Welcome to TangoWorldWide!
You are a Guest, which means you cannot use
all possible features on this forum.
Sign in or Register, to enjoy full functionality. It'll only take 2 seconds!
272 Players in 16 Servers

Author Topic: [OSRS] Questions  (Read 60 times)

Offline Teebz

• Uppercase N for No.
  • Group Staff
  • Forum Addict
  • Topic Author
  • Hey, I'm Teebz! Wassah?
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/Teebz
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 92
  • Likes Given: 233

T.w2 | Teebz@HumanResourcesLover

• Total Badges: 30
    Badges: (View All)
    2 Year Coin Giving Thanks 2017 12 Days of Christmas 2017 Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Overruled - Rez's Badge Roasting Event 2017 Summer 2017 2500 Posts Badge Collector (20) 1 Year Coin Spammer-250 Spammer-100 12 Days of Christmas 2016 100 Poll Votes Badge Collector (15) Member of the Month 2016 Christmas 2016 Thanksgiving 2016 Badge Collector (10) 1000 Posts Spammer-50 500 Posts Halloween 2016 Badge Collector (5) Spammer-25 100 Posts Quick Poster Summer 2016 Mobile User
[OSRS] Questions
« on: March 06, 2019, 06:13:42 pm »
Few questions because everyone's been raving about OSRS.

• Is it worth it to start now, or would I be too far behind everyone else who's been playing?
  • Do I need to pay money to actually play or can I earn it on the game to buy the membership thing?
  • How should I start playing the game to become an OSRS God?

TY :)
oh i also recruited some kids, one of them is now a shit manager
Quote from: Shadox
I wasn't technically supposed to slap him but i did because my friend and i were doing a truth or dare and i'm not a pussy, so i did it.
T.w² | Teebz: I would just like to know what a tango is
T.w² | balon@tangoservers.net: uh
T.w² | balon@tangoservers.net: a sick dance
T.w² | Teebz: U wanna sickly dance with me dad? ;)

Offline ItsCanada

• (level-126)
  • Forum Junkie
  • Currently staking
    • https://steamcommunity.com/id/imcanadian/
    • https://www.twitch.tv/canadaey
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrzvpLQjT4ifrzxqStFgWsQ
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 132
  • Likes Given: 138

tw2 ItsCanada

• Total Badges: 21
    Badge Collector (20) 3 Year Coin 100 Poll Votes Summer 2018 Coby Wizowd Badge Collector (15) 12 Days of Christmas 2017 500 Posts 2 Year Coin Badge Collector (10) Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Summer 2017 1 Year Coin Christmas 2016 Badge Collector (5) Halloween 2016 Summer 2016 100 Posts Mobile User Quick Poster
Re: [OSRS] Questions
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2019, 11:57:44 pm »
@Teebz A lot of the people that play the game now is for nostalgia, however it's an amazing game. There's just so much shit you can do. A huge part of the game is grinding, so if you're not into repeating the same thing over and over again for countless hours, then it might not be the game for you, but there's also quests, bosses, a great community, and tons of time-consuming goals to work towards. I have over 4000 hours logged on to my account and I'm still not even close to finished. I think for me the best part of the game is the social aspect. You could literally just be strolling around doing your own thing and meet some cool people and get to talking. It's incredibly easy to make friends and then it becomes a challenge to become better than them. I love the fact that all your achievements that you work so hard towards can be bragged about and shown off to other players.

As for paying money for membership, that is by no means necessary, but it might be worth it. When you start the game, being free2play is totally fine. You can start off by completing all the free to play quests and trying to get the best f2p armour(rune). I would only get members after you get that far. In fact, I would be happy to give you a bond(14 days of membership) if you do. Runescape has 2 options; you can pay $11 per month to be a member, or you can pay around 3.5 million gold for a bond. So if you dont want to spend time grinding for the gold, it might just be worth it to pay irl money. It's not that bad considering how much content you get as a member(over 100 more quests, like twice as many more skills, a fuck ton of new cool armour, and fking like an 80% bigger world to explore.

As I said earlier, just jump in and explore. Start with free to play quests and train up your stats a bit. Set goals for yourself and don't get discouraged. It might be a bit boring at first, but trust me once you get the ball rolling, it gets addicting. The content gets more fun the more you level up. I remember back when I started, if I saw someone wearing some cool shit, I would get jealous and figure out how to get it for myself(either a quest or a level or a gold requirement). Rinse and repeat, simple as that. There's times where I get bored of the game and I take long breaks, but it truly is an amazing and not too complicated game. It takes more time rather than skill to get good. So if you have a lot of time to kill, I look forward to seeing you in the tangochat clan chat where you can come hang out with the rest of us losers. Feel free to ask any questions or just chat! Also, there's tons of guides just out there on the internet if you ever get lost(but to be honest figuring shit out on your own is way more fun <3 )

Offline Teebz

• Uppercase N for No.
  • Group Staff
  • Forum Addict
  • Topic Author
  • Hey, I'm Teebz! Wassah?
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/Teebz
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 92
  • Likes Given: 233

T.w2 | Teebz@HumanResourcesLover

• Total Badges: 30
    2 Year Coin Giving Thanks 2017 12 Days of Christmas 2017 Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Overruled - Rez's Badge Roasting Event 2017 Summer 2017 2500 Posts Badge Collector (20) 1 Year Coin Spammer-250 Spammer-100 12 Days of Christmas 2016 100 Poll Votes Badge Collector (15) Member of the Month 2016 Christmas 2016 Thanksgiving 2016 Badge Collector (10) 1000 Posts Spammer-50 500 Posts Halloween 2016 Badge Collector (5) Spammer-25 100 Posts Quick Poster Summer 2016 Mobile User
Re: [OSRS] Questions
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2019, 10:32:20 pm »
@Teebz A lot of the people that play the game now is for nostalgia, however it's an amazing game. There's just so much shit you can do. A huge part of the game is grinding, so if you're not into repeating the same thing over and over again for countless hours, then it might not be the game for you, but there's also quests, bosses, a great community, and tons of time-consuming goals to work towards. I have over 4000 hours logged on to my account and I'm still not even close to finished. I think for me the best part of the game is the social aspect. You could literally just be strolling around doing your own thing and meet some cool people and get to talking. It's incredibly easy to make friends and then it becomes a challenge to become better than them. I love the fact that all your achievements that you work so hard towards can be bragged about and shown off to other players.

As for paying money for membership, that is by no means necessary, but it might be worth it. When you start the game, being free2play is totally fine. You can start off by completing all the free to play quests and trying to get the best f2p armour(rune). I would only get members after you get that far. In fact, I would be happy to give you a bond(14 days of membership) if you do. Runescape has 2 options; you can pay $11 per month to be a member, or you can pay around 3.5 million gold for a bond. So if you dont want to spend time grinding for the gold, it might just be worth it to pay irl money. It's not that bad considering how much content you get as a member(over 100 more quests, like twice as many more skills, a fuck ton of new cool armour, and fking like an 80% bigger world to explore.

As I said earlier, just jump in and explore. Start with free to play quests and train up your stats a bit. Set goals for yourself and don't get discouraged. It might be a bit boring at first, but trust me once you get the ball rolling, it gets addicting. The content gets more fun the more you level up. I remember back when I started, if I saw someone wearing some cool shit, I would get jealous and figure out how to get it for myself(either a quest or a level or a gold requirement). Rinse and repeat, simple as that. There's times where I get bored of the game and I take long breaks, but it truly is an amazing and not too complicated game. It takes more time rather than skill to get good. So if you have a lot of time to kill, I look forward to seeing you in the tangochat clan chat where you can come hang out with the rest of us losers. Feel free to ask any questions or just chat! Also, there's tons of guides just out there on the internet if you ever get lost(but to be honest figuring shit out on your own is way more fun <3 )

Thanks for the detailed answer, I'll be sure to hit you up if I need anything!

(I might hit you up with that bond offer if I hit rune armor within the next month or two hehe)
oh i also recruited some kids, one of them is now a shit manager
Quote from: Shadox
I wasn't technically supposed to slap him but i did because my friend and i were doing a truth or dare and i'm not a pussy, so i did it.
T.w² | Teebz: I would just like to know what a tango is
T.w² | balon@tangoservers.net: uh
T.w² | balon@tangoservers.net: a sick dance
T.w² | Teebz: U wanna sickly dance with me dad? ;)

G2A Sponsor Image
DigitalOcean
Sinus Bot
AllTrapNation.com
OVH Networks
G2A Sponsor Image
DigitalOcean
Sinus Bot
AllTrapNation.com
OVH Networks