Welcome to TangoWorldWide!
You are a Guest, which means you cannot use
all possible features on this forum.
Sign in or Register, to enjoy full functionality. It'll only take 2 seconds!
439 Players in 24 Servers

Author Topic: Introducing the Community Asylum Policy  (Read 1314 times)

Offline balon

• Chief Executive Officer
  • 5k Poster
  • Topic Author
  • Money talks, Bullshit walks
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/balon21
    • http://www.twitch.tv/balonfx
    • https://twitter.com/TangoWorldWide
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 910
  • Likes Given: 187

T.w² | balon

In-Game FiveM ????

• Total Badges: 41
    Badges: (View All)
    Croc-a-dil 4 Year Coin 12 Days of Christmas 2017 Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Roasting Event 2017 Summer 2017 Gstad's Squad Blackhat Fly Shit Only 3 Year Coin Christmas 2016 5000 Posts Thanksgiving 2016 Mobz Award Halloween 2016 The Rich Bitch Summer 2016 Drunk Award 12 Days of Christmas Badge Collector (20) 2 Year Coin aPn's Award Christmas 2015 Spammer-25 Badge Collector (15) Thanksgiving 2015 Halloween 2015 Quick Collector (10) Badge Collector (10) Invisible Quick Poster Mobile User Quick Collector (5) 100 Poll Votes Badge Collector (5) 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 1 Year Coin
Introducing the Community Asylum Policy
« on: May 12, 2018, 05:36:53 pm »
During the last few years of TangoWorldWide, we have seen hundreds to thousands of members come and go, commonly members who were of previous communities. One of the biggest things which these new members mentioned to our staff is they hate having to start at the bottom! You built a reputation in another community, you put in tons of effort moving upwards, and then you have to go somewhere else where you lose all of that reputation and progress. Community Asylum is built to combat this issue.

Back when xTcR fell and we gained quite a few new members, like Lolz (current Executive), quite a few members came over but it was far from a complete 'merge'. With Community Asylum, we've also provided a migration from disbanded communities, as it was in this case.

Overall, Community Asylum is a tool for members to be able to participate in TangoWorldWide and immediately have a chance if they were a prospect or distinguished member of another organization. This is a tool to benefit the members, and will not be used or allowed to be used as a method of poaching. You must not be apart of another community while using the Community Asylum policy.

Policy:
Community Asylum
In TangoWorldWide's view, players from other organizations or communities who are not enjoying their stay, are unjustly removed/banned, or their community no longer exists shouldn't have to start from the ground floor. Community Asylum offers 'asylum' to the TangoWorldWide network where a user may receive similar ranks, benefits, perks, or even purchases. These players have an opportunity for a chance to use the Community Asylum policy.

A. To be eligible for Community Asylum, you must have been a member of another organization within the previous 12 months of applying to TangoWorldWide, and be able to provide proof of membership.

B. Upon applying to TangoWorldWide, you may reach out to an Executive member by forum PM, found on our Official Roster titled "Community Asylum Inquiry". This will begin the process of validating your membership and deciding whether or not you should be able to utilize this policy. You can PM an executive member right after posting your application, you do NOT need to wait until you are accepted. (We suggest PMing the CEO and COO).

C. You cannot be an active member of another organization to use Community Asylum (i.e. You cannot be staying in group "Alex's Community!" trying to gain membership of TangoWorldWide to move over). You must have fully left your previous organization. This is not a tool for poaching members, we are simply offering an alternative as many users come to TangoWorldWide from other communities and absolutely dislike having to start as Novice Recruit.

D. If you are deemed eligible to use Community Asylum, you will receive similar benefits as the other community in question. These benefits can include:
  • An equivalent roster ranking (Note: All staff start at 'Probationary' before being moved to another rank!)
  • Similar groups (such as Designer, Developer, or Mapper)
  • Donation perks (if you have donated for Admin, Credits, etc you may receive similar benefits here at no cost or a reduced rate)
E. In the case of a shut down or abandoned community, an individual may work with our Executives to allow other members to migrate with you, thus you being the driving force, and be automatically eligible for a staff position. (Please note if your community still exists, you cannot do this as we will consider this poaching).

F. A player who is confirmed allowed to use the Community Asylum policy will have an Executive post on their application, therein marking you for automatic acceptance and review for additional benefits.

I am very excited to release this today. We've drafted this quite a few times and it was mentioned months ago we would add this when the new CoCPE was starting to be built. We worked hard to ensure that this policy is well though-out. Now that my semester has ended (two days ago), you will continue to see an influx of updates to our policies moving forward!

You can track our progress on our gitlab.
The major changes today can be found here: https://git.tangoworldwide.net/balon/cocpe/commit/a2e7939b610fe8debaff14c68c34081c23171bb1
The entire repo can be found here: https://git.tangoworldwide.net/balon/cocpe
Finally, you can view the new page here: https://tangoworldwide.net/cocpe2.php
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 05:37:41 pm by balon »

Offline Doxially

• Reformed?
  • Novice Recruit
  • Forum Regular
  • Depression is a disease
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/32BitJava/
    • View Profile
  • TangoPoints: 6
  • Liked: 28
  • Likes Given: 27

T.w² Doxially

• Total Badges: 8
    100 Posts Quick Poster Badge Collector (5) 1 Year Coin Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Summer 2017 Mobile User
Re: Community Asylum Policy
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 05:37:38 pm »
This is a great idea Balon!

My favorite memory, was when this one girl joined tango. for the like fifth time. She started so much drama. I'm pretty sure her camera roll was like faulty pipe, because that shit leaked so much stuff. But then she departs from tango. :( THEN SHE CAME BACK.

Offline S.

• living in my feels
  • Internal Affairs Manager
  • 5k Poster
  • I play Tango for the community
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/surframp/
    • View Profile
  • TangoPoints: 2
  • Liked: 1238
  • Likes Given: 2

t.w² | sdot

• Total Badges: 35
    I Triggered LemonFridge 2 Year Coin Fly Shit Only Red Star Giving Thanks 2017 Invisible 12 Days of Christmas 2017 TangoGift 5000 Posts Spammer-100 Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Poster of the Month 2017 2500 Posts Badge Collector (20) beatstar Award Summer 2017 Gstad's Squad Ur-Banana Badge Collector (15) 100 Poll Votes 1000 Posts Spammer-50 Spammer-25 Badge Collector (10) 1 Year Coin 500 Posts 100 Posts Admin of the Month 2017 Badge Collector (5) Mobile User Christmas 2016 Halloween 2016 Summer 2016 Quick Poster
Re: Introducing the Community Asylum Policy
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2018, 05:42:26 pm »
Interesting. I'm curious as to how this'll play out in the future, and what effect it'll truly have on the community.
(✿◠‿◠)
Single most dedicated staff member I've ever seen +vouch

=((

Offline Sad Butter

• Group Staff
  • Forum Regular
  • Yo boi sad
    • http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198147886835/
    • View Profile
  • TangoPoints: 16
  • Liked: 14
  • Likes Given: 26

T.w² | Butter .cL м

• Total Badges: 4
    Coby Wizowd 100 Posts Mobile User Quick Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2018, 05:43:48 pm »
Loving the idea

Offline Cyruss

• Rookie Member
  • Forum Regular
    • https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198803830786/
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 63
  • Likes Given: 15

WUMBEAR ABUSES | tw cyrus

• Total Badges: 3
    100 Posts Quick Poster Mobile User
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2018, 05:44:11 pm »
Seems pretty nice and I am for it. I do want to see if this has a good impact or not.
If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.

Offline Salty

• https://saltypropane.tumblr.com/
  • Divisional Manager
  • Forum Addict
  • Too many snakes in the grass so I stay by the sand
    • http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198197599058/
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 234
  • Likes Given: 239

tw Svlty

• Total Badges: 25
    Coby Wizowd 12 Days of Christmas 2017 Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Badge Collector (20) 2 Year Coin Fly Shit Only Summer 2017 Ur-Banana Badge Collector (15) 100 Poll Votes 1000 Posts Christmas 2016 1 Year Coin Badge Collector (10) Thanksgiving 2016 Halloween 2016 Summer 2016 500 Posts Badge Collector (5) Spammer-25 100 Posts Quick Poster Christmas 2015 Mobile User
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2018, 06:52:43 pm »
I’m not for it. What I’m getting from this is that if you’re in one community with a specific rank you can come to our community after certain prerequisites and obtain a rank similar to what you had in another community. This completely ruins the whole “grind” of trying to get a position. It took me two years to get to where I’m at.  If this was a thing back then, then I would join another community and quite literally donate for a higher rank. You can do this on sng to buy admin and that pretty much gaurentees a spot higher up.

On top of that if a person from another community that is higher up and they come to ours and they get a staff position such as probationary then that’s just not right.. we have people working hard as hell to get into staff. Why would I want a merge in when I’m working hard to get in staff.. I’d feel discouraged.

Offline cobyYOLO2001

• coby worldwide
  • Network Administrator
  • Forum Addict
  • hi bros its coby here .
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/stefantango/
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 856
  • Likes Given: 213

T.w² | cobyYOLO2001

• Total Badges: 31
    Member of the Month 2018 Comedy Gold 2500 Posts 12 Days of Christmas 2017 Overruled - Rez's Badge Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Roasting Event 2017 Drunk Award 1 Year Coin Badge Collector (20) Summer 2017 Brainstorm Fly Shit Only Coby Wizowd Badge Collector (15) 100 Poll Votes 12 Days of Christmas 2016 1000 Posts Gstad's Squad Badge Collector (10) Bronze Donor Invisible 500 Posts Spammer-50 Spammer-25 Badge Collector (5) Christmas 2016 100 Posts Mobile User Quick Poster
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2018, 06:55:27 pm »
I’m not for it. What I’m getting from this is that if you’re in one community with a specific rank you can come to our community after certain prerequisites and obtain a rank similar to what you had in another community. This completely ruins the whole “grind” of trying to get a position. It took me two years to get to where I’m at.  If this was a thing back then, then I would join another community and quite literally donate for a higher rank. You can do this on sng to buy admin and that pretty much gaurentees a spot higher up.

On top of that if a person from another community that is higher up and they come to ours and they get a staff position such as probationary then that’s just not right.. we have people working hard as hell to get into staff. Why would I want a merge in when I’m working hard to get in staff.. I’d feel discouraged.
We've got people who stand out and are immediately pushed through the ranks; we've got people who are simply not ready for staff but are working towards it. If a senior developer from another community comes in and wants to work with us, I see no problem in that. Positions should go to people who are most qualified.

Offline Salty

• Divisional Manager
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile

tw Svlty

Coby Wizowd 12 Days of Christmas 2017 Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Badge Collector (20) 2 Year Coin Fly Shit Only Summer 2017 Ur-Banana Badge Collector (15) 100 Poll Votes 1000 Posts Christmas 2016 1 Year Coin Badge Collector (10) Thanksgiving 2016 Halloween 2016 Summer 2016 500 Posts Badge Collector (5) Spammer-25 100 Posts Quick Poster Christmas 2015 Mobile User
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2018, 06:58:13 pm »

We've got people who stand out and are immediately pushed through the ranks; we've got people who are simply not ready for staff but are working towards it. If a senior developer from another community comes in and wants to work with us, I see no problem in that. Positions should go to people who are most qualified.

Well yes obviously if they’re a dev or one of those three positions sure. They can come in and work with us. Also yes their are people who stand out and work their way up the ranks such as Lolz. This still doesn’t warrant giving a free position to someone who barely even has an application open. On top of that how would you know someone is qualified based from an application(excluding the dev and the other 2).
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 07:00:19 pm by Salty »

Offline balon

• Chief Executive Officer
  • 5k Poster
  • Topic Author
  • Money talks, Bullshit walks
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/balon21
    • http://www.twitch.tv/balonfx
    • https://twitter.com/TangoWorldWide
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 910
  • Likes Given: 187

T.w² | balon

In-Game FiveM ????

• Total Badges: 41
    Croc-a-dil 4 Year Coin 12 Days of Christmas 2017 Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Roasting Event 2017 Summer 2017 Gstad's Squad Blackhat Fly Shit Only 3 Year Coin Christmas 2016 5000 Posts Thanksgiving 2016 Mobz Award Halloween 2016 The Rich Bitch Summer 2016 Drunk Award 12 Days of Christmas Badge Collector (20) 2 Year Coin aPn's Award Christmas 2015 Spammer-25 Badge Collector (15) Thanksgiving 2015 Halloween 2015 Quick Collector (10) Badge Collector (10) Invisible Quick Poster Mobile User Quick Collector (5) 100 Poll Votes Badge Collector (5) 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 1 Year Coin
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2018, 07:01:40 pm »

The points you bring up is exactly why we are going to review each person wanting to do this. It's not a sure thing. If you have bought your way up in another community, it wouldn't happen here.

Offline Salty

• Divisional Manager
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile

tw Svlty

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2018, 07:09:08 pm »

The points you bring up is exactly why we are going to review each person wanting to do this. It's not a sure thing. If you have bought your way up in another community, it wouldn't happen here.

Ah I see. Thanks for the clarification.

Offline SHAB

• Surf - Div.
  • Divisional Staff
  • Forum Junkie
  • Pant's are Optional - SiL3nT
    • View Profile
  • TangoPoints: 1
  • Liked: 13
  • Likes Given: 35

T.w² | SHAB

• Total Badges: 17
    2 Year Coin Badge Collector (15) Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Summer 2017 1 Year Coin Badge Collector (10) 12 Days of Christmas 2016 Christmas 2016 Mobile User 500 Posts Badge Collector (5) Halloween 2016 Spammer-25 Quick Poster Summer 2016 100 Posts
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2018, 07:58:50 pm »

Can I buy my way to Executive? :)

Quote from: SiL3nT
US [SEMIPRO] ADMIN T.w² | SiL3nT <3 ?: lel
US [SEMIPRO] ADMIN T.w² | SiL3nT <3 ?: Canadian Birthing: The eggs are laid in mud beds in the early fall, and will hatch mid - winter as Pucklings to forage for syrup amongst the Elk.
 US [SEMIPRO] ADMIN T.w² | SiL3nT <3 ?: If I had a gun with two bullets, locked in a room with Hitler, Stalin and Habitat, I'd shoot Habitat twice.' - Habitat's Mom

Offline Milo8902

• Registered Users
  • Forum Addict
  • “Milo, go join SNG... you’re cancer now” - balon
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/captions/
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 167
  • Likes Given: 443

milo

Quick Collector (5) Spammer-250 Spammer-100 Spammer-50 Badge Collector (20) Spammer-25 12 Days of Christmas 2017 2 Year Coin Badge Collector (15) Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Summer 2017 1000 Posts 100 Poll Votes Badge Collector (10) 12 Days of Christmas 2016 500 Posts 1 Year Coin 100 Posts Badge Collector (5) Christmas 2016 Halloween 2016 Quick Poster Summer 2016 Mobile User
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2018, 08:01:53 pm »
Does that mean motion can become CEO because he was CEO of AddiversayGaming.net?!!!!  :hurr: :hurr: :hurr:
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 08:02:16 pm by Milo8902 »
steam is my social life

Offline Super Saiyan

• Registered Users
  • Forum Regular
  • Couldn't think of anything
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/1tapfordayz/
    • View Profile
  • TangoPoints: 10
  • Liked: 10
  • Likes Given: 67

Super Saiyan

• Total Badges: 4
    100 Posts Quick Poster Mobile User Christmas 2017
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2018, 08:24:28 pm »
I don’t really agree with this since you could have gotten your rank out of toxicity or just trolling and not helping you never know
Welcome to the end of your Life! And, I promise it’s going to hurt.

Offline cobyYOLO2001

• coby worldwide
  • Network Administrator
  • Forum Addict
  • hi bros its coby here .
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/stefantango/
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 856
  • Likes Given: 213

T.w² | cobyYOLO2001

• Total Badges: 31
    Member of the Month 2018 Comedy Gold 2500 Posts 12 Days of Christmas 2017 Overruled - Rez's Badge Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Roasting Event 2017 Drunk Award 1 Year Coin Badge Collector (20) Summer 2017 Brainstorm Fly Shit Only Coby Wizowd Badge Collector (15) 100 Poll Votes 12 Days of Christmas 2016 1000 Posts Gstad's Squad Badge Collector (10) Bronze Donor Invisible 500 Posts Spammer-50 Spammer-25 Badge Collector (5) Christmas 2016 100 Posts Mobile User Quick Poster
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2018, 08:25:27 pm »
I don’t really agree with this since you could have gotten your rank out of toxicity or just trolling and not helping you never know
what

Offline S.

• living in my feels
  • Internal Affairs Manager
  • 5k Poster
  • I play Tango for the community
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/surframp/
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1238
  • Likes Given: 2

t.w² | sdot

• Total Badges: 35
    I Triggered LemonFridge 2 Year Coin Fly Shit Only Red Star Giving Thanks 2017 Invisible 12 Days of Christmas 2017 TangoGift 5000 Posts Spammer-100 Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Poster of the Month 2017 2500 Posts Badge Collector (20) beatstar Award Summer 2017 Gstad's Squad Ur-Banana Badge Collector (15) 100 Poll Votes 1000 Posts Spammer-50 Spammer-25 Badge Collector (10) 1 Year Coin 500 Posts 100 Posts Admin of the Month 2017 Badge Collector (5) Mobile User Christmas 2016 Halloween 2016 Summer 2016 Quick Poster
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2018, 08:27:23 pm »
Well why does someone in another community have a rank because they're toxic that's just stupid

And as said before they'll be reviewed by an executive before merging in
(✿◠‿◠)
Single most dedicated staff member I've ever seen +vouch

=((

G2A Sponsor Image
DigitalOcean
Sinus Bot
AllTrapNation.com
OVH Networks
G2A Sponsor Image
DigitalOcean
Sinus Bot