Welcome to TangoWorldWide!
You are a Guest, which means you cannot use
all possible features on this forum.
Sign in or Register, to enjoy full functionality. It'll only take 2 seconds!
579 Players in 20 Servers

Author Topic: [Garry's Mod] Trouble in Taco Town Rework  (Read 816 times)

Offline Bobby

• Network Administrator
  • Forum Addict
  • Topic Author
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/stefantango/
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1017
  • Likes Given: 250

tw bobby

• Total Badges: 33
    Badges: (View All)
    2 Year Coin Summer 2018 Member of the Month 2018 Comedy Gold 2500 Posts 12 Days of Christmas 2017 Overruled - Rez's Badge Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Roasting Event 2017 Drunk Award 1 Year Coin Badge Collector (20) Summer 2017 Brainstorm Fly Shit Only Coby Wizowd Badge Collector (15) 100 Poll Votes 12 Days of Christmas 2016 1000 Posts Gstad's Squad Badge Collector (10) Bronze Donor Invisible 500 Posts Spammer-50 Spammer-25 Badge Collector (5) Christmas 2016 100 Posts Mobile User Quick Poster
[Garry's Mod] Trouble in Taco Town Rework
« on: April 17, 2018, 12:46:07 am »

As both of our TTT servers dwindled in ranks, we were faced with two options: do nothing, and let them die or remain stagnant, or take a bold action in hopes that it would breathe some life into the Garry's Mod Division. We decided to do the latter and temporarily close the rotation server. However, in its wake, the Minecraft server exploded in popularity and arose through the ashes, just as the phoenix does. Even though it has only been a few days, a renewed focus has been placed on Minecraft, both through the player base and the admins and staff members. We have a load of new content to introduce and we hope you enjoy it.

New Traitor and Detective Weapons
Bird Bomb
A new specimen from the TerrorCo. Aviary, this magnificent corvid has been genetically engineered to have micro-explosive in every cell of it's body. Equipped with a microchip and paired with a single remote control, you can unleash hell from the skies from the comfort of your own back yard!
Available for Traitors.

Bird Cam
Fresh from the TerrorCo. Aviary, these birds have been equipped with hidden cameras. More hardy than the corvids but a lot less explode-y, this is the perfect item for all your spying needs!
Available for Detectives.

Body Bomb
Have you been naughty? Keep your secrets safe with TerrorCo.'s brand new explosive SecretKeeper. If someone finds out your naughty little secrets, in a flash they'll be gone!
Available for Traitors.

Cloak device
This nifty little contraption allows any user to become nearly invisible to the naked eye! With state-of-the-art TerrorCo. camouflage technology, never get caught snooping again!
Available for all Traitors and Detectives.

Disarmer
Non-lethal weapon of choice for police around the world! Loud and proud, this slow-charging device will fire a bolt of energy enough to make an assailant drop all weapons, letting your forces go in for a safe arrest.

Energy Drink
Sometimes you just need a little extra kick, TerrorCo.'s new line of energy drinks gives just that! You'll feel stronger and faster than ever! Comes in two flavours, "Brawny Brew" and "Bold Booze".
Available for Traitors and Detectives.

Impersonator
Nowhere to run? Nowhere to hide? No worries! TerrorCo. has you covered with this state-of-the-art identity theft device. Walk proudly through your enemies, knowing they'll see you as one of them thanks to TerrorCo.'s patented disguiser technology!
Available for Traitors.

Iron Boots
You don't need a harness! If you're working high just pick up some of TerrorCo.'s new Iron Boots! With patented GroundBreaking Technology you'll survive falls from ridiculous heights with barely a scratch! Just make sure you land on your feet, or things might get messy.
Available for Traitors and Detectives.

Shield Gun
Sometimes things go south fast, you need to be prepared. TerrorCo.'s new Shield Gun is guaranteed to block all low velocity rounds, buying you those precious extra few seconds to complete your mission and get out. Shields can also double as a platform to get those hard-to-reach items on your top shelf!

Thermal Vision
See your target through solid objects without giving away your position! A must-have for spies everywhere.

Spectator Deathmatch
Dying mid-game while 2 traitors are still alive camping the traitor room has always been incredibly boring. We get it. So we added a spectator deathmatch. Once you die, you can type !dm, regardless of whether or not you're a donator, and get right back into the killing. You're able to choose your loadout in the F1 menu, with everything from an AWP to and MP5 being available, with 4 pistols to choose from. Alongside that, we have the F6 menu tracking different statistics such as your KD. Finally, we have the classic quake sounds to make that experience even more real and enjoyable.

Lag and Crashing
We've been researching the source of different lag and crashes that have been happening for some time. We put our detective hats on recently and finally found the cause of the issue. The latest patch that our developers worked hard on will resolve the majority of spikes you'll feel in the server, and reduce the amount of crashes substantially. Because of the nature of TTT and Garry's Mod, there still will be the occasional spike and crash, but hopefully this makes playing on the server much easier.

Afterthoughts
Of course this server would not be possible without you: the playerbase. With that, we have a call to action: if you are not an admin, please apply. If you see someone who's a regular on the server and not in Tango, please try to recruit them. The more the community grows, the more content you can expect. And last but not least, these additions are still being tested as we speak. While they are live on the server, it is always unpredictable in what they can do. If you notice an error, bug, or issue, please post it on the forums or let someone know.

Enjoy.
You are probably the worst supervisory member on the roster
You are probably the best supervisory member on the roster

Offline Sponk

Re: [Garry's Mod] Trouble in Taco Town Rework
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 11:04:18 pm »
This seems pretty spicy I'll be sure to take a look at the new guns when I get on later
Why Tango is the best community
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline balon

• Gone until 1/23/2019
  • Chief Executive Officer
  • 5k Poster
  • Money talks, Bullshit walks
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/balon21
    • http://www.twitch.tv/balonfx
    • https://twitter.com/TangoWorldWide
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1151
  • Likes Given: 237

T.w² | balon

• Total Badges: 44
    5 Year Coin Coby Wizowd Summer 2018 Croc-a-dil 4 Year Coin 12 Days of Christmas 2017 Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Roasting Event 2017 Summer 2017 Gstad's Squad Blackhat Fly Shit Only 3 Year Coin Christmas 2016 5000 Posts Thanksgiving 2016 Mobz Award Halloween 2016 The Rich Bitch Summer 2016 Drunk Award 12 Days of Christmas Badge Collector (20) 2 Year Coin aPn's Award Christmas 2015 Spammer-25 Badge Collector (15) Thanksgiving 2015 Halloween 2015 Quick Collector (10) Badge Collector (10) Invisible Quick Poster Mobile User Quick Collector (5) 100 Poll Votes Badge Collector (5) 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 1 Year Coin
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 12:36:28 am »
Nicely done to all who worked on it. Thanks @Stefan @Sauce @skuft @Nisse

♡ 𝑏𝑟𝑖 𝑤𝑎𝑠 ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑖𝑙𝑦𝑠𝑚 ♡

Offline Fiffy

• Loveable Fuckup
  • Forum Addict
  • Professional Dumbass
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/BongoCatLeddy
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-AOBhiWAwhVuLi6dS2TXZQ
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 352
  • Likes Given: 1286

T.w² | Ledwig тғ // DND

• Total Badges: 23
    Ur-Banana Summer 2018 Badge Collector (20) 2500 Posts 2 Year Coin Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Badge Collector (15) Overruled - Rez's Badge 100 Poll Votes Mobile User Summer 2017 Badge Collector (10) 1000 Posts 500 Posts Spammer-25 100 Posts Badge Collector (5) Quick Poster 1 Year Coin Christmas 2016 Halloween 2016 Summer 2016
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 02:15:26 am »
If I didn't get an invalid session every time I try to join our TTT server specifically I'd check it out, sounds like it is some good fun though.
The Universe is chaos, and chaos plays favorites.

Offline skuft

• Executive Coordinator
  • Forum Junkie
  • The CS:S God
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/skuft/
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 148
  • Likes Given: 50

tw skuft

• Total Badges: 19
    Gstad's Squad Summer 2018 2 Year Coin Badge Collector (15) White Knight Invisible Drunk Award 500 Posts Badge Collector (10) Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Summer 2017 1 Year Coin Badge Collector (5) 100 Posts Quick Poster Christmas 2016 Halloween 2016 Summer 2016
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 05:36:32 am »
I remember my return to Tango, and the one thing I told balon I'd refuse to do...  Go back to GMod.
I came to see that I can't sit back and do nothing as the division that I love died.
Even though my position is temporary I plan to continue to help the GMod Staff Team even though my say in what happens will be gone.
I have big hopes for GMod and I think we'll see it return to the gem it was when I came to Tango back in 2016.
Skuft you dumb as hell too lying about the ip i posted on because i was on a completely new OVH server meaning it was an ip you’ve never seen b4 and just wanted a shitty excuse to pump up your own ego, i wonder how man enough you would be if i sent some blues to your house boi you static af

Offline ThunderStruck

• Most Awesome YouTuber
  • Rookie Member
  • Forum Junkie
  • https://www.youtube.com/c
    • T.w[sup]2[/sup] |ThunderStruck115
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5Q4jxPiqETT7OvlOUmKyeA
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 28
  • Likes Given: 127

T.w² | ThunderStruck115

• Total Badges: 14
    2 Year Coin Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Badge Collector (10) 1 Year Coin Summer 2017 500 Posts Spammer-50 Badge Collector (5) Spammer-25 100 Posts Mobile User Quick Poster Christmas 2016
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 07:38:42 am »
This sounds pretty amazing! I would love to try it out and I would love to see this on Rotation once it's back up
If you build a particle cannon and I destroy it with a particle beam, is that irony?

Offline S.

• I'm in love
  • Project Administrator
  • 5k Poster
  • I play Tango for the community
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/surframp/
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1500
  • Likes Given: 2

t.w² sdot

• Total Badges: 37
    Summer 2018 True Canadians Badge I Triggered LemonFridge 2 Year Coin Fly Shit Only Red Star Giving Thanks 2017 Invisible 12 Days of Christmas 2017 TangoGift 5000 Posts Spammer-100 Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Poster of the Month 2017 2500 Posts Badge Collector (20) beatstar Award Summer 2017 Gstad's Squad Ur-Banana Badge Collector (15) 100 Poll Votes 1000 Posts Spammer-50 Spammer-25 Badge Collector (10) 1 Year Coin 500 Posts 100 Posts Admin of the Month 2017 Badge Collector (5) Mobile User Christmas 2016 Halloween 2016 Summer 2016 Quick Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2018, 03:43:31 pm »
Although I don't play these servers, this looks amazing. Good job to everyone.
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
Single most dedicated staff member I've ever seen +vouch

Offline Monkey

• Registered Users
  • Forum Junkie
  • uWu
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/monkeyninja4ever
    • https://www.twitch.tv/monkeyninja4ever
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 73
  • Likes Given: 233

not Ben Shapiro

• Total Badges: 12
    1 Year Coin Badge Collector (10) Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 500 Posts Quick Poster Badge Collector (5) Summer 2017 Jackass Spammer-25 100 Posts Mobile User
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2018, 05:36:23 pm »
Glad to see that the server is actively being updated, and there's new things being added. Thanks to everyone who worked hard to get these things successfully added to the server.

Offline Flux.

• Closed
  • Forum Regular
    • Flux^Devyn
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 43
  • Likes Given: 66

Flux

• Total Badges: 22
    3 Year Coin Badge Collector (20) White Knight 100 Poll Votes Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Badge Collector (15) 2 Year Coin Summer 2017 100 Posts Spammer-25 Badge Collector (10) Christmas 2016 1 Year Coin Halloween 2016 Summer 2016 Badge Collector (5) 12 Days of Christmas Christmas 2015 Mobile User Thanksgiving 2015 Quick Poster
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2018, 07:00:00 pm »
hit me up when u guys do this for csgo TTT

Offline S.

• I'm in love
  • Project Administrator
  • 5k Poster
  • I play Tango for the community
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/surframp/
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1500
  • Likes Given: 2

t.w² sdot

• Total Badges: 37
    Summer 2018 True Canadians Badge I Triggered LemonFridge 2 Year Coin Fly Shit Only Red Star Giving Thanks 2017 Invisible 12 Days of Christmas 2017 TangoGift 5000 Posts Spammer-100 Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Poster of the Month 2017 2500 Posts Badge Collector (20) beatstar Award Summer 2017 Gstad's Squad Ur-Banana Badge Collector (15) 100 Poll Votes 1000 Posts Spammer-50 Spammer-25 Badge Collector (10) 1 Year Coin 500 Posts 100 Posts Admin of the Month 2017 Badge Collector (5) Mobile User Christmas 2016 Halloween 2016 Summer 2016 Quick Poster
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2018, 08:21:10 pm »
hit me up when u guys do this for csgo TTT
I don't know that they would do this for csgo TTT as all of them are generally gmod staff
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
Single most dedicated staff member I've ever seen +vouch

Offline Delta

• Permanent Towel Boy
  • Forum Addict
  • Going back to GMod gimme a sec
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/pro_elements/
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 87
  • Likes Given: 213

T.w² | Delta

• Total Badges: 18
    12 Days of Christmas 2017 1 Year Coin Badge Collector (15) Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Summer 2017 Invisible Badge Collector (10) 100 Poll Votes 1000 Posts Bacon! Gstad's Squad Badge Collector (5) 500 Posts 100 Posts Spammer-25 Quick Poster Mobile User
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2018, 08:32:02 pm »
Glad to see some life breathed into the servers. Making me regret resigning, cheers to @Stefan and @Sauce. I'll hop on and check this out sometime
#bringbackGarry'sModclub

#tastetherainbow

G2A Sponsor Image
DigitalOcean
Sinus Bot
AllTrapNation.com
OVH Networks
G2A Sponsor Image
DigitalOcean
Sinus Bot
AllTrapNation.com
OVH Networks