Welcome to TangoWorldWide!
You are a Guest, which means you cannot use
all possible features on this forum.
Sign in or Register, to enjoy full functionality. It'll only take 2 seconds!
360 Players in 13 Servers

Author Topic: Let's look at the application template.  (Read 1487 times)

Offline Conman118

• Veteran Member
  • Forum Addict
  • Topic Author
    • http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198025968907/
    • https://www.google.com/
    • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 135
  • Likes Given: 28

T.w² | conman118 тғ

• Total Badges: 32
    Badges: (View All)
    4 Year Coin 3 Year Coin Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Summer 2017 2 Year Coin 12 Days of Christmas 2016 2500 Posts Member of the Month 2017 Admin of the Year 2016 Christmas 2016 Badge Collector (20) Thanksgiving 2016 100 Poll Votes Halloween 2016 1 Year Coin Badge Collector (15) Summer 2016 Brainstorm Invisible 1000 Posts Badge Collector (10) Spammer-50 Mobile User 500 Posts Christmas 2015 Badge Collector (5) Thanksgiving 2015 Spammer-25 100 Posts Quick Poster Halloween 2015
Let's look at the application template.
« on: February 16, 2017, 05:53:15 pm »
In this suggestion, I will be viewing the current application and commenting on each question individually telling what it should be, and what it needs/ if it does need anything.

1. In-Game Name: < Answer in Here >
The user's in-game name is not needed in their Tango application because of Steam Integration, which repeats the same question twice here. If they aren't a Steam User, then they mostly will be a part of the Minecraft division, League of Legends, or any other game that isn't directly through Steam. Because of that reason, there is still some sense in keeping the question, even if it is not used in every application.

Suggestion: Keep as is.

2. SteamID: < Answer in Here >
The Steam ID is used by staff to ban disconnected players on their servers. (A player comes onto jailbreak, kills all of the prisoners then leaves directly after. The admin then goes onto Sourcebans and uploads the player's steam ID banning them for however long) Having an easy access to finding a player's Steam ID is very useful, absolutely (I have mine on my Steam Profile in case I need it quickly). However, there is no reason to have it on the applicant's post for many reasons. For one, if they are a Steam user, and they are applying for membership, they will link up their account on Steam Integration, and they cannot remove that account from the forums. We have their Steam account from now on, whenever we need to find their Steam ID, i.e. (STEAM_0:1:52777343) we would simply go to http://steamidfinder.com/ and copy it.
I have never, nor have I known anyone who has used a user's application to find their Steam ID. We also don't check it when they apply. As long as it has the same format 'STEAM_0:1:XXXXXXXX' we assume it is theirs.
The third reason that makes the Steam ID question worthless would be that not all of Tango has Steam. In mentioned in the above summary, we have Minecraft and only Minecraft players here, etc.
The last reason why this is not important enough to be on our application template is, if someone is on our forums, ownership has their ip that they connected with. It is a worthless question that makes applying last longer for the applicant.

Suggestion: Remove question two on the application template.

3. First Name: < Answer in Here >
This one is kind of hard. As I see we are a community who love new members and like to get involved with one another, there is also the view that some people are not comfortable with their name in front of everyone. If my Ingame name was Helmdark5 for instance, I would get caught off guard or pissed that someone I don't know called me Connor from nowhere. Even having my name as Conman118, and getting called my first name on servers annoys me. That is me, however. I know we have another staff member as Conner, and another as Kevin, or balon who are fine with their names on the internet and being called them regularly. I don't want to be called by my first name, and I do not believe I am alone in this opinion.
Suggestion: Change Question three from;
to
3. First Name (Optional): < Answer in Here >
Don't force it on the player, yet still encourage them to be involved.

4. Age: < Answer in Here >
Your age when applying for Tango does not matter. This is a fact and has been proven over and over as we continue to accept members of all age groups who show themselves as being a quality member here who will contribute to the community and show the best they have. Age is somewhat like the first name question, it isn't needed, nor does it hurt. Some people won't like displaying their age to others, and some may have no problem with it.
Your age is different than your name, in the sense of making sure the member feels safe here. I personally would not care if a group of people called me 15 over and over or did hurtful slurs towards my younger age than compared to making fun of myself and my name. Personal preference.

5. Location/Timezone: < Answer in Here >
This isn't asking us your Country, city state, street, and house/apartment number. It's just a general area where you are in the world, and your timezone incase we need to contact you. I like it, no reason to remove it.

6. Gender: < Answer in Here >
If you can, you might as well I suppose. It's a legit question, and I see why it is here.

7. In-Game Ranks (CSGO, Dota, LoL, etc): < Answer in Here >
Oof. The dreaded question 7. I will put it like this, the day that Tango WorldWide denies someone because they are a silver 2, or they're a bronze 3, is the day I am leaving. This is the most worthless question on the application, and who cares if you're a global elite applying for Tango? It does not and should not affect your acceptance into Tango.
Suggestion: Remove question seven on the application template.

8. Any previous VAC bans: < Answer in Here >
We accept people with VAC bans, and unless it was something severe or happened in the last 90 days, we don't care.

9. What games do you play most often?: < Answer in Here >
I love this question. It's practically a question saying, when can I see you on the server? It's open, allowing your own person to show, and can give some divisional staff a heads up to look out for you.
Suggestion: Absolutely keep as is, if anything, we should bring more questions out like this.

10. Were you referred by anyone to join Tango? If so, who?: < Answer in Here >
"Hey, can you say I referred you?" is the type of thing I see going on here. It's a vibe of being in community leadership is a job, more than a doing the right thing without needing recognition. I don't believe this question is needed, and that the Community Leadership Leaderships can trust their cLs, who tell them "Yeah I got Frank, Bob, and Dylan to apply this week".
I see exactly why this question is here, however, I don't agree with the need for this. I suspect my opinion is a minority one, so my suggestion will be;

11. Why do you want to be a part of Tango: < Answer in Here >
Same as number nine. Love the question and want more like it. I'd like these applications to be completely unique from one another and have their own personal twist in answering these questions. This question could even be changed from why do you want to be a part of Tango to, what do you like the most about Tango, or What keeps you playing on our servers?
Suggestion: Keep as is, or add onto it with sub-questions.

12. Can you donate? (This does not affect acceptance): < Answer in Here >
Reasonable question. Already tells the user this does not affect anything. +1

13. Do you have any conflicts with our current members?: < Answer in Here >
I am unsure how this came to be on our application. It is definitely a unique question but also allows for users to not take it seriously, or to create arguments on the applicant's application, which usually ends up worse for the applicant.
Suggestion: Remove question 13. There is not a sole reason to tell the community you have beef with someone. Talk to cL. Talk to IAC. Talk to staff.

14. Do you have a microphone?: < Answer in Here >
Another one of those questions that are pretty worthless. It is information and not useful information. It also doesn't allow for any personal authenticity. It's yes. It's no. It's sometimes "I am getting one soon".
Suggestion: Remove question 14 from the application template.

15. Have you been on Tango's Teamspeak/Discord?: < Answer in Here >
It's a yes-no question, sure, but it's a question that is useful for us. We might as well have cL start recruiting people to TeamSpeak as well. Why wouldn't they? Being on our servers is just as important as joining us on Teamspeak and posting on the forums.
Suggestion: Change the question from
to
15. Have you been on Tango's Teamspeak (ts3.tw2.us)/Discord(https://discord.gg/47AdbbD )?: < Answer in Here >

16. Have you been active on our servers? (Specify which): < Answer in Here >
It is a little poorly worded in my opinion, and sometimes people answer with "yes" or, "CS:GO".
Suggestion:Change question 16 on the application templte from
to
16. What Tango Servers do you play?: < Answer in Here >

17. Write a brief background about yourself so we can get to know you better: < Answer in Here >
Love it. Want more quesitions like it.

18. Have you added your steam to your forums account? Steam Integration (Yes/Non-Steam): < Answer in Here >
Definitely need the reminder for applicants here.

19. You hereby agree to follow our Rules & Policies (Agree/Disagree): < Answer in Here >
Yep.

Now, my second suggestion in relation to the template rules. I believe we should say goodbye to this;
< Answer in Here >

Everyone knows you answer it after the question, not everyone knows whether or not to keep the brackets, and if this is the member's first post (more than likely), they won't think twice to preview.

My suggestion, turn every question on the application to look like this.
5. Location/Timezone:   Answer 
Code: [Select]
[b]5. Location/Timezone[/b]: [i]  Answer  [/i]
This is what it looks like.
[b]5. Location/Timezone[/b]: [i] < Answer in Here > [/i]

In the spoiler below, you will see the current application template.
[b]1. In-Game Name[/b]: [i] < Answer in Here > [/i]
[b]2. SteamID[/b]: [i] < Answer in Here > [/i]
[b]3. First Name[/b]: [i] < Answer in Here > [/i]
[b]4. Age[/b]: [i] < Answer in Here > [/i]
[b]5. Location/Timezone[/b]: [i] < Answer in Here > [/i]
[b]6. Gender[/b]: [i] < Answer in Here > [/i]
[b]7. In-Game Ranks (CSGO, Dota, LoL, etc)[/b]: [i] < Answer in Here > [/i]
[b]8. Any previous VAC bans[/b]: [i] < Answer in Here > [/i]
[b]9. What games do you play most often?[/b]: [i] < Answer in Here > [/i]
[b]10. Were you referred by anyone to join Tango? If so, who?[/b]: [i] < Answer in Here > [/i]
[b]11. Why do you want to be a part of Tango[/b]: [i] < Answer in Here > [/i]
[b]12. Can you donate? (This does not affect acceptance)[/b]: [i] < Answer in Here > [/i]
[b]13. Do you have any conflicts with our current members?[/b]: [i] < Answer in Here > [/i]
[b]14. Do you have a microphone?[/b]: [i] < Answer in Here > [/i]
[b]15. Have you been on Tango's Teamspeak/Discord?[/b]: [i] < Answer in Here > [/i]
[b]16. Have you been active on our servers? [u](Specify which)[/u][/b]: [i] < Answer in Here > [/i]
[b]17. Write a brief background about yourself so we can get to know you better[/b]: [i] < Answer in Here > [/i]
[b]18. Have you added your steam to your forums account? Steam Integration (Yes/Non-Steam)[/b]: [i] < Answer in Here > [/i]
[b]19. You hereby agree to follow our Rules & Policies (Agree/Disagree)[/b]: [i] < Answer in Here > [/i]
1. In-Game Name: < Answer in Here >
2. SteamID: < Answer in Here >
4. Age: < Answer in Here >
6. Gender: < Answer in Here >
7. In-Game Ranks (CSGO, Dota, LoL, etc): < Answer in Here >
8. Any previous VAC bans: < Answer in Here >
9. What games do you play most often?: < Answer in Here >
10. Were you referred by anyone to join Tango? If so, who?: < Answer in Here >
11. Why do you want to be a part of Tango: < Answer in Here >
12. Can you donate? (This does not affect acceptance): < Answer in Here >
13. Do you have any conflicts with our current members?: < Answer in Here >
14. Do you have a microphone?: < Answer in Here >
17. Write a brief background about yourself so we can get to know you better: < Answer in Here >
18. Have you added your steam to your forums account? Steam Integration (Yes/Non-Steam): < Answer in Here >
19. You hereby agree to follow our Rules & Policies (Agree/Disagree): < Answer in Here >

This is what I would like the Application Template to look like.
[b]1. In-Game Name[/b]: [i]  Answer [/i]
[b]2. First Name[/b] (Optional): [i]  Answer [/i]
[b]3. Age[/b]: [i]  Answer [/i]
[b]4. Location/Timezone[/b]: [i]  Answer [/i]
[b]5. Gender[/b]: [i]  Answer [/i]
[b]6. Any previous VAC bans[/b]: [i]  Answer [/i]
[b]7. What games do you play most often?[/b]: [i]  Answer [/i]
[b]8. Were you referred by anyone to join Tango? If so, who?[/b]: [i]  Answer [/i]
[b]9. Why do you want to be a part of Tango[/b]: [i]  Answer [/i]
[b]10. Can you donate? (This does not affect acceptance)[/b]: [i]  Answer [/i]
[b]11. Have you been on Tango's Teamspeak (ts3.tw2.us)/Discord (https://discord.gg/47AdbbD )?[/b]: [i]  Answer [/i]
[b]12. What Tango Servers do you play?[/b]: [i]  Answer [/i]
[b]13. Write a brief background about yourself so we can get to know you better[/b]: [i]  Answer [/i]
[b]14. Have you added your steam to your forums account? Steam Integration (Yes/Non-Steam)[/b]: [i]  Answer [/i]
[b]15. You hereby agree to follow our Rules & Policies (Agree/Disagree)[/b]: [i]  Answer [/i]
1. In-Game Name:   Answer
2. First Name (Optional):   Answer
3. Age:   Answer
4. Location/Timezone:   Answer
5. Gender:   Answer
6. Any previous VAC bans:   Answer
7. What games do you play most often?:   Answer
8. Were you referred by anyone to join Tango? If so, who?:   Answer
9. Why do you want to be a part of Tango:   Answer
10. Can you donate? (This does not affect acceptance):   Answer
11. Have you been on Tango's Teamspeak (ts3.tw2.us)/Discord (https://discord.gg/47AdbbD )?:   Answer
12. What Tango Servers do you play?:   Answer
13. Write a brief background about yourself so we can get to know you better:   Answer
14. Have you added your steam to your forums account? Steam Integration (Yes/Non-Steam):   Answer
15. You hereby agree to follow our Rules & Policies (Agree/Disagree):   Answer

1. Suggestion: Change the Application Template
2. Describe the Suggestion: What a crappy Suggestion Template. The first one should be called "Catchy Suggestion Name". My suggestion is me looking over the current application, seeing why it is needed, the pros and cons of it, and changing it or not changing it based on what I've found.
3. Related link(s): Nosir.
4. Possible positive impacts: Clear cut questions for what we are looking for, and easy going open questions that allow users to express themselves.
Gives links for Teamspeak and Discord.
Short and easy to the point.
Easy to fill an application out.
Cleaner
5. Possible negative impacts: I may have overlooked some reasons, in which we have the questions we do.
6. What Division/Server will this idea affect: Tango Staff Meetings. Forums. Applying users.

Please do not lock this suggestion Forum Administration. Alex, Dkmstr, or balon. Please do not lock this suggestion without community feedback on what they like about the current template, what they dislike, and what they like about my template, and dislike about it.
If you have something you'd like to add, please so very much do reply and say so.
The secret of education lies in respecting the pupil. It is not for you to choose what he shall know, what he shall do. It is chosen and foreordained and he only holds the key to his own secret.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

You build on failure. You use it as a stepping stone. Close the door on the past. You don't try to forget the mistakes, but you don't dwell on it. You don't let it have any of your energy, or any of your time, or any of your space.
- Johnny Cash

Offline Dream

• ♡ Ownership Slut ♡
  • Closed
  • Forum Addict
  • Does anyone really read these ?
    • https://twitter.com/DreamTangoWW
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 61
  • Likes Given: 1

Dream

• Total Badges: 34
    3 Year Coin Fly Shit Only Certified Cutie Lovable Croc-a-dil 2 Year Coin Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Summer 2017 100 Poll Votes 12 Days of Christmas 2016 Conner's Badge of Prestige Gstad's Squad 1 Year Coin Badge Collector (20) Admin of the Year 2016 Christmas 2016 Thanksgiving 2016 Badge Collector (15) Invisible Staff of the Month 2016 Halloween 2016 1000 Posts Badge Collector (10) 500 Posts Summer 2016 Spammer-100 Quick Collector (5) Badge Collector (5) Spammer-50 Spammer-25 Quick Poster 100 Posts Mobile User
Re: Let's look at the application template.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 06:00:42 pm »
The application template is already being reworked by Alex Urbana and Myself, we pointed this out in the last two meetings I believe. We'll keep your suggestions in mind .
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 07:29:22 pm by Dream »
Account deactivated per family request, 6/10/2019. Rest easy Ella.

Offline Eggplant

• Registered Users
  • Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 140
  • Likes Given: 5

Nisse

• Total Badges: 38
    5k Donor Lovable 4 Year Coin Summer 2018 Black-Star Member of the Month 2018 12 Days of Christmas 2017 Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 3 Year Coin Summer 2017 Countdown to Christmas 2016 500 Posts Christmas 2016 2 Year Coin Mobz Award Halloween 2016 Badge Collector (20) Summer 2016 Quick Collector (5) Badge Collector (15) The Rich Bitch Gold Donor Silver Donor Bronze Donor Spammer-50 Badge Collector (10) Christmas 2015 Mobile User Thanksgiving 2015 1 Year Coin Halloween 2015 Badge Collector (5) Spammer-25 Quick Poster Hall of Fame Donor 100 Poll Votes 100 Posts
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 07:20:27 pm »
I don't agree with removing the steamid from the application I use it to search up players on our gmod servers confirming they are accepted member. especially useful if the player often change his name. and I think its important that a member can find his own steamid. point is I find having the steamid on application very useful and necessary.

Offline Conman118

• Veteran Member
  • Forum Addict
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile

T.w² | conman118 тғ

4 Year Coin 3 Year Coin Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Summer 2017 2 Year Coin 12 Days of Christmas 2016 2500 Posts Member of the Month 2017 Admin of the Year 2016 Christmas 2016 Badge Collector (20) Thanksgiving 2016 100 Poll Votes Halloween 2016 1 Year Coin Badge Collector (15) Summer 2016 Brainstorm Invisible 1000 Posts Badge Collector (10) Spammer-50 Mobile User 500 Posts Christmas 2015 Badge Collector (5) Thanksgiving 2015 Spammer-25 100 Posts Quick Poster Halloween 2015
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 07:37:15 pm »
especially useful if the player often change his name.
Do you mean on the forums? I can see where you're coming from if they change their name on the forums, but if they change their name on Steam, you can simply search their forum name and check their Steam Integration. From there, you have their Steam Profile in which you can get their Steam ID.

and I think its important that a member can find his own steamid.
The average Steam user doesn't really need to know their Steam ID, and the ability to find it doesn't do anything to benefit them.

point is I find having the steamid on application very useful and necessary.
Never used a user's application to find a Steam ID. One of the reasons would be inconvenience, the other being, why check their work when you can validate it yourself (Giving a user SA, and they put someone else's Steam ID on their application).

The application template is already being reworked by Alex Urbana and Myself, we pointed this out in the last two meetings I believe. We'll keep your suggestions in mind .
It took me less than an hour and a half to make this post start to finish. I don't know why two weeks is needed, and I would much rather have an open discussion on the application template revisions rather than just a triumvir.
The secret of education lies in respecting the pupil. It is not for you to choose what he shall know, what he shall do. It is chosen and foreordained and he only holds the key to his own secret.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

You build on failure. You use it as a stepping stone. Close the door on the past. You don't try to forget the mistakes, but you don't dwell on it. You don't let it have any of your energy, or any of your time, or any of your space.
- Johnny Cash

Offline TheWildThorn

• Keep Calm and Carry On
  • Legend
  • Forum Addict
  • The Beast of these Forums
    • http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198085458441/
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 73
  • Likes Given: 109

TheWildThorn.tw

Real One Halloween 2019 Fly Shit Only 4 Year Coin Summer 2018 Croc-a-dil 3 Year Coin Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Summer 2017 2500 Posts 2 Year Coin Staff of the Month 2017 Badge Collector (20) Christmas 2016 Thanksgiving 2016 Halloween 2016 Summer 2016 Badge Collector (15) 1 Year Coin aPn's Award Spammer-50 1000 Posts Badge Collector (10) Christmas 2015 Thanksgiving 2015 Halloween 2015 500 Posts Badge Collector (5) 100 Poll Votes Spammer-25 Quick Poster Mobile User 100 Posts
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 07:47:12 pm »
I agree with pretty much all but 13 and 14.

13, I find it important for them to address to us first if they have an issue with someone.
A lot of times, people don't come to me and just keep grudges and act shitty towards that person(s).
If they put it on their application, I can note that and move on knowing that for future reference if anything happens.

14 is knowledge that I would just look for incase I wanted to talk with them or something I can just know about them.
It's an easy question and I just generally don't see a reason for removing it.

Offline Conman118

• Veteran Member
  • Forum Addict
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile

T.w² | conman118 тғ

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2017, 07:57:09 pm »
I see where you're coming from on #13. I figured that whenever they call out a member or @them, it starts a conflict on their application which would outweigh any positives that came from it. If you think #13 should stay, then I agree, since that part of the application is directly related to cL and IAC.

As for the microphone rule, the reason I removed it wasn't because it was too hard to answer, but that it was an unnecessary question on the application that doesn't affect whether or not they get accepted, and could be answered by just talking to them.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

- Johnny Cash

Offline Johnny Manziel

• Divisional Leader
  • Forum Addict
  • 𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐁𝐄 𝐈𝐍𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐃
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1116
  • Likes Given: 273

tw bobby

• Total Badges: 33
    2 Year Coin Summer 2018 Member of the Month 2018 Comedy Gold 2500 Posts 12 Days of Christmas 2017 Overruled - Rez's Badge Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Roasting Event 2017 Drunk Award 1 Year Coin Badge Collector (20) Summer 2017 Brainstorm Fly Shit Only Coby Wizowd Badge Collector (15) 100 Poll Votes 12 Days of Christmas 2016 1000 Posts Gstad's Squad Badge Collector (10) Bronze Donor Invisible 500 Posts Spammer-50 Spammer-25 Badge Collector (5) Christmas 2016 100 Posts Mobile User Quick Poster
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2017, 07:58:16 pm »
I don't agree with removing the steamid from the application I use it to search up players on our gmod servers confirming they are accepted member. especially useful if the player often change his name. and I think its important that a member can find his own steamid. point is I find having the steamid on application very useful and necessary.

I agree with this entirely. Searching my SteamID only finds various applications I've made, including my application to Tango. This is true for a good amount of people.

For example, I needed to find someone who no longer wears the tags on the forums. He's changed his name 4 times on Steam while in Tango. Simply searching his current Steam Name doesn't find anything on the forums. Only his SteamID.
You are probably the worst supervisory member on the roster
You are probably the best supervisory member on the roster

Offline Conman118

• Veteran Member
  • Forum Addict
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile

T.w² | conman118 тғ

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2017, 08:16:35 pm »
For example, I needed to find someone who no longer wears the tags on the forums. He's changed his name 4 times on Steam while in Tango. Simply searching his current Steam Name doesn't find anything on the forums. Only his SteamID.
Your logic is that you already have the steam id. If you already have the Steam ID you either got it from his profile, remember it off your head, his forum profile, or another weird way. If you have it from his Steam Profile, you have his username, where you can search it. If you remember it, good for you. If you got it from his forum profile, then he is Steam Integrated and you can click his Steam Profile.
Simply searching his current Steam Name doesn't find anything on the forums. Only his SteamID.
What you are saying makes zero sense to me. If all you can do, to find someone on the forums is through their Steam ID, how the hell did you get the Steam ID in the first place?
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

- Johnny Cash

Offline fern

• Profe$$or Fine$$er.
  • Registered Users
  • Forum Addict
  • steam superstar
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/blurry
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjHcTxRTXkzLE7MSvrJ1DqQ
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 12
  • Likes Given: 0

fern

• Total Badges: 25
    3 Year Coin Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 2 Year Coin Badge Collector (20) Summer 2017 2500 Posts Christmas 2016 1 Year Coin Badge Collector (15) Halloween 2016 Invisible Summer 2016 beatstar Award Badge Collector (10) 1000 Posts 500 Posts Spammer-50 100 Posts Badge Collector (5) Spammer-25 Christmas 2015 Quick Poster Thanksgiving 2015 Mobile User
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2017, 08:18:54 pm »
I agree with pretty much all your suggestions.
Only other one I would put optional is maybe age since a few people don't like disclosing that, but overall the way you redid the app looks a lot better.
| 𝚂𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚌𝚕𝚘𝚞𝚍 | 𝚈𝚘𝚞𝚝𝚞𝚋𝚎 | 𝙹𝚞𝚖𝚙𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚝𝚜 |

𝙿𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝙿𝚘𝚜𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜
- 𝙼𝚊𝚗𝚊𝚐𝚎𝚛 @ 𝙲𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚞𝚗𝚒𝚝𝚢 𝙰𝚍𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗
- 𝙻𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚛 @ 𝚂𝚝𝚎𝚊𝚖 𝙼𝚊𝚗𝚊𝚐𝚎𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝
- 𝙲𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚕 @ 𝙱𝚑𝚘𝚙 𝙳𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚊𝚕 𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚏𝚏
- 𝙲𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚕 @ 𝙹𝚛. 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚕
- 𝙲𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚕 @ 𝙱𝚑𝚘𝚙 𝙶𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚙 𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚏𝚏
- 𝙼𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 @ 𝙱𝚑𝚘𝚙 𝚂𝚞𝚙𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚢 𝙰𝚍𝚖𝚒𝚗

Offline Johnny Manziel

• Divisional Leader
  • Forum Addict
  • 𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐁𝐄 𝐈𝐍𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐃
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1116
  • Likes Given: 273

tw bobby

• Total Badges: 33
    2 Year Coin Summer 2018 Member of the Month 2018 Comedy Gold 2500 Posts 12 Days of Christmas 2017 Overruled - Rez's Badge Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Roasting Event 2017 Drunk Award 1 Year Coin Badge Collector (20) Summer 2017 Brainstorm Fly Shit Only Coby Wizowd Badge Collector (15) 100 Poll Votes 12 Days of Christmas 2016 1000 Posts Gstad's Squad Badge Collector (10) Bronze Donor Invisible 500 Posts Spammer-50 Spammer-25 Badge Collector (5) Christmas 2016 100 Posts Mobile User Quick Poster
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2017, 08:23:15 pm »
Your logic is that you already have the steam id. If you already have the Steam ID you either got it from his profile, remember it off your head, his forum profile, or another weird way. If you have it from his Steam Profile, you have his username, where you can search it. If you remember it, good for you. If you got it from his forum profile, then he is Steam Integrated and you can click his Steam Profile.
Simply searching his current Steam Name doesn't find anything on the forums. Only his SteamID.
What you are saying makes zero sense to me. If all you can do, to find someone on the forums is through their Steam ID, how the hell did you get the Steam ID in the first place?

I have them on Steam. Or if they are in the server I can right click and go to their Steam Profile. You are simply incorrect on how Steam integration works. Just because a user is steam integrated doesn't mean it's searchable.
You are probably the worst supervisory member on the roster
You are probably the best supervisory member on the roster

Offline Conman118

• Veteran Member
  • Forum Addict
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile

T.w² | conman118 тғ

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2017, 08:35:16 pm »
I have them on Steam. Or if they are in the server I can right click and go to their Steam Profile. You are simply incorrect on how Steam integration works. Just because a user is steam integrated doesn't mean it's searchable.

I am still confused on the example you set, and what you already know in the example, and what you're trying to figure out.

So you have their Steam, and you are trying to find their Forum profile? If so, look at the community roster and Ctrl+F. Search members. Search in the top right a post they created.

I mean, there are so many sources you could use to figure out whether or not they're a member or not. You could ask them, you could search their name/previous names, ask another person, or remember their forum name as it usually ends up being their gamer name. I see where you're coming from, but removing their Steam ID doesn't mean they're off the grid.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

- Johnny Cash

Offline InsideJob

• Veteran Member
  • Forum Addict
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/insidejob2001
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 148
  • Likes Given: 103

T.w² | InsideJob

• Total Badges: 17
    2 Year Coin Badge Collector (15) 1000 Posts Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Summer 2017 Badge Collector (10) 1 Year Coin Staff of the Month 2017 100 Poll Votes 500 Posts Badge Collector (5) Christmas 2016 100 Posts Quick Poster Halloween 2016 Mobile User
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2017, 08:43:50 pm »
I agree with everything except number 13, I do thinks it's better if staff knows about conflicts within the community. Also an argument could be made about the Steam ID being removed, but that's more for staff as well.

Really the application isn't that hard to fill out as it is right now, but I guess it could be improved.

Also, I'm pretty sure a lot of people lie on the application already. I put my first name as Mark, it's really not Mark...

Offline Revolver Ross

• Looking For Love TBH
  • Veteran Member
  • Forum Addict
  • Sad Boi Hours..
    • http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198092810107/
    • http://www.twitch.tv/revolverross
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmCZb4VbqiMB_nLevS1etZA
    • https://twitter.com/LlamaLord1
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 491
  • Likes Given: 123

Tw | Ross | Ready To Die

.cL of the Month 3 Year Coin 2500 Posts Summer 2018 Coby Wizowd Giving Thanks 2017 12 Days of Christmas 2017 Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 2 Year Coin Roasting Event 2017 Overruled - Rez's Badge Summer 2017 Badge Collector (20) Hurricane Harvey Donor 12 Days of Christmas 2016 Gstad's Squad 100 Poll Votes Badge Collector (15) 1000 Posts 1 Year Coin Christmas 2016 Thanksgiving 2016 Badge Collector (10) Spammer-50 500 Posts Halloween 2016 Spammer-25 Badge Collector (5) Admin of the Month 2016 Summer 2016 100 Posts Mobile User Quick Poster
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2017, 08:45:21 pm »
Most of the population already stated this, but it's a very good modified app.

I do however want #13 to stay, but other than that great job.
𝓡𝓮𝓿𝓸𝓵𝓿𝓮𝓻 𝓡𝓸𝓼𝓼' 𝓟𝓻𝓸𝓯𝓲𝓵𝓮
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
Media Links:
Discord
Twitch
Youtube
Steam
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
Gaming Info:
Battle.net: MTSDeathWind#1430
LoL: MTSDeathWind
Escape From Tarkov: RevolverRoss
Modern Warfare: MTSDeathWind

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
Extra:
Tellonym
Good Quotes:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Funny Quotes
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Conman118

• Veteran Member
  • Forum Addict
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile

T.w² | conman118 тғ

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2017, 09:03:24 pm »
Updated;
[b]1. In-Game Name[/b]: [i]  Answer [/i]
[b]2. First Name[/b] (Optional): [i]  Answer [/i]
[b]3. Age[/b]: [i]  Answer [/i]
[b]4. Location/Timezone[/b]: [i]  Answer [/i]
[b]5. Gender[/b]: [i]  Answer [/i]
[b]6. Any previous VAC bans[/b]: [i]  Answer [/i]
[b]7. What games do you play most often?[/b]: [i]  Answer [/i]
[b]8. Were you referred by anyone to join Tango? If so, who?[/b]: [i]  Answer [/i]
[b]9. Why do you want to be a part of Tango[/b]: [i]  Answer [/i]
[b]10. Can you donate? (This does not affect acceptance)[/b]: [i]  Answer [/i]
[b]11. Do you have any conflicts with our current members?[/b]: [i]  Answer  [/i]
[b]12. Have you been on Tango's Teamspeak (ts3.tw2.us)/Discord (https://discord.gg/47AdbbD )?[/b]: [i]  Answer [/i]
[b]13. What Tango Servers do you play?[/b]: [i]  Answer [/i]
[b]14. Write a brief background about yourself so we can get to know you better[/b]: [i]  Answer [/i]
[b]15. Have you added your steam to your forums account? Steam Integration (Yes/Non-Steam)[/b]: [i]  Answer [/i]
[b]16. You hereby agree to follow our Rules & Policies (Agree/Disagree)[/b]: [i]  Answer [/i]

1. In-Game Name:   Answer
2. First Name (Optional):   Answer
3. Age:   Answer
4. Location/Timezone:   Answer
5. Gender:   Answer
6. Any previous VAC bans:   Answer
7. What games do you play most often?:   Answer
8. Were you referred by anyone to join Tango? If so, who?:   Answer
9. Why do you want to be a part of Tango:   Answer
10. Can you donate? (This does not affect acceptance):   Answer
11. Do you have any conflicts with our current members?:   Answer 
12. Have you been on Tango's Teamspeak (ts3.tw2.us)/Discord (https://discord.gg/47AdbbD )?:   Answer
13. What Tango Servers do you play?:   Answer
14. Write a brief background about yourself so we can get to know you better:   Answer
15. Have you added your steam to your forums account? Steam Integration (Yes/Non-Steam):   Answer
16. You hereby agree to follow our Rules & Policies (Agree/Disagree):   Answer

Cool. Any more suggestions? Any new questions?
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

- Johnny Cash

Offline Eggplant

• Registered Users
  • Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 140
  • Likes Given: 5

Nisse

• Total Badges: 38
    5k Donor Lovable 4 Year Coin Summer 2018 Black-Star Member of the Month 2018 12 Days of Christmas 2017 Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 3 Year Coin Summer 2017 Countdown to Christmas 2016 500 Posts Christmas 2016 2 Year Coin Mobz Award Halloween 2016 Badge Collector (20) Summer 2016 Quick Collector (5) Badge Collector (15) The Rich Bitch Gold Donor Silver Donor Bronze Donor Spammer-50 Badge Collector (10) Christmas 2015 Mobile User Thanksgiving 2015 1 Year Coin Halloween 2015 Badge Collector (5) Spammer-25 Quick Poster Hall of Fame Donor 100 Poll Votes 100 Posts
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2017, 10:20:13 pm »

So you have their Steam, and you are trying to find their Forum profile? If so, look at the community roster and Ctrl+F. Search members. Search in the top right a post they created.

not everyone uses thier steam name on that roaster. point is names changes steam id doesn't
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 10:21:20 pm by Nisse »

G2A Sponsor Image
DigitalOcean
Sinus Bot
AllTrapNation.com
OVH Networks
G2A Sponsor Image
DigitalOcean
Sinus Bot
AllTrapNation.com
OVH Networks