Welcome to TangoWorldWide!
You are a Guest, which means you cannot use
all possible features on this forum.
Sign in or Register, to enjoy full functionality. It'll only take 2 seconds!
321 Players in 11 Servers

Author Topic: KZClimb Rebuilt  (Read 1844 times)

Offline balon

• Operations Director
  • 5k Poster
  • Topic Author
  • Making moves
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/balon21
    • https://twitch.tv/tjbalon
    • https://twitter.com/TangoWorldWide
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1973
  • Likes Given: 324

tw balon

• Total Badges: 51
    Badges: (View All)
    Spammer-50 Goated OG Christmas 2019 Thanksgiving 2019 Halloween 2019 rich boi 5 Year Coin Coby Wizowd Summer 2018 Croc-a-dil 4 Year Coin 12 Days of Christmas 2017 Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Roasting Event 2017 Summer 2017 Gstad's Squad Blackhat Fly Shit Only 3 Year Coin Christmas 2016 5000 Posts Thanksgiving 2016 Mobz Award Halloween 2016 The Rich Bitch Summer 2016 Drunk Award 12 Days of Christmas Badge Collector (20) 2 Year Coin aPn's Award Christmas 2015 Spammer-25 Badge Collector (15) Thanksgiving 2015 Halloween 2015 Quick Collector (10) Badge Collector (10) Invisible Quick Poster Mobile User Quick Collector (5) 100 Poll Votes Badge Collector (5) 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts
Re: KZClimb Rebuilt
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2020, 06:48:36 pm »
@Aspire

I thank you for being really interested in our KZ server -- but please try to keep it civil, everyone is welcome to opinions.

I do have to agree that KZTimer is more friendly to new players than GOKZ, I hope you can agree on this regard. I think that our best course of action is:
- KZTimer public server
- 8-12 slot private GOKZ server for WL access only

This allows harder maps to be completed by players that will want hard maps without an RTV, etc... and also caters to the other side.

To play the GOKZ WL, you will need to either:
1) be in tango
2) be a supporter (update to follow, this is the non-tag option)
3) we may open up another option like if you hit x-rank on the kztimer server

let me know what you think of this approach. we are working with the kz timer admins now, as we still have the issue on crate_delight and other maps of people falling through blocks -- regardless of a full reinstallation and some debugging (with Ruto, who said he has NEVER seen that issue before). We're not too sure what is causing the issue.

Offline Aspire

• Registered Users
  • Forum Newbie
  • Hey, I'm new here!
    • steamcommunity.com/id/spunsklobs
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 1

Aspire

• Total Badges: 0
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2020, 07:05:38 pm »
@Aspire

I thank you for being really interested in our KZ server -- but please try to keep it civil, everyone is welcome to opinions.

I do have to agree that KZTimer is more friendly to new players than GOKZ, I hope you can agree on this regard. I think that our best course of action is:
- KZTimer public server

This allows harder maps to be completed by players that will want hard maps without an RTV, etc... and also caters to the other side.

1) be in tango

let me know what you think of this approach. we are working with the kz timer admins now, as we still have the issue on crate_delight and other maps of people falling through blocks -- regardless of a full reinstallation and some debugging (with Ruto, who said he has NEVER seen that issue before). We're not too sure what is causing the issue.

Apologies for being toxic, but it's not right when someone is spreading misinformation and trying to pass it off as fact, then when confronted, call it an opinion. Just something that needs to be called out.

Offline balon

• Operations Director
  • 5k Poster
  • Topic Author
  • Making moves
    • View Profile

tw balon

Spammer-50 Goated OG Christmas 2019 Thanksgiving 2019 Halloween 2019 rich boi 5 Year Coin Coby Wizowd Summer 2018 Croc-a-dil 4 Year Coin 12 Days of Christmas 2017 Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Roasting Event 2017 Summer 2017 Gstad's Squad Blackhat Fly Shit Only 3 Year Coin Christmas 2016 5000 Posts Thanksgiving 2016 Mobz Award Halloween 2016 The Rich Bitch Summer 2016 Drunk Award 12 Days of Christmas Badge Collector (20) 2 Year Coin aPn's Award Christmas 2015 Spammer-25 Badge Collector (15) Thanksgiving 2015 Halloween 2015 Quick Collector (10) Badge Collector (10) Invisible Quick Poster Mobile User Quick Collector (5) 100 Poll Votes Badge Collector (5) 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2020, 01:34:10 am »
@Aspire

- KZTimer public server

1) be in tango

Apologies for being toxic, but it's not right when someone is spreading misinformation and trying to pass it off as fact, then when confronted, call it an opinion. Just something that needs to be called out.
That is fair, and we are thankful you are motivated by our changes enough to come post here. We just want to try our best to keep it less toxic when sharing heated opinions. Do not worry, we understand your response and will not act based on those statements regarding the server.

Let me know what you think to my reply on what we plan to do!

Thanks @Aspire

Offline Lance

• Rookie Member
  • Forum Regular
  • im finna kill myself
    • https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198443564906/
    • https://www.twitch.tv/troomoo123
    • https://twitter.com/LanceAlanMoore1
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 30
  • Likes Given: 327

tw lance

• Total Badges: 6
    Badge Collector (5) Spammer-25 100 Posts Quick Poster Mobile User 1 Year Coin
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2020, 12:35:30 pm »
bring back !ipcheck "player name" and !vpncheck "player name"  cuz thats whats lets admins know if they are ban evading.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmjshTyXwJM&feature=youtu.be

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Dog

• Divisional Staff
  • Forum Junkie
  • Bork
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 101
  • Likes Given: 342

tw Dog

• Total Badges: 9
    500 Posts Stargazers 100 Poll Votes Badge Collector (5) 1 Year Coin Spammer-25 Quick Poster 100 Posts Mobile User
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2020, 01:01:00 pm »
I haven't commented on this thread since OG told me shit was getting heated but I'm really happy with any of the options.

I enjoyed GOKZ fixed a lot of timer issues

KZT is easier for new players

And the finale outcome is best of both worlds thank you for everything you are doing Balon!

@Xtra and @Character it shows how well you have progressed in your abilities to control yourselves.
Dear @Slothy
We are thrilled to inform you that your application for supplementary admin has been accepted!
Over the following 42-72hrs you should receive your full admin.

Best regards,
Tainted the KZ SA
- Rivisional Staff

don't plan out your whole life when you're still eating off the kids menu smh

Offline Aspire

• Registered Users
  • Forum Newbie
  • Hey, I'm new here!
    • View Profile

Aspire

« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2020, 05:54:32 pm »
@Aspire

- KZTimer public server

1) be in tango

That is fair, and we are thankful you are motivated by our changes enough to come post here. We just want to try our best to keep it less toxic when sharing heated opinions. Do not worry, we understand your response and will not act based on those statements regarding the server.

Thanks @Aspire

I think a better course of action would be to have 2 separate GOKZ servers, one whitelisted and one public, this would allow everyone to get a feel for the plugin and the servers themselves, since the server was previously KZT I personally see no point in continuing it as KZT, GOKZ servers also can track points and rankings via specific plugins and options so those dedicated enough can still get a chance at the whitelisted servers.

Offline Refrigerator

• Group Leader
  • Forum Junkie
  • I got codeine in my fridge ~
    • https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198310730422/
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 310
  • Likes Given: 243

T.w² | Refrigerator

• Total Badges: 12
    1 Year Coin Badge Collector (10) Spammer-25 Any amongers? Adorable Invisible Badge Collector (5) 500 Posts 100 Posts Certified Cutie Quick Poster Mobile User
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2020, 05:57:09 pm »
@Aspire

- KZTimer public server

1) be in tango

Thanks @Aspire

I think a better course of action would be to have 2 separate GOKZ servers, one whitelisted and one public, this would allow everyone to get a feel for the plugin and the servers themselves, since the server was previously KZT I personally see no point in continuing it as KZT, GOKZ servers also can track points and rankings via specific plugins and options so those dedicated enough can still get a chance at the whitelisted servers.

if you remember correctly, the poll that came up favored kzt very heavily, but was unfortunately taken down.

kzt can also track points and rankings

Offline Aspire

• Registered Users
  • Forum Newbie
  • Hey, I'm new here!
    • View Profile

Aspire

« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2020, 10:57:33 pm »
@Aspire

- KZTimer public server

1) be in tango

Thanks @Aspire

if you remember correctly, the poll that came up favored kzt very heavily, but was unfortunately taken down.

kzt can also track points and rankings

I know it can, and I did not look at this post when the poll came up. I just said that both plugins have their own ways to track points and map completions.

Offline Lance

• Rookie Member
  • Forum Regular
  • im finna kill myself
    • https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198443564906/
    • https://www.twitch.tv/troomoo123
    • https://twitter.com/LanceAlanMoore1
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 30
  • Likes Given: 327

tw lance

• Total Badges: 6
    Badge Collector (5) Spammer-25 100 Posts Quick Poster Mobile User 1 Year Coin
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2020, 09:42:34 am »
1) be in tango

i think it could be a skill gap thing too cuz there's quiet a few players that are very good at kz but don't support/donate or are in tango but would like to play gokz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmjshTyXwJM&feature=youtu.be

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Refrigerator

• Group Leader
  • Forum Junkie
  • I got codeine in my fridge ~
    • https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198310730422/
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 310
  • Likes Given: 243

T.w² | Refrigerator

• Total Badges: 12
    1 Year Coin Badge Collector (10) Spammer-25 Any amongers? Adorable Invisible Badge Collector (5) 500 Posts 100 Posts Certified Cutie Quick Poster Mobile User
« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2020, 12:29:07 pm »
1) be in tango

i think it could be a skill gap thing too cuz there's quiet a few players that are very good at kz but don't support/donate or are in tango but would like to play gokz

@Lance

this is the exact reason for #3 - essentially an option for trusted players that aren't actually in tango

Offline balon

• Operations Director
  • 5k Poster
  • Topic Author
  • Making moves
    • View Profile

tw balon

« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2020, 12:54:27 pm »
We will resume work on the server sometime tomorrow or sunday - tangos admin services are "on break" for the holiday. We would be global by now but I got busy situating that damn bug on crate_delight LOL

G2A Sponsor Image
DigitalOcean
Sinus Bot
AllTrapNation.com
OVH Networks
G2A Sponsor Image
DigitalOcean
Sinus Bot
AllTrapNation.com
OVH Networks