Welcome to TangoWorldWide!
You are a Guest, which means you cannot use
all possible features on this forum.
Sign in or Register, to enjoy full functionality. It'll only take 2 seconds!
548 Players in 11 Servers

Author Topic: Volt's Monthly Game Recommendation and Review  (Read 335 times)

Offline voltingshock

• Operations Manager
  • Forum Addict
  • Topic Author
  • Sup
    • http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198342217036/
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 247
  • Likes Given: 199

tw valeera

• Total Badges: 21
    Badges: (View All)
    Badge Collector (20) Adorable 3 Year Coin Any amongers? Stargazers Badge Collector (15) 1000 Posts 100 Poll Votes 500 Posts Christmas 2019 Badge Collector (10) Spammer-25 Thanksgiving 2019 Halloween 2019 2 Year Coin Badge Collector (5) 100 Posts Quick Poster 1 Year Coin Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017
Volt's Monthly Game Recommendation and Review
« on: October 26, 2020, 11:07:39 am »

This months Recommendation (drumroll please!) is...

Death Stranding

Developer: Kojima Industries
Engine: Decima
Designer: Hideo Kojima
Platforms: Playstation and PC (steam)
Release Date: November 8th, 2019 (Playstation), July 14th, 2020 (PC)
Price: 59.99 USD
Awards: GANG Audio of the Year, GANG Sound Design of the Year, Titanium Best Soundtrack award, BAFTA Technical Achievement award, The Game Best Game Direction, The Game Best Performance, The Game Best Score and Music. Many other nominees in sound design and soundtrack
Metacritic: 83

Plot Synopsis (no spoilers): In the near future, mysterious explosions have rocked the planet, setting off a series of supernatural events known as the Death Stranding. With spectral creatures plaguing the landscape, and the planet on the verge of a mass extinction, it's up to Sam to journey across the ravaged wasteland and save mankind from extinction.

Genre: Strand (A new genre created by this game that aimed to connect players asynchrounously. It doesn't really fit in a defineable genre otherwise, with action and adventure, but also long narrative and exploration mechanics). It is not horror, although it may appear that way

My rating: 9/10
My Review: While at times it may appear tedious and you can just be walking for a few minutes, Death Stranding delivers a cinematic and narrative experience that has really been unrivaled in the past few years of games I've played. The mechanics in the game, from balancing your center of gravity to delivering orders and the combat are delivered seamlessly and it never feels clunky or rushed. While yes a mechanic of the game is the long delivery journeys that have gotten it branded as a walking simulator, it really enhances the experience and makes it all the more rewarding, which blends into how the game's combat and intensity spikes rapidly during those journeys. Graphics are excellent, mechanics are excellent, and I could nitpick minor details about it, it overall is an amazing experience that I can recommend anyone to pick up. It manages to deliver an emotional story through rewarding gameplay in such a weird plot and concept, much like games like Mass Effect (the good ME, not Andromeda), but that's about where the similarities end between the two.

I look forward to the second title in the Strand universe or series (after I finish this one!), which Kojima confirmed started development in 2019.

Played the game yourself? Have any questions about it? Respond to the thread with your own take on this game, if you agree with me or you think my review was wrong, let me know!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 03:52:35 pm by voltingshock »

We are a privately owned business, we have no obligation to allow freedom of speech.
it’s been 2 months sir i am no longer sore thank you for this advice

Hey everyone- appreciate the kind words. Unfortunately, thorgot uses very complex logic systems and chances are, there won't be a chance of me fixing his creations. Most jailbreak maps like peanut and obama are relatively simple- but thorgots are very advanced.

maybe people will stop asking EVERY mapper that exists to "fix" Thorgots maps
Past Positions: Jailbreak SA, Junior staff, Skyblock Div Staff. Senior member, Junior staff (again), Event Coordinator
Current Positions: Event Leader, Group Leader: Events, Operations Manager

Offline AndrewS

• Sr. Staff
  • Forum Regular
  • ☆ Stargazers ☆
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/AndyPWD/
    • https://www.twitch.tv/andypwd
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 51
  • Likes Given: 34

tw andrew

• Total Badges: 26
    Goated 100 Poll Votes Spammer-25 4 Year Coin R.W Badge Collector (20) Oyasumi Punpun True Canadians Badge Any amongers? White Knight Badge Collector (15) Stargazers 3 Year Coin 2 Year Coin Badge Collector (10) Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Summer 2017 1 Year Coin 12 Days of Christmas 2016 Badge Collector (5) 100 Posts Christmas 2016 Halloween 2016 Quick Poster Mobile User
Re: Volt's Weekly Game Recommendation and Review
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2020, 05:41:24 pm »
I can agree on that, this game is a 9.3/10 for me.

Offline ris

• Community Advisor
  • Forum Addict
  • ʰᵉʰᵉ ˣᵈ
    • https://www.twitch.tv/dxsor
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 502
  • Likes Given: 200

tw ris

• Total Badges: 37
    4 Year Coin Any amongers? Christmas 2019 2500 Posts Thanksgiving 2019 Croc-a-dil Real One Homoflexual 3 Year Coin Boomer Alert Halloween 2019 Lovable Certified Cutie Spammer-25 2 Year Coin Member of the Month 2018 Badge Collector (20) Fly Shit Only 1000 Posts Summer 2018 Coby Wizowd Badge Collector (15) 500 Posts 100 Poll Votes Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Badge Collector (10) 1 Year Coin Summer 2017 Invisible 12 Days of Christmas 2016 Badge Collector (5) Gstad's Squad 100 Posts Quick Poster Christmas 2016 Mobile User
Re: Volt's Weekly Game Recommendation and Review
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2020, 08:27:38 am »
I prefer Anime Standing
the “web moderator” is just a hypocritical, insecure person loool
Worst forum mod since Xbftb
@Caribou has resigned from KZ Div Staff

Offline voltingshock

• Operations Manager
  • Forum Addict
  • Topic Author
  • Sup
    • http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198342217036/
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 247
  • Likes Given: 199

tw valeera

• Total Badges: 21
    Badge Collector (20) Adorable 3 Year Coin Any amongers? Stargazers Badge Collector (15) 1000 Posts 100 Poll Votes 500 Posts Christmas 2019 Badge Collector (10) Spammer-25 Thanksgiving 2019 Halloween 2019 2 Year Coin Badge Collector (5) 100 Posts Quick Poster 1 Year Coin Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017
Re: Volt's Monthly Game Recommendation and Review
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2021, 02:40:30 pm »

This months Recommendation (drumroll please!) is...

Rogue Legacy 2

Developer: Cellar Door Games
Engine: In-house.
Designer: Teddy Lee
Platforms: Steam
Release Date: August 18th (early access) 2020, full release: TBA
Price: 19.99 USD
Awards: None
Metacritic: Not yet rated (early access). Rogue Legacy 1 earned an 80

Plot Synopsis (no spoilers): Every time you die, your children will succeed you, and each child is unique. Your daughter might be a Colourblind Archer, and your son could be a Pacifistic Chef. Either way, one of them is getting conscripted to explore an ever changing dungeon and defeat the evils within.

Genre: Metroidvania, platformer, roguelike

My rating: 8/10
My Review: Initially I was thrown off by the steep learning curve combat and movement had, dying to simple rooms and enemies, but after playing for a few hours and kind of getting the hang of it, the challenge of combat starts to feel exciting and rewarding. Taking the roguelike dungeon-generating genre to a new level using platforming and mixes of unique traits, it is a game I never heard of before it popped up in my steam queue, but I'm glad it did. Originally my review would have been Slay the Spire for this month, but everyone knows that game, this game is much more deserving of the small spotlight my review can put on it. I highly recommend you check out this game and supports its dev till full release! 

The full release will be glorious, and perhaps mod support is coming in the future.

Sorry for my lack of posts for the last 2 months, oops

Played the game yourself? Have any questions about it? Respond to the thread with your own take on this game, if you agree with me or you think my review was wrong, let me know!

« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 02:41:03 pm by voltingshock »

We are a privately owned business, we have no obligation to allow freedom of speech.
it’s been 2 months sir i am no longer sore thank you for this advice

Hey everyone- appreciate the kind words. Unfortunately, thorgot uses very complex logic systems and chances are, there won't be a chance of me fixing his creations. Most jailbreak maps like peanut and obama are relatively simple- but thorgots are very advanced.

maybe people will stop asking EVERY mapper that exists to "fix" Thorgots maps
Past Positions: Jailbreak SA, Junior staff, Skyblock Div Staff. Senior member, Junior staff (again), Event Coordinator
Current Positions: Event Leader, Group Leader: Events, Operations Manager

G2A Sponsor Image
DigitalOcean
Sinus Bot
AllTrapNation.com
OVH Networks
G2A Sponsor Image
DigitalOcean
Sinus Bot
AllTrapNation.com
OVH Networks