Welcome to TangoWorldWide!
You are a Guest, which means you cannot use
all possible features on this forum.
Sign in or Register, to enjoy full functionality. It'll only take 2 seconds!
600 Players in 20 Servers

Poll

Change the time before we can play the same map?

Yes (Vouch)
8 (36.4%)
No (Devouch)
8 (36.4%)
I don't care (Neutral)
6 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: [Jailbreak Poll] Increase time before a map can be played again  (Read 190 times)

Offline Fiffy

• Loveable Fuckup
  • Forum Addict
  • Topic Author
  • Professional Dumbass
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/BongoCatLeddy
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-AOBhiWAwhVuLi6dS2TXZQ
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 352
  • Likes Given: 1286

T.w² | Ledwig тғ // DND

• Total Badges: 23
    Badges: (View All)
    Ur-Banana Summer 2018 Badge Collector (20) 2500 Posts 2 Year Coin Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Badge Collector (15) Overruled - Rez's Badge 100 Poll Votes Mobile User Summer 2017 Badge Collector (10) 1000 Posts 500 Posts Spammer-25 100 Posts Badge Collector (5) Quick Poster 1 Year Coin Christmas 2016 Halloween 2016 Summer 2016
[Jailbreak Poll] Increase time before a map can be played again
« on: January 11, 2019, 05:15:39 pm »
1. Describe the Suggestion: I've suggested it before, and it's begun to be brought up again so I'll suggest it again, change the amount of time before we can play a map to be higher, we were averaging 30+ players every day and now suddenly that number is falling down right as we go back into the habit of playing the same 5-6 maps again. Players are leaving when we're playing Undertale, Obama, etc. for the 3rd time in the day.

I was asked to create a poll so we could get the community's opinion, if you'd like to leave a more in-depth vouch or devouch you can do it below as always.
2. Related link(s): N/A
3. Possible positive impacts: Provides more of an experience for players and encourages them to stay on longer. Providing a better experience is why players have been sticking recently, so it'd be good to keep that going up
4. Possible negative impacts: People don't get to play their favorite map for another hour or two.
5. Which Division/Server will this idea affect: CSGO/Jailbreak
6. Tag the respective Staff member(s): (div staff, div managers, web admin, etc.): @Freddy ♡ @Wumbear @Damien
The Universe is chaos, and chaos plays favorites.

Offline isaiahp

• My schtummy hurt
  • Forum Regular
  • Hey guys its ur boy uhhhhhh skinny penis
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/isaiahp71/
    • twitch.tv/ninja
    • youtube.com/ninja
    • twitter.com/ninja
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 52
  • Likes Given: 201

tw isaiah

• Total Badges: 7
    100 Posts Badge Collector (5) 1 Year Coin Quick Poster Mobile User Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017
Re: [Jailbreak Poll] Increase time before a map can be played again
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 05:19:51 pm »
its not like people arent voting for those maps....

the server population is going down because of school, these are the same jailbreak maps that were played all of break too

Offline Fiffy

• Loveable Fuckup
  • Forum Addict
  • Topic Author
  • Professional Dumbass
    • View Profile

T.w² | Ledwig тғ // DND

Ur-Banana Summer 2018 Badge Collector (20) 2500 Posts 2 Year Coin Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Badge Collector (15) Overruled - Rez's Badge 100 Poll Votes Mobile User Summer 2017 Badge Collector (10) 1000 Posts 500 Posts Spammer-25 100 Posts Badge Collector (5) Quick Poster 1 Year Coin Christmas 2016 Halloween 2016 Summer 2016
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 05:22:40 pm »
its not like people arent voting for those maps....

the server population is going down because of school, these are the same jailbreak maps that were played all of break too
Except I'm seeing people specifically complain about it and be bored with playing the same shit all day?

It appeals to some but we're losing population because it is stale and overplayed, it won't kill those who like the maps played alot to wait another couple hours to play it'll still be played 3 times in a day or something.

To those of us who don't want to play obama or VIP all day it's refreshing.

Offline Ryry

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 08:26:07 pm »
You do realize the population is going down due to school, during our winter break we were doing the same maps because we enjoy them.  The server was always populated and was a lot of fun.  People pick the same maps time to time because they and many others enjoy the maps as well.

You're trying to correlate a decrease in population due to the "same maps" being played to fit some weird agenda you have.  Sure maybe 1 or 2 people have complained but the popular vote wins with these.  Theres nothing wrong in my opinion with playing these maps from time to time.  Maps such as Obama, Undertale, Summer Jail, Clouds, Avalanche, and Peanut.  Those maps are often played because people enjoy playing on them. 

Decrease in population is due to school coming back, has nothing to do with maps, as seen during winter break. 

-Devouch

Offline Teebz

• Uppercase N for No.
  • Forum Addict
  • Hey, I'm Teebz! Wassah?
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/Teebz
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 91
  • Likes Given: 223

T.w2 | Teebz

• Total Badges: 30
    2 Year Coin Giving Thanks 2017 12 Days of Christmas 2017 Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Overruled - Rez's Badge Roasting Event 2017 Summer 2017 2500 Posts Badge Collector (20) 1 Year Coin Spammer-250 Spammer-100 12 Days of Christmas 2016 100 Poll Votes Badge Collector (15) Member of the Month 2016 Christmas 2016 Thanksgiving 2016 Badge Collector (10) 1000 Posts Spammer-50 500 Posts Halloween 2016 Badge Collector (5) Spammer-25 100 Posts Quick Poster Summer 2016 Mobile User
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 08:55:05 pm »
Personally, I'd enjoy jailbreak more if we had a wider diversity of maps. There's been various times when me or another person said "wow they're playing obama/vip lmao I'm not getting on for this cancer shit", so even though this is just a personal opinion, I'd love jailbreak with more map diversity.

edit: not supporting or denying the supposed corellation between map differences and pop, just stating my personal opinion which may or may not benefit the server xd
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 10:09:19 pm by Teebz »
oh i also recruited some kids, one of them is now a shit manager
Quote from: Shadox
I wasn't technically supposed to slap him but i did because my friend and i were doing a truth or dare and i'm not a pussy, so i did it.
T.w² | Teebz: I would just like to know what a tango is
T.w² | balon@tangoservers.net: uh
T.w² | balon@tangoservers.net: a sick dance
T.w² | Teebz: U wanna sickly dance with me dad? ;)

Offline Urbana

• Chief Technical Officer
  • Forum Addict
  • fine, great
    • https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198050773766/
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 312
  • Likes Given: 141

T.w² | Urbana

• Total Badges: 40
    3 Year Coin Summer 2018 Drunk Award Verified Coby Wizowd Conner's Badge of Prestige Member of the Month 2018 Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Overruled - Rez's Badge 2 Year Coin Summer 2017 Staff of the Month 2017 Hurricane Harvey Donor Gstad's Squad Ur-Banana Fly Shit Only beatstar Award 12 Days of Christmas 2016 Badge Collector (20) 2500 Posts Member of the Year 2016 1 Year Coin Christmas 2016 Badge Collector (15) 100 Poll Votes Thanksgiving 2016 Halloween 2016 Summer 2016 Badge Collector (10) Invisible 1000 Posts Spammer-100 Spammer-50 Badge Collector (5) 500 Posts Spammer-25 100 Posts Quick Poster Mobile User
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 09:04:01 pm »
People vote maps they want to play that is why a vote comes up. If a majority of the people want to play a map then why should we try and stop them from doing so?

We also see spikes of plays every winter break, everyone in high school has gone back to school thus the rank drops, happens every single year. I personally don't think this is needed.

Devouch.

Online sTunned_

• Group Manager
  • Forum Starter
  • BIG CHILLIN
    • https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198325185362/
    • https://www.twitch.tv/stunnedd_
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 5
  • Likes Given: 3

T.w² | sTunned_

• Total Badges: 2
    Quick Poster Mobile User
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 09:10:31 pm »
I see your point, but from my limited time playing, these maps get played because people like them, it’s going to be a neutral from me, as I can see where you’re coming from. The fall in population is definitely due in part to the fact that school for %90 of people has started once again.
ℝ𝕠𝕫ℝ𝕠𝕔𝕜𝕤 𝕚𝕤 #𝟙 𝕔𝕃 𝕞𝕖𝕞𝕓𝕖𝕣

Offline Fiffy

• Loveable Fuckup
  • Forum Addict
  • Topic Author
  • Professional Dumbass
    • View Profile

T.w² | Ledwig тғ // DND

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2019, 09:33:10 pm »
I want to say this, I know that this was posted right as school starts up again and that is an inconvinence to this post. I had no real passion for JB or really getting it's voice out until recently, and I'm seeing this issue crop up recently again so I bring it back up.

Yes, we're losing players because of Winter Break, I understand that, but going from 30+ to under 20 players after a map change is not okay. I'm seeing groups of people (Notably the people who've generally played for a long time and those who're keeping others interested in the fun side of Jailbreak) leaving and them leaving causes more to leave, getting us right back to the shitty experience we were tied down with before.

A large part of the success we had this Winter Break was because Jailbreak was actually fun. The players were playing and we were having fun with the gamemode as players, and with the server itself as people. We're playing the same maps over and over to the point some of those same players who were staying on and helping us reach as far as we did are getting off of the server. I've discussed it with several members myself and they can agree that it gets repetitive or toxic when we do the same stuff over and over. This is an issue less about the players leaving, and moreso about the impact that overplaying the maps is having on the server which is clearly negative.

The Hardcore Jailbreak players, the ones voting these ones in, are still going to play on Jailbreak regardless of the map and time of year, but for the more casual players or players with less time they are far less willing to play the same stuff over and over. Over half of the time spent on the server is played on 5 maps, that is not okay. It is not like we have a shitty map-pool either, we have 10+ amazing Jailbreak maps and Damien is bringing more to the table soon.

This isn't going to drive away hardcore players and it will cause players that are irritated by the map pool being so stale to have a breathe of fresh air. We don't depopulate insanely whenever we play something like minecraft_hb or tropico or maps like that because they are good maps, we're just overplaying the same maps  we currently have and it could be expanded upon and done better.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 09:34:12 pm by Fiffy »

Offline Tinygreendino

• Quarth The TizFlint
  • Rookie Member
  • Forum Starter
  • Hey there wanna get in my van?
    • http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198344044433/
    • https://www.twitch.tv/QuicklySpice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 8
  • Likes Given: 22

T.w² | TinyGreenDino

• Total Badges: 7
    Quick Poster Badge Collector (5) 1 Year Coin Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Summer 2017 Mobile User
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2019, 09:43:28 pm »
I hope you can get the word out with this Poll and more comments that you put down.
You truly are a voice of Tango jailbreak trying to make Jailbreak even better and getting more players coming to our server and i support your opinion because of this.
+vouch

I Donated $50 so far!
I also sold my soul to the Devil and i regret it...

Favorite Songs Below

Online veni

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2019, 09:45:46 pm »
I don't care what happens I will be okay with wtv happens
@ama

It is with great pleasure that I announce that your application to be @veni's e-girl has been Accepted. Over the next 24-72 hours you should receive your full relationship status.

Best Regards,
Isaiah
Tango Relationship Manager

Offline Bobby

• Network Administrator
  • Forum Addict
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/stefantango/
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1017
  • Likes Given: 250

tw bobby

• Total Badges: 33
    2 Year Coin Summer 2018 Member of the Month 2018 Comedy Gold 2500 Posts 12 Days of Christmas 2017 Overruled - Rez's Badge Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Roasting Event 2017 Drunk Award 1 Year Coin Badge Collector (20) Summer 2017 Brainstorm Fly Shit Only Coby Wizowd Badge Collector (15) 100 Poll Votes 12 Days of Christmas 2016 1000 Posts Gstad's Squad Badge Collector (10) Bronze Donor Invisible 500 Posts Spammer-50 Spammer-25 Badge Collector (5) Christmas 2016 100 Posts Mobile User Quick Poster
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2019, 10:02:25 pm »
People vote maps they want to play that is why a vote comes up. If a majority of the people want to play a map then why should we try and stop them from doing so?

We also see spikes of plays every winter break, everyone in high school has gone back to school thus the rank drops, happens every single year. I personally don't think this is needed.

Devouch.
Urbana said it best
You are probably the worst supervisory member on the roster
You are probably the best supervisory member on the roster

Offline Freddy ♡

• Divisional Staff
  • Forum Junkie
  • Nooperton has big gay pls gtfoh
    • http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198300159477/
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 100
  • Likes Given: 305

T.w² тғ Fred The Gaeмer

• Total Badges: 13
    500 Posts Spammer-25 Badge Collector (10) 100 Poll Votes Summer 2018 Quick Poster 1 Year Coin Badge Collector (5) 100 Posts Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Summer 2017 Mobile User
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2019, 04:34:42 pm »
I like it

Have some self control.
Listen here bud you are getting a devouch BECAUSE  you are simply not ready for it SA is not a joke and you do not have  a positive outlook from the jailbreak community AND honestly YOU ARE IMMATURE , YOU ARE INACTIVE , AND YOU BRING A TOXIC ENERGY TO THIS COMMUNITY , YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO ACT IN HIGH PRESSURE SITUATIONS YOU ARE NOT READY FOR THIS JOB , YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO BE A TANGO WORLDWIDE JAILBREAK ADMIN AND UNTIL YOU YOU REALIZE THAT THIS IS NOT JUST A TITLE YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE ADMIN ,YOU MUST... NO YOU HAVE TO REALIZE ONCE YOU ARE AN ADMIN THE PEOPLE LOOK UP TO YOU NOT ONLY THAT THEY LOOK TO YOU FOR GUIDANCE FOR INSTRUCTION TO SEE YOU AS A PEACEMAKER A PUBLIC FIGURE WHO IS READY TO DO THE RIGHT THING AT ALL TIMES YOU ARE NOT READY FOR THIS UNTIL YOU COME TO TERMS WITH THIS DO NOT APPLY DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR

Jailbreak- Divisional Staff
Jailbreak-Mentorship
Former Positions
Community Leadership Group Staff

Offline Beezwax99

• Veteran Member
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 23
  • Likes Given: 3

T.w² | Beezwax99

• Total Badges: 27
    3 Year Coin Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Summer 2017 2500 Posts 2 Year Coin Badge Collector (20) 12 Days of Christmas 2016 Christmas 2016 Halloween 2016 Staff of the Month 2016 Badge Collector (15) Summer 2016 100 Poll Votes 1 Year Coin 1000 Posts Badge Collector (10) Spammer-50 500 Posts Spammer-25 Quick Poster Badge Collector (5) 100 Posts Christmas 2015 Thanksgiving 2015 Mobile User Halloween 2015
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2019, 04:51:51 pm »
i dont play jb as much anymore but i can agree with this. as soon as an opportunity rises, the map WILL be one of the more played ones like clouds, avalanche, vip, obama, peanut etc.

i LiKe It.

Offline Tacky

• Basic Member
  • Forum Junkie
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnni3wXkQj5I1jSPytWA-JA
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 84
  • Likes Given: 31

tw retired pussy slayer

• Total Badges: 27
    Spammer-250 Spammer-100 Spammer-50 500 Posts 100 Poll Votes 2 Year Coin Badge Collector (20) Giving Thanks 2017 12 Days of Christmas 2017 Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Badge Collector (15) Summer 2017 Gstad's Squad 1 Year Coin aPn's Award Badge Collector (10) 100 Posts I Triggered LemonFridge Spammer-25 Badge Collector (5) Silver Donor Bronze Donor Quick Poster Christmas 2016 Halloween 2016 Mobile User
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2019, 06:15:27 pm »
so let us say this was changed and we get put on a dumbass map those three people that are complaining will MAYBE stay the people who like the 6-10 maps we play a lot of will fucking leave and once the server gets low people leave because everyone else leaves.
Why please the minorities to piss off the majority?

Also, Server depop maybe has 4% to do with maps. It is mostly school, tired of JB, and not liking the people/admins who are playing currently.
Dream is cute owo

Offline Fiffy

• Loveable Fuckup
  • Forum Addict
  • Topic Author
  • Professional Dumbass
    • View Profile

T.w² | Ledwig тғ // DND

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2019, 06:58:58 pm »
so let us say this was changed and we get put on a dumbass map those three people that are complaining will MAYBE stay the people who like the 6-10 maps we play a lot of will fucking leave and once the server gets low people leave because everyone else leaves.
Why please the minorities to piss off the majority?

Also, Server depop maybe has 4% to do with maps. It is mostly school, tired of JB, and not liking the people/admins who are playing currently.
So occasionally  we get  a map like say, tropico, dojo, or potato, or things like that, we're not losing a large chunk of the population switching over. That is a pretty blatant falsficication

We are losing players from overplaying maps, the same cannot be said about playing the other maps unless we vote in something like Soar.

G2A Sponsor Image
DigitalOcean
Sinus Bot
AllTrapNation.com
OVH Networks
G2A Sponsor Image
DigitalOcean
Sinus Bot
AllTrapNation.com
OVH Networks