Welcome to TangoWorldWide!
You are a Guest, which means you cannot use
all possible features on this forum.
Sign in or Register, to enjoy full functionality. It'll only take 2 seconds!
253 Players in 32 Servers

Poll

What do you think of Tango Token?

Smarter than a 5th grader.
42 (35.3%)
Kinda fell for it?
21 (17.6%)
Hey check your calendar...
56 (47.1%)

Total Members Voted: 119

Author Topic: [April Fools] Introducing the Tango Token  (Read 2576 times)

Offline balon

[April Fools] Introducing the Tango Token
« on: April 01, 2017, 12:19:52 am »
Today is the first day of Quarter 2. Are you excited?  We're here today bringing brand new changes and innovations from our administration to keep TangoWorldWide on top and continuously expanding. Over the last several months we sat down and analyzed TangoWorldWide... where we saw positive reinforcement, and where we needed to generate improvement. We've had two major takeaways where we need to improve: marketing and financial stability.

The Background
Through extensive analysis of our network we have decided to take marketing and financial stability head on. Today, we will introduce the Tango Token. We have determined that the more servers we add into our ecosystem the more the cost per player (CPP) drives up. This makes our generous donors have to contribute a higher dollar amount to support the same community. We have found this to be unfair in some ways... as the cost drives up, we need to find smarter solutions to bring in income to help combat the ever growing fees. If we leave the entire network up to only donations, we leave the fees to a select few users. The Tango Token will introduce a fluctuation compensation to battle the rising costs in an incentivized manner. Every user will be contributing to the big pot that pays for TangoWorldWide.

Desired CPP, using a donation:cost ratio as a fixed percentage
Here's a breakdown of the Cost Per Player (CPP).

Take the following equation:
n = 40, where n is the amount of current Official Servers
x = 10, where x is the number of server boxes we own
p = 350, where p is the number of average nightly users at peak
q = 1613, where q is the number of maximum potential server slots
v = ratio of donations to server costs in that month
d = v*.25, where d is the variable change in monthly donations

[(n * x) / 350] * .1613 - d *.1613

Using the statistical data over the last few months, we have a variation of the following amounts:
Code: [Select]
December    .0848309210857532034
January     .1301923093487553422
February    .1123983298581032949
March       .1030920994723650921

This allows us to drill down the cost and arrive at a desired Cost-Per-Player of about $.10 per day. Moving towards $.20 for the community to make profit and continuously expand. With this money we would be able to do country expansions once more at a regular pace and scale the network tremendously. Now it's about obtaining the money to fund such projects.

The Tango Token

Tango Tokens solve this issue! The Tango Token allows all users who actively play our servers to help pay for our servers. This spreads the cost across the network and doesn't leave the bill coming out of a select few's pockets.

How will it work?
Once the Tango Token is finally approved in the coming weeks, starting May 1st, 2017 you will need to purchase or earn Tango Tokens to play TangoWorldWide servers. Being a first time user, you will get 50 Tango Tokens. Each time you die you die in game, to spawn again it will cost you 1 token. This will help generate a new income stream for TangoWorldWide and successfully spread the cost over the entirety of the network.

How do I get tokens?
Getting tokens is EASY! Once this update goes live you can head over to the purchase page and buy a token stash for only $1. This will get you 250 tokens, or 250 lives in game. We estimate this will last users about 5 days, bringing your daily contribution to $.20 per day!

What if I cannot afford $1, or don't want to pay?
We thought of this... and have decided an alternative to earning Tango Tokens. We will be implementing an ad and survey venue option. Once you run out of tokens in game you will go into "limbo" where you cannot spawn until you get your next token, but you can still talk to users, etc. In this time you can type !earntokens in ANY server (CSGO, GMOD, ARK, TF2, etc) and either click through a survey on a product of your choice... (Coke, Pepsi, Laptop brands, cars, geographic location survey) or you can watch a 2 minute advertisement!

Please provide feedback!

As you SHOULD have noticed, this thread is a poll. Please vote if you like the idea, or hate it on the poll. Also, head over to the feedback form found here:
Should we add the Tango Token or keep things how they are? This is a community poll but right now we are set to live this update May 1st, 2017. If you do not like the update, it's your time to speak!

- TangoWorldWide
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 08:07:01 pm by dr.friday »

Offline briana

• Queen of Tango 🌸      balon's Secretary 🌸
  • Position Management
  • Forum Addict
  • ✨ Heaven is a place on earth with you. ✨
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/queenoftango
    • https://twitter.com/xyrafy
    • View Profile

T.w² | briana

In-Game H1Z1: Just Survive

• Total Badges: 23
    Badges: (View All)
    Invisible 100 Poll Votes Badge Collector (20) Christmas 2016 Thanksgiving 2016 Mobz Award Halloween 2016 Badge Collector (15) 1 Year Coin 1000 Posts Summer 2016 Red Star Badge Collector (10) Spammer-50 500 Posts Spammer-25 100 Posts Badge Collector (5) Quick Poster Christmas 2015 Thanksgiving 2015 Halloween 2015 Mobile User
Re: Introducing the Tango Token
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 12:24:02 am »
Very excited to see what the community says about the TangoToken.

It was very fun working on this with you and Alex. Looking forward to working on more projects like this in the future!

♡                                                                ♡                                ♡                                ♡
𝒃 𝒓 𝒊 𝒂 𝒏 𝒂                                                                                        { 𝒕 𝒉 𝒆   𝒒 𝒖 𝒆 𝒆 𝒏 }
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
𝕭 𝐚 𝐬 𝐢 𝐜 .           (  Position Management - ♀ - balon's Secretary  )                         
↻  Feel free to add me on steam if it's about tango related things ONLY.
↻  Not interested in making or having new friends.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
𝕷 𝐢 𝐧 𝐤 𝐬 ▌                                                                           𝒕𝒖𝒎𝒃𝒍𝒓  ♔  𝒊𝒏𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒈𝒓𝒂𝒎
♡                                ♡                                ♡                                                                ♡

Offline balon

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 12:28:22 am »
Im going to be straight up here and say this idea sounds awful.

I would never want to be limited to how long i can play on a server based on if i payed or not.

Also, will this affect bhop? You dont really die too much or at all on that server.

Each time you join it'd cost you 1 Tango Token.

Please make sure that you use the give feedback form to have your opinion counted.

Thanks!

Offline ★ Shadow ★

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 12:28:56 am »
This sounds like an awesome idea. Better people contribute by bringing skill to the server, while worse ones contribute by donations. Can't wait to see it in action!

Online james

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2017, 12:29:36 am »
great idea on how to make money!
cant wait to see what this does to the tango community!
As for ssj, talk to our other James here, I hear he hits those cheater 700's <.<

Current Positions
Council @ Group Staff: Bhop
Community Leader @ Recovery
Mentor @ Bhop

Past Positions
Council @ Sr. Personnel
Council @ Group Staff: Surf
A-Team @ Surf
Registered

Offline Red

• Rebel God
  • Basic Member
  • Forum Addict
  • I am Dream's White Knight
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/merham
    • View Profile

T.w² | Red

• Total Badges: 17
    1000 Posts Badge Collector (15) Christmas 2016 2 Year Coin Halloween 2016 Summer 2016 Badge Collector (10) 500 Posts 12 Days of Christmas Christmas 2015 1 Year Coin Badge Collector (5) Quick Poster Thanksgiving 2015 Halloween 2015 100 Posts Mobile User
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2017, 12:32:45 am »
Yeah I agree with Stalin, This is IMO not the anwser to making money especailly for Jailbreak where you die every round, you get 50 rounds for free and thats it? Not my favorite, quite honestly id stop playing after I ran out

« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 12:36:21 am by balon »
-Signature by T.w² | Rangii ∙ρc

Offline Kitten

• The Other Kitten
  • Registered Users
  • Forum Addict
  • I pretend that I make funny videos.
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/DaLetterZ
    • https://twitter.com/JakeKittenViti
    • View Profile

Jake The Kitten Viti

• Total Badges: 12
    1000 Posts Badge Collector (10) Christmas 2016 Thanksgiving 2016 Halloween 2016 500 Posts Badge Collector (5) Spammer-25 Summer 2016 100 Posts Mobile User Quick Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2017, 12:33:13 am »
Thought balon was crazy when he came up to me with this idea. But the pitch that he gave me really turned my head. I see a lot of potential here and I am ecstatic to see what the Tango Token will do to improve Tango!

Girls, you want a gentleman? I'll be the gentlest man So gentle I won't even touch you In fact I won't even acknowledge you exist Don't call

Offline .bronco.

• :^)
  • Divisional Staff
  • Forum Junkie
    • Http://steam community.com/id/br0nco13
    • View Profile

T.w² | bronco

• Total Badges: 7
    500 Posts Badge Collector (5) Spammer-25 Christmas 2016 100 Posts Quick Poster Mobile User
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2017, 12:33:59 am »
I really dislike the idea personally coming from somebody who cannot donate and who does not wish to spend time doing tedious surveys to do something I could do for free somewhere else,  and I think it would negatively impact the server populations greatly because people do not want to pay to play community servers right when they join.

I think this would just turn off everyone who cannot donate and they will find a different community, personal opinion

Online aaronxo

• i'll be ur heat when its cold out
  • Divisional Staff
  • Forum Junkie
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/aaronxo
    • http://www.twitch.tv/aaronxps
    • View Profile

t.w² princess aaron cl

1 Year Coin Badge Collector (10) 500 Posts Christmas 2016 Spammer-25 Quick Poster Badge Collector (5) Halloween 2016 Admin of the Month 2016 Summer 2016 100 Posts Mobile User
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2017, 12:36:27 am »
+vouhc
im already preordering my tango tokens

Offline S..

• Letter Squad Bang Bang
  • Divisional Staff
  • Forum Regular
  • I play Tango for the community
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/LordSly/
    • View Profile

T.w² | Ssssnake. ♡♥

• Total Badges: 8
    100 Posts Admin of the Month 2017 Badge Collector (5) Mobile User Christmas 2016 Halloween 2016 Summer 2016 Quick Poster
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2017, 12:37:51 am »
mY ONLY PRObLEM wiTH THIS IS THAT I'm worried that with this new update I'll no longer be able to play Tango for the community due to insufficient funds.
Current Position(s):
Divisional Staff @ Bhop
Past Positions:
A-team @ Bhop
SA @ Bhop

Online b..

• just a young droog
  • Divisional Coordinator
  • Forum Junkie
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/bwashere0/
    • View Profile

t.w² | b

• Total Badges: 7
    500 Posts Badge Collector (5) Spammer-25 100 Posts Quick Poster Christmas 2016 Mobile User
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2017, 12:37:59 am »
can i line up at gamestop at midnight to buy some tango tokens or are we not going global yet?

Online Mistaken

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=251cxou3yR4
  • Jr. Personnel
  • Forum Junkie
  • Hey guys :)
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/mistaken_tv
    • View Profile

T.w² Mistaken ∙ρc̲

500 Posts Badge Collector (10) Spammer-25 I Triggered LemonFridge Quick Poster 100 Posts Badge Collector (5) 1 Year Coin Christmas 2016 Halloween 2016 Summer 2016 Mobile User
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2017, 12:39:17 am »
 Honestly this would push people away in mg as many leave and rejoin atleast 4-5 times a day.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 12:39:51 am by balon »
Current Position:Jr. Personnel

Don't fucking resign on me you dick.

Offline wizzie

• Rookie Member
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile

T.w² | wizzie .cL

• Total Badges: 19
    100 Poll Votes Admin of the Month 2017 Christmas 2016 Badge Collector (15) Halloween 2016 Summer 2016 2 Year Coin 1000 Posts Badge Collector (10) Spammer-25 Quick Poster Christmas 2015 Thanksgiving 2015 Badge Collector (5) Halloween 2015 1 Year Coin Mobile User 500 Posts 100 Posts
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2017, 12:40:12 am »
pay to play

well idk what to say this will drive players away imo

Offline Kohzy

• Registered Users
  • Forum Addict
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/moanmyname
    • View Profile

i wish i was tw kohzy

• Total Badges: 23
    Christmas 2016 Thanksgiving 2016 Badge Collector (20) Halloween 2016 2500 Posts Summer 2016 2 Year Coin Badge Collector (15) 12 Days of Christmas Christmas 2015 Thanksgiving 2015 Halloween 2015 Badge Collector (10) 1 Year Coin Spammer-25 Quick Poster Quick Collector (5) Badge Collector (5) Mobile User 100 Poll Votes 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2017, 12:40:38 am »
I'm going to ignore the purchasing of the tokens, as that's not an option I'm going to consider. I've donated to TangoWorldWide in the past, but I will never endorse or participate in paying to play the servers.

The alternative methods (survey & ad) are an extreme turn-off, though I'm not going to dismiss them. I feel the implementation would decrease population, that is almost guaranteed. Especially considering such a long-term player, donator, and staff member (me!) would quit playing the servers. Maybe you'll see an increase in donations, but the stigma and reaction from everyone who isn't financially privileged or willing to commit extra time and effort to play will be negative.

I'll most likely give my opinion more in-depth on the feedback page, but it's summarized above. A better solution needs to be created to resolve this issue you've all found. This is likely not the best one.

:)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 01:05:10 am by Kohzy »

Online Conner

• ♡ Ownership Slut's Slut's Slut ♡
  • Group Coordinator
  • Forum Addict
  • Today is a new day.
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheCoconutGamer/
    • https://www.twitch.tv/coconutgamer
    • View Profile

T.w² ✖ Conner .cL

• Total Badges: 24
    Staff of the Month 2017 Invisible Conner's Badge of Prestige Badge Collector (20) 2500 Posts Member of the Year 2016 Christmas 2016 Thanksgiving 2016 Badge Collector (15) Member of the Month 2016 100 Poll Votes Admin of the Month 2016 Halloween 2016 Badge Collector (10) 1000 Posts Summer 2016 Spammer-100 500 Posts Badge Collector (5) Spammer-50 100 Posts Spammer-25 Mobile User Quick Poster
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2017, 12:41:22 am »
Turn away current and future members.

I get on to moderate the servers and make sure everything's going good. Guess I'm going to be taxed for helping the server by wasting 2 minutes of my life (multiple times). It'd be better to just have ads run in the background. The day this update comes out is the day I only sit in TS and watch movies with @miK :). That'd be the only thing keeping me in Tango honestly.

P.S. I voted "no" because I figured I'd just watch the ad and it's whatever. However, after thinking a little more, I'd stop playing. This is a disaster waiting to happen.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 12:43:40 am by balon »

Made by Rangii

G2A Sponsor Image
EOReality.com
Sinus Bot
TangoServersLLC Logo
AllTrapNation.com
CSGO Boss
G2A Sponsor Image
EOReality.com
Sinus Bot
TangoServersLLC Logo