Welcome to TangoWorldWide!
You are a Guest, which means you cannot use
all possible features on this forum.
Sign in or Register, to enjoy full functionality. It'll only take 2 seconds!
564 Players in 16 Servers

Author Topic: Clarify/Edit 'Community Advisors.'  (Read 96 times)

Offline oyob

• Gone for a bit.
  • Assistant Group Manager
  • Forum Addict
  • Topic Author
  • Communication is key. Away for a week or so.
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 162
  • Likes Given: 293

tw oyob

• Total Badges: 24
    Badges: (View All)
    .cL of the Month 2500 Posts 2 Year Coin Badge Collector (20) Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Summer 2017 1 Year Coin Badge Collector (15) Brainstorm 100 Poll Votes 12 Days of Christmas 2016 Invisible Badge Collector (10) Gstad's Squad 1000 Posts 500 Posts Christmas 2016 Badge Collector (5) Spammer-25 100 Posts Quick Poster Halloween 2016 Mobile User
Clarify/Edit 'Community Advisors.'
« on: February 12, 2019, 12:28:01 am »
1. Describe the Suggestion: Split Community Advisor rank into two ranks, or downsize it, or just reword the description.
The Community Advisors are intended to be the voice of TangoWorldWide's staff, by informing the community of all official changes. Specifically, the Community Advisors are in charge of, but not limited to; roster changes, membership acceptance or denial notices, community improvements, change-logs, and other critical announcements. They typically coordinate the Applications, Promotions, and Demotions portion of the meeting, and ensure all staff are voicing their opinions to make the final decision on changes. They work closely with the entire Executive Board.
  • Public - roster changes, membership application statuses, community improvements, change-logs, critical announcements.
  • Private - change-logs, Staff announcements.
However, I don't believe the position is actively handling community improvements, change-logs, or critical announcements. Community improvements and change-logs are more directly handled by Divisional Personnel, while critical announcements vary, but are typically made by Executives or whoever is specifically handling the announcement.

The last non-promos/demos Staff announcement was posted here. The preceding one was posted quite a while earlier, here. I'm not revealing the dates, as per Staff confidentiality. Regardless, they've been quite a while back. I don't see the position fulfilling the tasks prescribed by description. No announcements have been made, nor have any change-logs been posted in a long time. The position is clearly certainly not the underlined text: "the voice of TangoWorldWide's staff, by informing the community of all official changes."

No, I'm not throwing shade, just suggesting a change. Keep in mind, there may be work being done I don't see. Please enlighten me if that's the situation, I have no way of knowing. To my understanding, the description evokes a semi-PR position, and I'm just not seeing it.

I believe whatever tasks that might be related to the position that isn't being done by them can either be given to other positions who may be more suited for handling those tasks, or just have the description re-written to better fit what the position does.

2. Related link(s): https://tangoworldwide.net/roster.php
3. Possible positive impacts: Don't know; I don't understand what's going on with the new roster changes, just figured I'd toss a suggestion that makes sense in. It may allow for more opportunity within other Staff ranks. I'm not sure.
4. Possible negative impacts: Don't know; I don't understand what's going on with the new roster changes, just figured I'd toss a suggestion that makes sense in.
5. Which Division/Server will this idea affect: TangoWorldWide.
6. Tag the respective Staff member(s): (div staff, div managers, web admin, etc.): @IKEA @Gstad

Offline Alex

• Chief Operating Officer
  • Forum Addict
    • https://steamcommunity.com/id/TangoAlex/
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 119
  • Likes Given: 74

T.w² | Alex

• Total Badges: 47
    Badges: (View All)
    rich boi 5 Year Coin Lovable Invisible Summer 2018 Croc-a-dil White Knight 4 Year Coin 12 Days of Christmas 2017 Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Summer 2017 Black-Star Fly Shit Only Bacon! aPn's Award 12 Days of Christmas 2016 Gstad's Squad 3 Year Coin Owner of the Year 2016 Christmas 2016 Mobz Award Halloween 2016 Summer 2016 Drunk Award 2 Year Coin Badge Collector (20) 12 Days of Christmas Christmas 2015 2500 Posts Thanksgiving 2015 Badge Collector (15) Halloween 2015 Spammer-25 Mobile User Quick Collector (10) Badge Collector (10) Quick Poster Badge Collector (5) Gold Donor Quick Collector (5) 100 Poll Votes 100 Polls 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 1 Year Coin
Re: Clarify/Edit 'Community Advisors.'
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 01:15:21 am »
Originally, CA was split into two different ranks. This was changed to make things easier for both IKEA and Gstad, they both do a lot of work when it's needed and they swap what they do every now and then.

Change-logs are usually controlled by whoever is pushing the big updates, IKEA and Gstad are there if we ever need someone else to post and they have done this multiple times. Same goes for big public announcements.

At some point, I may rewrite their actual rank description if needed but until then I don't plan on making any changes to CA. It'll stay as one rank for both IKEA and Gstad, it's just illogical to split it.

G2A Sponsor Image
DigitalOcean
Sinus Bot
AllTrapNation.com
OVH Networks
G2A Sponsor Image
DigitalOcean
Sinus Bot
AllTrapNation.com
OVH Networks