Welcome to TangoWorldWide!
You are a Guest, which means you cannot use
all possible features on this forum.
Sign in or Register, to enjoy full functionality. It'll only take 2 seconds!
471 Players in 13 Servers

Author Topic: How did you find out about tango? What made you stay?  (Read 400 times)

squish and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline voltingshock

• Jr. Staff
  • Forum Regular
  • so uh yeah
    • http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198342217036/
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 52
  • Likes Given: 32

T.w² Voltingshock

• Total Badges: 9
    Badges: (View All)
    Thanksgiving 2019 Halloween 2019 2 Year Coin Badge Collector (5) 100 Posts Quick Poster 1 Year Coin Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017
Re: How did you find out about tango? What made you stay?
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2019, 07:24:39 am »
honestly dont remember, I think I was wandering around the server browser back in 2017 and picked Tango jb, played a  bit, didnt play for a year, and in early 2019 went back to my recently played and hopped back on, probably because I was bored of bhopping on Sneak's bhop.
Stayed because I love the community and the server, its like no other
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 07:25:06 am by voltingshock »

We are a privately owned business, we have no obligation to allow freedom of speech.

Hey everyone- appreciate the kind words. Unfortunately, thorgot uses very complex logic systems and chances are, there won't be a chance of me fixing his creations. Most jailbreak maps like peanut and obama are relatively simple- but thorgots are very advanced.

maybe people will stop asking EVERY mapper that exists to "fix" Thorgots maps
Past Positions: Jailbreak SA
Current Positions: Junior Staff/Skyblock Div. staff

Offline Ser_DubstepCat

• Real Dub
  • Web & Comms Mod
  • Forum Regular
  • Dub
    • https://steamcommunity.com/id/serdubstepcat/
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 54
  • Likes Given: 39

T.w² | Ser DubstepCat

• Total Badges: 12
    Quick Poster Badge Collector (10) Thanksgiving 2019 Ur-Banana Homoflexual Halloween 2019 Badge Collector (5) Certified Cutie Invisible 100 Posts Lovable Mobile User
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2019, 07:25:46 am »
I wanted to get back into community servers within CS:GO and my friend found one and invited me to it, and it's been a fun ride ever since.

Offline sleepy.

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2019, 07:32:05 am »
well i’ve known about tango for about 3 years, i knew it was a thing back when i was apart of SNG JB. when i took my break from pc gaming as a whole, i joined back and SNG was basically gone at that point. I saw that Tango was still around and when i joined i was instantly welcomed by @Mr.Fear and @doc .

made by @Caribou <3
(Thinks he can say the n word in discord cause he is mexican)
ok im calm now
Nice to meet you! I'm a Web Slave!
internet janitor pepelaugh
and with that we are shutting tangoworldwide
I deny all accusations

Offline baseballattix

• Weeb
  • Forum Regular
  • It's just a game why you haf to be mad
    • http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198306373471/home
    • https://twitter.com/baseballattix
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 17
  • Likes Given: 37

T.w² | baseballattix

• Total Badges: 9
    100 Posts Quick Poster 2 Year Coin Badge Collector (5) Mobile User Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 1 Year Coin Summer 2017
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2019, 01:30:20 pm »
I joined this one B-hop server.  Low, aaron, and S. were on the server and I've never turned back since.

Online doc

• Sr. Staff
  • Forum Addict
  • skribbl.io is THE BEST game, dont @ me
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/DocVontGomery
    • https://twitch.tv/docvg
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 171
  • Likes Given: 105

tw doc

• Total Badges: 18
    Thanksgiving 2019 Real One Badge Collector (15) Homoflexual Halloween 2019 1 Year Coin Spammer-50 1000 Posts Badge Collector (10) Certified Cutie .cL of the Month 100 Poll Votes Badge Collector (5) 500 Posts Spammer-25 100 Posts Quick Poster Mobile User
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2019, 03:29:06 pm »
My friend introduced me to it, I honestly don't remember his name but I originally hopped on Jailbreak back in summer 2018 and then I played ever since.
Current Position:
Council: Sr. Staff

Past Positions:
Divisional Staff: Rust
Content Team: Mapping
Council: Jr. Staff

Offline Mistaken

• Registered Users
  • Forum Addict
  • I just dream that person of my life likes me back
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/mistaken_tv
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 161
  • Likes Given: 328

Mistaken

• Total Badges: 24
    3 Year Coin 2500 Posts Summer 2018 Badge Collector (20) 12 Days of Christmas 2017 Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 2 Year Coin Badge Collector (15) Summer 2017 100 Poll Votes 1000 Posts 500 Posts Badge Collector (10) Spammer-25 I Triggered LemonFridge Quick Poster 100 Posts Badge Collector (5) 1 Year Coin Christmas 2016 Halloween 2016 Summer 2016 Mobile User
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2019, 05:58:10 pm »
Was playing on the minigames server with tw adam, shadow and a few others. Claimed shadow was a cheater and was a toxic idiot. changed my ways and wanted to join and everyone knows my story here :smileyface:

Offline arc

• Rookie Member
  • Forum Junkie
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/thefourtharcturus
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 62
  • Likes Given: 84

tw ark

• Total Badges: 8
    Thanksgiving 2019 Halloween 2019 Badge Collector (5) 500 Posts Spammer-25 100 Posts Quick Poster Mobile User
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2019, 08:39:57 pm »
Got a new PC in Christmas morning, downloaded CS:GO, downloaded a bunch of stuff for my PC, played CS:GO, got bored, joined a bunch of community servers (Tango was the first) and met a bunch of people. I think the first map I joined was on Obama and I was so confused on how to play Jailbreak so I begged veterans of the server (like Ryry) on how to play CT since I loved the CT role. Kept coming back and met new people and met toxic people, then became one of the toxic people for months. But I've changed, so that's good. I think my 1 year anniversary is soon.

Looking for some thread designs? UI design? Logos? Signatures? Add me on Discord.
arcturus#1765

Offline Jack

• Forum Addict
  • a hopeless boy who has fallen in love
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 108
  • Likes Given: 433

tw jack

• Total Badges: 23
    Homoflexual Thanksgiving 2019 Badge Collector (20) Conner's Badge of Prestige Halloween 2019 Certified Cutie 2 Year Coin Badge Collector (15) 1000 Posts Summer 2018 Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Badge Collector (10) 1 Year Coin 100 Poll Votes Summer 2017 500 Posts Badge Collector (5) Spammer-25 100 Posts Quick Poster Mobile User Christmas 2016
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2019, 09:01:24 pm »
Came with soar and @Flow and stayed because I got permabanned from the other community we were apart of

Offline Tendies

• Registered Users
  • Forum Regular
  • Hey, I'm new here!
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/PissOffMan
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 51
  • Likes Given: 35

Tendies

• Total Badges: 14
    3 Year Coin 100 Posts 2 Year Coin Badge Collector (10) Quick Poster Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Mobile User Badge Collector (5) Summer 2017 1 Year Coin Christmas 2016 Halloween 2016 Summer 2016
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2019, 12:34:01 am »
It all comes down to surfing with doomsday, those were some nice days.
Then marv and james came along and really made my boring self into something. Really glad I met these three people because without them I 100% would not be around tango still. Of course there are now people that I value more over than the others but they're what started this weird addiction to this community. If you come into my discord live streams even for a few seconds to just vibe for a bit, you're elite.

Offline SouthWind66 ™

• 𝓲𝓷𝓼𝓹𝓲𝓻𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓵 𝓺𝓾𝓸𝓽𝓮
  • Web & Comms Mod
  • Forum Addict
    • https://steamcommunity.com/id/southwind66
    • None...i think
    • None...i think
    • None...i think
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 191
  • Likes Given: 446

T.w² | SouthWind66 ™

• Total Badges: 21
    Badge Collector (20) Thanksgiving 2019 Halloween 2019 Lovable 2 Year Coin 1000 Posts Badge Collector (15) 100 Poll Votes Spammer-25 500 Posts Badge Collector (10) Invisible Quick Poster Summer 2018 100 Posts Badge Collector (5) 1 Year Coin Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Summer 2017 Mobile User
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2019, 12:55:27 am »
Tango and myself have a weird history. Whenever I first got CSGO, I wanted some fun servers to play on whenever I didn't feel like playing a comp. I wasn't very good at surfing or bhoping, and there were little to no Build Wars servers on CSGO, so i started looking for new game modes. Thus came Jailbreak!

I didn't really understand what a 'gaming community' was either, so I had NO idea we had a website, or any kind of real 'community'.

I realized as I was playing on the server, that a lot of people had the 't.w.' tag in their name, and I was under the assumption that people just liked representing the server to bring in population. So I threw on the tag as well, still not realizing what Tango was/ is. After some time, I started looking up to the Div Staff @CmAnT and @InsideJob and I asked Inside how I could get admin. He then linked me to the website and explained that I would actually have to get into Tango before applying for SA. So I applied, got accepted as both a member and an SA of JB, then started hanging out with the other admins on the server ( @DreadDrago @Grimm @Ruby100101 @diceprevailz7 @zook. ) and thus i started my life in Tango!

After most of those guys left, including InsideJob, I didn't really have to many close friends in Tango, so my activity went down, and so did my admin. Once summer rolled around again, I started to explore Tango's website, and really started to understand what kind of Staff position were out there. I remember making it my goal to be JB Div on day, and helping other admins out like Inside and Cmant did for me. Thus I started the grind all over again, this time with two different Div Staff members ( @Dragonate and @awakening ). I met new friends, and began a whole new life in Tango, getting A-team, then group staff of cL, then web mod. Things went all over the place, in what seems like a short amount of time.

So, I guess to answer the last part of this question, the friends I met in Tango are what made me stay. I met so many of them, and I'm having such a great time with them, I see no real reason to leave!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

G2A Sponsor Image
DigitalOcean
Sinus Bot
AllTrapNation.com
OVH Networks
G2A Sponsor Image
DigitalOcean
Sinus Bot
AllTrapNation.com
OVH Networks