fix this but I hope their can be some change to that. I really don't want to see the community go into legacy mode and theirs's still people specifically newer members that want to see it grow like you said. I think all the things you asked for feedback on would be a big help, you have so many people with a lot of great ideas that can be used and theirs's already a bunch of stuff that has been suggested in the past. I think it would be of use to look at most of these ideas and create a path that is easier for members to get to, to help make these changes happen. Legacy mode is just not going to do any good for anyone, without creating opportunities for expansion or growth and older members moving on with the rest of life, the future is going to be grim. If we are trying to expand into different stuff other than the CS:GO , I think organizing the assets that the community has and aiming then directly towards a goal that wants to be achieved is the best bet for the community instead of spreading everything a part and taking awhile for things to be done. Tango is a great place and always will be, but it can be better.

TLDR: Fix the disconnect between members that want to help and staff members that can give some in-sight on stuff. All the things listed could possibly help fix that disconnect. With that feedback and connections you'd have from that you can see what is wanted to see expanded by the community and focus on that goal with much of the stuff we have now.

Money Man
Mitch_Oscar#1270Positions

Quotes

Offline Ldcommish

• Jr. Staff
  • Forum Junkie
  • 🌸 ʕ •̥ ﻌ ก ʔ
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 145
  • Likes Given: 489

T.w² | ldcommish

• Total Badges: 11
    Badge Collector (10) Spammer-25 100 Poll Votes 500 Posts Any amongers? Badge Collector (5) 100 Posts Oyasumi Punpun Mobile User Quick Poster 1 Year Coin
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2020, 07:40:30 pm »
I am really thrilled that you have made this post, as I've been frustrated with how were not mainly focusing on the servers anymore but just discord and partly forums. And I understand why you want to focus on discord more then the servers, it's just way more active, and easy to use and you could potentially benefit off of it it more then focusing on the servers. And obviously from a Jailbreak freak who has 2000 hours on the server in less then 2 years I would want to focus more on the servers then discord and forums. Although, I would still like to see some work and improvement on the discord and forum as I love posting on the forums and meeting new people there and same with the discord.

But without further due here are some of my suggestions and feedback on the suggestions you provided.

1. Try to bring in more developers/programmers into the community. I know it's really tough finding people to help with a random community they have never heard about and focusing many hours on this community. But I would at least like to see some dedication to finding these kind of people and trying to work with them. (I'm not sure if the staff team IS trying or not so I'm not trying to be harsh and if you guys are trying then forgive me) Some ways you could advertise is maybe sending a announcement in discord if anybody is willing to learn coding/programming and such or just ask if anybody knows a friend who is willing to cooperate with us and build our community stronger. Personally, I don't know anybody who is strong in coding and programming but I might be willing to learn some myself cause I really do care for tango after they gave me a second chance to come back and be better. And if we do find a more coders/programmers then I would like to have a 1:1:1 ratio for servers, discord, and forums or if they only specialize in 1 of the 3 then that would be perfectly fine with me too, because despite what department it is in we still need as much coders and programmers as we can get.

2. More staff that are dedicated to the servers. I look at jr.staff and above usually, and I don't see a ton of staff members that are at the least regularly on the server and try to help with it. I feel like this is one of the departments we are lacking in greatly. I understand that not everybody is in to our cs:go servers and want to play on them regularly, but I think we can do a better job at getting more staff that want to help out with jailbreak, and all the community servers. Right now we have great staff that are helping the community servers, but I would just like to see a bit more people willing to help with it. (this is a hard one to do too and i know it)

3. More communication with normal members, and staff members. Currently looking at your post on 2 monitors, I can see xtra and waddles want this too so I'll bring my POV of it in also. I occasionally look at other communities forums to just take a peek at what there doing, and I see that there are much more communication with higher ups and normal members over there. And I would like to being that kind of mindset into tango too. I've been wanting this for a long time in tango, and I'm not sure if you guys have had this in tangos lifetime, but I would personally really like staff applications. Ever since I got unbanned and people actually saw me as a good kid that has the potential to bring good to the community and server, I've wanted to be staff. But when theres no real way for me to express to the community that I want staff pretty bad to help out with the community, theres not a good chance I'll get it. Only way I can really do that is posting a cringe topic on the forums saying, "I really want staff! Please give it to me!" Or just shoot you a discord PM. If we had staff applications then I believe there would be a lot more interaction between the higher ups and the normal members of the community and we could see a lot more potential in members then what we see on the outside of them. But if they made a application, we could see there real intentions and see what they really want to do for the community. And AGAIN, this would be a really hard to implent since there are already staff members that have been recruited individually by you and other higher ups.

Now, moving on to feedback from what you said.

1. Would members like to see a return to a quarterly community meeting, opening doors to everyone?

Yes, absolutely. I had no idea that we even had these in the past. No clue at all. This also goes with how we need more communication between staff and normal members of the community. I think we could get a lot more ideas out there to staff this way and the normal members of the community can express there ideas more and the staff hopefully take it into consideration and MAYBE implent it eventually. Overall, love this. Hope we can make it happen.

2. Would members be interested in a once per month open staff forum, where in our normal meeting any members can attend?

Heck yeah! I would be really open to this idea because the normal members of the community are able to see what the staff members opinions are and the staff members can see what the normal members opinions are on ALL different subjects and topics within the community. Hopefully we can get this in asap.

3. Should we release a survey with potential changes to survey the community for outcomes?

Yeah, for sure. I would personally love this idea as AGAIN, for the 3rd time, it will bring more options to the community and the normal members of the community have more room to express there thoughts to higher ups and new changes could be made from these thoughts. Love the idea, again.

4. Anything you may think needs to be immediately addressed in the coming weeks, especially during this winter break?

Maybe some things, such as I'd like to see people out of event team, try to hose more events. It could range from a game to a movie night. I don't care what you host, I just want more staff members to be engaged with the community and host events and such. There might be a few things missing here in 4. but I'm not sure. Glad you brought this up.

In conclusion, I am really happy, and thrilled you brought this up to the community and I really do love you are doing this. This has brought up so many more opportunities to get feedback from the community and even some other staff members that have not been able to bring stuff up in the staff meetings before this. I hope this topic will get much more ideas out from the community and bring more communication from members to staff members with this. And I beg you to take some of my thoughts and ideas into consideration and use them to make your, and our community a better place and a friendlier place. And again, thank you so much for making this topic. If you think I may have messed up on anything or made a bad sentence in this, let me know on how to improve on it. (this took a hour+ to make this so please make this worthy.) Thanks Balon! <3
Current Positions:
Jr.Staff
Uprising Caporegime
Advisory Team (JB)
Events Team
Community Mentor
Sales Force

Past Positions:
Supplementary Admin (JB)
Novice Recruit
Registered

Offline silverii

• Jr. Staff
  • Forum Regular
  • tango's favorite femboy
    • https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198273389580/
    • https://twitter.com/OfficialParkerA
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 80
  • Likes Given: 75

tw silverii!

Badge Collector (5) Any amongers? Adorable 100 Posts Quick Poster Mobile User
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2020, 03:16:00 am »
Hello!!!

Thanks for opening up a thread for this. I'm super excited about the changes that have been made recently, such as the whitelist modded minecraft server, the new KZ plugin, and the prospect of a new gmod division (specifically Prop Hunt.) From what I've seen, these are all bringing new people into the servers and the community like I haven't seen since I joined this summer. I'm aware that a significant amount of the veteran members of the community want to downscale, and I also understand that they've made many compromises to make the community happy (a great example of this is all the new shit they've just added in the past WEEK, it's insane how the idea to bring minecraft into the mix caused the full development of an entire server that can accommodate so many people in so little time, shoutout to the homie samz).

Here's a few of my suggestions, that I've seen a few others agree with but we honestly never had the balls to ask upfront~~

Cosmetics such as tracers and player colors, and maybe even hats being added to the 1v1 and KZ servers if possible~ Pretty self explanatory, but people REALLY like the credits system. If people are willing to spend money to flex their items in game, then they'd probably like to have more places to use them. I understand that models wouldn't really function anywhere but in JB (it'd really piss off the players) but from what I understand the other cosmetics used to be a part of the servers and worked pretty well. They didn't really break gameplay, and gave players more customizability than just the /ws command. I know this is possible on 1v1, not so sure how well it would work on kz or if you can even use cosmetics like that in tandem with the timer plugin. Forgive my ignorance for not knowing or asking one of the devs about that, it just came off the top of my head as I was writing this.

Implementation of more cross-community events/tournaments~ I understand that this one isn't necessary, but I've seen that in the past Tango has done some tournaments against other large CSGO communities and the community had a lot of fun cheering people on. This would also spur on an influx of new players from across the csgo playerbase, which would be great for the growth of Tango from as it is now into it's later years. It'd be fun to go around popping SG players' heads in an all out war to prove Tango's glory.

As Ldcommish said in the above post, we DEFINITELY need more developers~ These new projects that have been worked on recently have promise to be some of the most fun servers we've had in a while, so to quickly push out plugins, squash bugs, and make the servers run smoothly, we could use a few extra hands. I understand that this is just a quality of life change, but it would work wonders for how our servers perform! The prospect of having new stuff to play consistently has people raring to go play the servers.

Perhaps bring back Member of the Month~ I never got to participate, but It seemed like a pretty high honor to get member of the month. I quite like the idea of model members being recognized for their contributions or exceptional behavior.

Now on to suggestions for staff shit!!!

I also agree with the suggestion of bringing in community feedback to staff more often~ A monthly or even quarterly (if monthly is too often) community/staff meeting should quell the need of the community to go to staff members to bring up stuff in the meetings, and streamline staff meetings so more can get done during the allotted time.

TangoMedia, please! Podcasts, community montages, whatever it may be, sounds cool!

Perhaps an advertisement committee? I don't know who's domain that falls under, but it's always nice to have a lot of people playing on the servers to conversate with :)

To wrap it up, sure, there's a lot that can be changed in Tango. HOWEVER, my ideas are not always good ideas. If you feel like taking any of these suggestions to heart, I'm glad. If not, I'm glad that you're even opening the floodgates and considering some of these things. Later gator 8)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 03:17:09 am by Silver. »
yey

Offline jorbage

• Probably high
  • Novice Member
  • Forum Addict
  • b r o
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/Jordann_/
    • http://www.twitch.tv/Jordann
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaDDjY3bd8Oz7wSQtX_os1A
    • https://twitter.com/EHJordann
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 236
  • Likes Given: 76

T.w² | jorbage

• Total Badges: 26
    4 Year Coin Christmas 2019 3 Year Coin Summer 2018 2 Year Coin Badge Collector (20) 12 Days of Christmas 2017 2500 Posts Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Badge Collector (15) Summer 2017 100 Poll Votes Spammer-25 12 Days of Christmas 2016 Badge Collector (10) 1000 Posts 1 Year Coin 500 Posts Quick Poster Badge Collector (5) Christmas 2016 100 Posts Halloween 2016 Summer 2016 Mobile User
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2020, 10:25:44 am »
surf/bhop rotation server
haha :?

Offline balon

• Operations Director
  • 5k Poster
  • Topic Author
  • Making moves
    • View Profile

tw balon

Spammer-50 Goated OG Christmas 2019 Thanksgiving 2019 Halloween 2019 rich boi 5 Year Coin Coby Wizowd Summer 2018 Croc-a-dil 4 Year Coin 12 Days of Christmas 2017 Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Roasting Event 2017 Summer 2017 Gstad's Squad Blackhat Fly Shit Only 3 Year Coin Christmas 2016 5000 Posts Thanksgiving 2016 Mobz Award Halloween 2016 The Rich Bitch Summer 2016 Drunk Award 12 Days of Christmas Badge Collector (20) 2 Year Coin aPn's Award Christmas 2015 Spammer-25 Badge Collector (15) Thanksgiving 2015 Halloween 2015 Quick Collector (10) Badge Collector (10) Invisible Quick Poster Mobile User Quick Collector (5) 100 Poll Votes Badge Collector (5) 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2020, 12:00:06 pm »
surf/bhop rotation server

BHOP WL coming in early 2021. CA-Surf Rotation to follow.

Offline balon

• Operations Director
  • 5k Poster
  • Topic Author
  • Making moves
    • View Profile

tw balon

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2020, 12:02:36 pm »
Hello!!!

Thanks for opening up a thread for this. I'm super excited about the changes that have been made recently, such as the whitelist modded minecraft server, the new KZ plugin, and the prospect of a new gmod division (specifically Prop Hunt.) From what I've seen, these are all bringing new people into the servers and the community like I haven't seen since I joined this summer. I'm aware that a significant amount of the veteran members of the community want to downscale, and I also understand that they've made many compromises to make the community happy (a great example of this is all the new shit they've just added in the past WEEK, it's insane how the idea to bring minecraft into the mix caused the full development of an entire server that can accommodate so many people in so little time, shoutout to the homie samz).

Here's a few of my suggestions, that I've seen a few others agree with but we honestly never had the balls to ask upfront~~

Cosmetics such as tracers and player colors, and maybe even hats being added to the 1v1 and KZ servers if possible~ Pretty self explanatory, but people REALLY like the credits system. If people are willing to spend money to flex their items in game, then they'd probably like to have more places to use them. I understand that models wouldn't really function anywhere but in JB (it'd really piss off the players) but from what I understand the other cosmetics used to be a part of the servers and worked pretty well. They didn't really break gameplay, and gave players more customizability than just the /ws command. I know this is possible on 1v1, not so sure how well it would work on kz or if you can even use cosmetics like that in tandem with the timer plugin. Forgive my ignorance for not knowing or asking one of the devs about that, it just came off the top of my head as I was writing this.

Implementation of more cross-community events/tournaments~ I understand that this one isn't necessary, but I've seen that in the past Tango has done some tournaments against other large CSGO communities and the community had a lot of fun cheering people on. This would also spur on an influx of new players from across the csgo playerbase, which would be great for the growth of Tango from as it is now into it's later years. It'd be fun to go around popping SG players' heads in an all out war to prove Tango's glory.

As Ldcommish said in the above post, we DEFINITELY need more developers~ These new projects that have been worked on recently have promise to be some of the most fun servers we've had in a while, so to quickly push out plugins, squash bugs, and make the servers run smoothly, we could use a few extra hands. I understand that this is just a quality of life change, but it would work wonders for how our servers perform! The prospect of having new stuff to play consistently has people raring to go play the servers.

Perhaps bring back Member of the Month~ I never got to participate, but It seemed like a pretty high honor to get member of the month. I quite like the idea of model members being recognized for their contributions or exceptional behavior.

I also agree with the suggestion of bringing in community feedback to staff more often~ A monthly or even quarterly (if monthly is too often) community/staff meeting should quell the need of the community to go to staff members to bring up stuff in the meetings, and streamline staff meetings so more can get done during the allotted time.

TangoMedia, please! Podcasts, community montages, whatever it may be, sounds cool!

Perhaps an advertisement committee? I don't know who's domain that falls under, but it's always nice to have a lot of people playing on the servers to conversate with :)

To wrap it up, sure, there's a lot that can be changed in Tango. HOWEVER, my ideas are not always good ideas. If you feel like taking any of these suggestions to heart, I'm glad. If not, I'm glad that you're even opening the floodgates and considering some of these things. Later gator 8)
Hi @Silver.

Thank you for your feedback -- I wanted to comment namely on TangoMedia. We struggle to get active people who want to participate in such. @Ross, as I last heard was working on a course for video editing but otherwise we have not had must interest. How do you think we should combat that moving forward.

Offline silverii

• Jr. Staff
  • Forum Regular
  • tango's favorite femboy
    • https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198273389580/
    • https://twitter.com/OfficialParkerA
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 80
  • Likes Given: 75

tw silverii!

Badge Collector (5) Any amongers? Adorable 100 Posts Quick Poster Mobile User
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2020, 02:24:44 pm »
Hello!!!

Hi @Silver.

Thank you for your feedback -- I wanted to comment namely on TangoMedia. We struggle to get active people who want to participate in such. @Ross, as I last heard was working on a course for video editing but otherwise we have not had must interest. How do you think we should combat that moving forward.

I personally think establishing it more maybe as an official group can combat the amount lack of interest. As for the course on editing, someone who's editing inclined may already have suggestions for resources to get started, so until the suggestion is established as an actual group again there isn't a need to get started on a training video right away. I also like the idea of starting off with light stuff, such as some podcasts/ streams/ interviews from ownership or the staff team, where members send questions in to the TangoMedia team, and we ask to y'all, like a Q&A. This would allow an open flow and close the rift between staff and community, keeping them on the same page. (Talking about any big changes in the network, and maybe opening the pipelines for discussion between the community and staff more often, as was suggested earlier, would definitely keep things fresh). I'm absolutely sure if it was pushed forward it would flourish, just because it teaches some valuable life skills and would be great for team building! Not to mention, you also get to be more involved with the community. Thank you for the response and your consideration.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 02:26:20 pm by Silver. »
yey

Offline Aycliffe

• Rookie Member
  • Forum Regular
  • backwoods
    • https://www.twitch.tv/elythion_ultrauhc
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkFrXEMniGCpJFL6DmR868A?view_as=subscriber
    • https://twitter.com/pewdiepie
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 107
  • Likes Given: 171

aycliffe.tw

Badge Collector (5) 1 Year Coin 100 Posts Mobile User Spammer-25 Quick Poster
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2020, 03:22:38 pm »

Hi @Silver.

I would like to say that there is surely interest in it, there needs to be work done to the Tango Contributors section and it needs to be managed. Assign a dedicated staff role to an upcoming member who is interested in this type of stuff like I was when I wanted to be active in Tango. People from the group they are applying for should talk about it together and tell the contributors manager what they think about the application. I still and always have had interest in Tango, but I don't like the idea of applying for a voluntary position only for it to go unread for 2 months as it has. I have no interest in Counter Strike.

+Vouch he will go far in Tango.
Why do you prefer playing CT over T? : Terrorists are fucking worthless brainded scumfuck bastard pile of trash mental dickface that should be gunned down in the street prison like the degenerates they are and I like putting them in their place

Offline Lance

• Rookie Member
  • Forum Regular
  • im finna kill myself
    • https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198443564906/
    • https://www.twitch.tv/troomoo123
    • https://twitter.com/LanceAlanMoore1
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 30
  • Likes Given: 327

tw lance

Badge Collector (5) Spammer-25 100 Posts Quick Poster Mobile User 1 Year Coin
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2020, 04:47:50 pm »
I think that going into admin applications in the future we need to start looking into new players that can be taught to be good admins.  currently we keep the same rounds of admins and don't give some of the new kids trys, (mostly kb admins since that has the most apps).  I'd also like to see more feed back polls and trying to give new stuff to the server like different plugins and shops stuff like that.  hopefully you somewhat get what i mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmjshTyXwJM&feature=youtu.be

Offline balon

• Operations Director
  • 5k Poster
  • Topic Author
  • Making moves
    • View Profile

tw balon

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2020, 04:59:23 pm »

Hi @Silver.

I would like to say that there is surely interest in it, there needs to be work done to the Tango Contributors section and it needs to be managed. Assign a dedicated staff role to an upcoming member who is interested in this type of stuff like I was when I wanted to be active in Tango. People from the group they are applying for should talk about it together and tell the contributors manager what they think about the application. I still and always have had interest in Tango, but I don't like the idea of applying for a voluntary position only for it to go unread for 2 months as it has. I have no interest in Counter Strike.

We will be reviewing how Contributors are selected, namely putting a portion of this responsibility into @WickedAmaya and @Persephone to oversee they get seen and voted on.

Offline Ledwig

• Loveable Mess
  • Registered Users
  • Forum Addict
  • I used to do things
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/vyddel
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-AOBhiWAwhVuLi6dS2TXZQ
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 544
  • Likes Given: 1717

Ledwig

• Total Badges: 24
    4 Year Coin 3 Year Coin Summer 2018 Badge Collector (20) 2500 Posts 2 Year Coin Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Badge Collector (15) Overruled - Rez's Badge 100 Poll Votes Mobile User Summer 2017 Badge Collector (10) 1000 Posts 500 Posts Spammer-25 100 Posts Badge Collector (5) Quick Poster 1 Year Coin Christmas 2016 Halloween 2016 Summer 2016
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2020, 05:24:58 pm »
In addition, some random questions and things I would love to have answers to:
  • Would members like to see a return to a quarterly community meeting, opening doors to everyone?
  • Would members be interested in a once per month open staff forum, where in our normal meeting any members can attend?
  • Should we release a survey with potential changes to survey the community for outcomes?
  • Anything you may think needs to be immediately addressed in the coming weeks, especially during this winter break?
Well, to directly answer some of the questions given first.

Absolutely, though I suppose it depends on how that quarterly community meeting is handled. I'd really enjoy it if we as the community got an insight as to what the plans for the next quarter is. For example take how Garry's Mod is releasing soon, if more servers are potentially going to go up for that than Prophunt, big community news and directions would be awesome to hear. Though perhaps that might work better as a post or announcement now that I spell it out like that. Whatever the case I agree with the others in this thread thinking that lowering the gap between council and members is a good thing. It's always been one of the parts of Tango I've seen people critical of, myself included.

In the ideal of closing that gap, I think that's an interesting idea, although I'm not sure of how it might go in practice. I think that the staff meetings have their place and that it's actually a good thing they can be done behind closed doors. I'd be much more interested in seeing something like the former idea mentioned happen, as it feels like often those details and plans are often left to the staff alone, leaving the community in the dark occasionally. I can see it going well if there are moments where the community can interact and help out or voice their opinions on certain things in the meeting but otherwise I'd probably leave that one alone personally.

Yes to the survey. Straight up big old yes to that. I think that the community getting to have and voice their own opinion is exactly the kind of thing we should be striving for. I've already pointed it out and as have others in the thread but reducing the information gap and increasing the community's voice is the direction I see being best for Tango in the future.

Honestly at my moment the main concerns are with the official groups, or more specifically Mentor I should say, though I have some thoughts on Event Team as well. Since the 'legacy' announcement earlier this year it's felt like Mentor as a whole has slowed down significantly. The interest for the group has died down significantly and at this point it far more resembles Community Leadership than anything Mentorship. In fact as far as I've seen even in the group there's been little to no talk of that at all. I personally really want to see the group branch out into that kind of combined entity again. I've a LOT of thoughts regarding the group, and if you wanted to DM me about them I'll go into more depth.

Beyond that, while Jailbreak has made a noticeable recovery since @Axel came into the picture, there has been a huge deprivation of the same motivation or will to improve out of a lot of folk since the whole legacy announcement. From my entire experience in Tango seeing everyone like that before Axel came back was one of the all-time lows I've seen in my time with the community. I'm not quite sure how, but reaffirming the motivation to improve the servers and community I think is a key step to really getting back on track if we're still interested in growing the gaming side of the community.

I do have more thoughts but atm I have to finish up writing. If you want to hear more I'd be glad to indulge more. I have thoughts regarding certain things with the Event Team as well among more indepth explanations for what I'd said before in this post.

Offline Vita

• happy.
  • Legend
  • Forum Addict
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/ExtinctorVita/
    • http://www.twitch.tv/extinctorvita
    • http://twitter.com/exinctorvita
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 639
  • Likes Given: 63

tw vita

• Total Badges: 44
    100 Poll Votes OG Christmas 2019 5 Year Coin Thanksgiving 2019 Real One Halloween 2019 4 Year Coin Certified Cutie Summer 2018 Croc-a-dil Giving Thanks 2017 12 Days of Christmas 2017 3 Year Coin Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Summer 2017 Drunk Award Ur-Banana Fly Shit Only 12 Days of Christmas 2016 Gstad's Squad Invisible Badge Collector (20) Conner's Badge of Prestige 2 Year Coin Christmas 2016 Thanksgiving 2016 Badge Collector (15) Halloween 2016 1000 Posts Summer 2016 Spammer-50 Badge Collector (10) Spammer-25 500 Posts 1 Year Coin Christmas 2015 Badge Collector (5) Thanksgiving 2015 Halloween 2015 Quick Poster Mobile User 100 Posts
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2020, 07:45:55 pm »

TangoLive comeback?

Offline ris

• Community Advisor
  • Forum Addict
  • ʰᵉʰᵉ ˣᵈ
    • https://www.twitch.tv/dxsor
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 502
  • Likes Given: 200

tw ris

• Total Badges: 37
    4 Year Coin Any amongers? Christmas 2019 2500 Posts Thanksgiving 2019 Croc-a-dil Real One Homoflexual 3 Year Coin Boomer Alert Halloween 2019 Lovable Certified Cutie Spammer-25 2 Year Coin Member of the Month 2018 Badge Collector (20) Fly Shit Only 1000 Posts Summer 2018 Coby Wizowd Badge Collector (15) 500 Posts 100 Poll Votes Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Badge Collector (10) 1 Year Coin Summer 2017 Invisible 12 Days of Christmas 2016 Badge Collector (5) Gstad's Squad 100 Posts Quick Poster Christmas 2016 Mobile User
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2020, 01:43:36 am »

TangoLive comeback?
TangoPodcast
the “web moderator” is just a hypocritical, insecure person loool
Worst forum mod since Xbftb
@Caribou has resigned from KZ Div Staff

G2A Sponsor Image
DigitalOcean
Sinus Bot
AllTrapNation.com
OVH Networks
G2A Sponsor Image
DigitalOcean