Welcome to TangoWorldWide!
You are a Guest, which means you cannot use
all possible features on this forum.
Sign in or Register, to enjoy full functionality. It'll only take 2 seconds!
582 Players in 15 Servers

Author Topic: Hackers/ voteban system  (Read 195 times)

Offline dayze

• Registered Users
  • Forum Newbie
  • Topic Author
  • Hey, I'm new here!
    • https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198296367109/
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 0
    Badges: (View All)
Hackers/ voteban system
« on: January 12, 2019, 12:13:03 am »
Hi I have been playing the CSGO Tango awp/scout server for a while now. It has been great for the most part, but now there are some problems. Ever since the new update, there have been dozens of hackers. Everyday I see at least one in the server. Often times, there is no admin, and none come even when people type in the !calladmin function. This problem got so bad that one time when I got on there was a hacker war that lasted an hour. Also, today, a squad of hackers joined the server and started to wreak havoc on the server, so i had to leave because it wasn't fun anymore, and no admins were responding. Anyways, a voteban system would greatly fix this problem. Since sometimes admins cannot come, players can decide among themselves whether to ban a cheater, because without this system people would have to suffer with dealing with the hacker before an admin gets on, and that can take a very long time.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 12:15:30 am by dayze »

Offline CmAnT

• fortnite g0d
  • Chief Content Engineer
  • Forum Addict
  • InsideJob has good looking abs :3
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/flamez57
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 634
  • Likes Given: 1048

tw cmant

• Total Badges: 31
    3 Year Coin Invisible Gstad's Squad Summer 2018 Member of the Month 2018 Fly Shit Only Giving Thanks 2017 Ur-Banana fuck off :D 2500 Posts Badge Collector (20) Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 2 Year Coin Summer 2017 Badge Collector (15) 12 Days of Christmas 2016 100 Poll Votes 1000 Posts 1 Year Coin Badge Collector (10) Christmas 2016 Halloween 2016 500 Posts Summer 2016 Badge Collector (5) Spammer-50 Spammer-25 100 Posts Quick Poster Mobile User
Re: Hackers/ voteban system
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 01:39:47 am »
Well you said it yourself, that squad of hackers can easily abuse this vote ban and target players who aren't even doing anything and since they're a squad they might be able to get a lot of innocent players banned with this command

Good idea but could be easily abused

Offline chaa

• Closed
  • Forum Regular
  • twitch.tv/flaceau
    • https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198305571397/
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 56
  • Likes Given: 36

cha

• Total Badges: 6
    Badge Collector (5) Certified Cutie Spammer-25 100 Posts Quick Poster Mobile User
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 11:03:18 pm »
good idea, i think it would help as admins never seem to be on in AWP / Scout, so voteban system could improve it. + vouch

Offline near

• Divisional Staff
  • Forum Regular
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/near3/
    • https://www.twitch.tv/near3___
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 6
  • Likes Given: 4

tw ⁿᵉᵃʳ м

• Total Badges: 9
    100 Posts 2 Year Coin 1 Year Coin Badge Collector (5) Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Summer 2017 Quick Poster Mobile User
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 11:22:06 pm »
This idea has already been brought up, it was decided that it can be easily abused.  If you ever need an admin to get on right away just add me here (https://steamcommunity.com/id/near3/) and send me a message when you need me. 
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 11:24:10 pm by near3 »
To be fair you have to have a very high IQ to understand the concept of being Rick Rolled. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. The amount of skill needed to comprehend the lines “I’m never gonna give you up” is unexplainable. Only a true Rick Roll fan understands the rush of being Rick Rolled. It is often said that many heroin addicts have been cured by the Rick Roll due to the rush being 9000 times greater. However without a positive outlook on life and a high IQ, the average person is not able to wrap their head around the possibilities that being Rick Rolled provides. For example, the dance that Rick does when the lines “I’m never gonna give you up” are being sung have exceeded many people’s expectations through time. The snap of the fingers on both hands that are incredibly coordinated by Rick takes pure skill and determination that not just anyone can do. If people truly understood the power of the Rick Roll, true peace can undoubtedly be achieved in this cruel and cold world. However if everyone does understand it, we must be responsible with what we are entrusted with! I truly believe that this is possible and that mankind will take a much needed turn towards the path of peace. But once this path is turned upon we must be responsible with this power. With great power comes great responsibility!

Online doc

• I'm a doctor
  • Basic Member
  • Forum Addict
  • Rest In Peace Dream
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/DocVontGomery
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 109
  • Likes Given: 91

T.w² | doc тғ

• Total Badges: 12
    1000 Posts Badge Collector (10) Certified Cutie .cL of the Month 100 Poll Votes Ur-Banana Badge Collector (5) 500 Posts Spammer-25 100 Posts Quick Poster Mobile User
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2019, 05:12:08 pm »
-devouch just like near said, it could be easily abused.
+vouch

bad at skribbl.io
no u

I cant tell to either cringe or kill myself from this.
Well it wasn't the desk that was causing it, I just have a really loud family xd

i jusy baught a new family no more desk backround noise
sometimes on a freeday i do /drug but its not every time.
gamer

does

it

really

bother

you

that

much
Why are you even tagging me you mentally retarded child. Fuck off.
banned for trying to fuck chelsea

Current Positions:
Basic Member
Community Leader
Mapper

Offline SouthWind66 ™

• 𝓲𝓷𝓼𝓹𝓮𝓻𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓵 𝓺𝓾𝓸𝓽𝓮
  • Staff Director
  • Forum Addict
    • https://steamcommunity.com/id/southwind66
    • None...i think
    • None...i think
    • None...i think
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 152
  • Likes Given: 393

T.w² | SouthWind66 м

• Total Badges: 19
    Lovable 2 Year Coin 1000 Posts Badge Collector (15) 100 Poll Votes Spammer-25 500 Posts Ur-Banana Badge Collector (10) Invisible Quick Poster Summer 2018 100 Posts Badge Collector (5) 1 Year Coin Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Summer 2017 Mobile User
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2019, 05:24:35 pm »
-devouch Overall yes it would be abused, however I do enjoy seeing that players wish to help get rid of hackers in some way!

A great way to help is to apply for admin yourself! If you've been active on AWP/ Scout, and you see these cheaters on, then it'd be really nice to have someone like you apply for admin (after being accepted as a member of course). If we look at servers like Tango's Jailbreak, hackers aren't talked about to often since they get banned extremely fast after being detected by an admin (JB has a lot of active admins compared to AWP/Scout). With AWP/ Scout, there are a grand total of 6 admins (this doesn't include players who have global admin perms, rather SA's and Div Staff). Getting more people who understand the rules and can detect these cheaters with ease should be the first step! If you and your friends who constantly see cheaters on the server wish to help, then applying for an SA spot would be perfect!

Here's the link to apply for SA if you ever decide to become a member and wish to help out! https://tangoworldwide.net/index.php?board=611.0

Having players vote to ban someone would be heavily abused, and would definitely not work in the long run.

Dream we will miss you more than you know. I don't think you know how much joy you brought to this community, and how your energy alone inspired us all. You were my mentor, friend, and someone I will always look up to. <3 Rest easy my friend <3
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Urbaena

• Chief Technical Officer
  • Forum Addict
  • fine, great
    • https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198050773766/
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 363
  • Likes Given: 161

T.w² | Urbana

• Total Badges: 41
    Lovable 3 Year Coin Summer 2018 Drunk Award Verified Coby Wizowd Conner's Badge of Prestige Member of the Month 2018 Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Overruled - Rez's Badge 2 Year Coin Summer 2017 Staff of the Month 2017 Hurricane Harvey Donor Gstad's Squad Ur-Banana Fly Shit Only beatstar Award 12 Days of Christmas 2016 Badge Collector (20) 2500 Posts Member of the Year 2016 1 Year Coin Christmas 2016 Badge Collector (15) 100 Poll Votes Thanksgiving 2016 Halloween 2016 Summer 2016 Badge Collector (10) Invisible 1000 Posts Spammer-100 Spammer-50 Badge Collector (5) 500 Posts Spammer-25 100 Posts Quick Poster Mobile User
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2019, 10:51:55 pm »
Vote bans aren't being added for reasons stated above. A form of this will come when VIP becomes a thing (for VIPs only).

Denied.

G2A Sponsor Image
DigitalOcean
Sinus Bot
AllTrapNation.com
OVH Networks
G2A Sponsor Image
DigitalOcean
Sinus Bot
AllTrapNation.com
OVH Networks