The Admin Handbook is in place to assure all admins have a common standard they are required to meet. When you purchase or receive your admin, you must ensure you have read through this thread and understood our policies and expectations. Although you are an admin, you have certain restrictions and responsibilities you must comply with, failing to do so can result in termination of your admin. If you are not an admin this information may not completely pertain to you, but you can still learn about the policies and expectations we have set forth for our admins. By reading this handbook, and understanding your duties completely as both an admin in our server, and as a player - you can help us create a much more friendly and welcoming environment.
If you are reading this handbook, chances are you have purchased admin and are here to learn about both the policies you need to follow and expectations we have set forth. This guide is crucial to being both a successful admin, and a mentor to new players who are joining TangoWorldWide. Outlined in this handbook you can learn how to target players, use your commands, learn what our suggested actions are, and how to handle rule-breaking situations. When purchasing your admin, you agree to comply with both our rules for TangoWorldWide and this handbook. If you cannot take the time to read this handbook, do not purchase admin on our servers. Admin will never
be refunded except in extreme
cases by @balon's
! In the event of an attempted charge-back you will be permanently banned from TangoWorldWide.
Being an admin, you represent
TangoWorldWide in many ways. When a user, or users are playing in one of our servers, one determining factor if a player returns to play again is YOU
as the admin! If you represent our community in a positive manner, it will earn you respect among our members, among our council, and help you achieve staff if desired! Continued success in being a respectful and helpful admin can pay-off in the long term with admin extensions, and free redeemable months.
The Admin Handbook has been compiled by Ownership
and is expected to be followed in all situations. Commands:
We've decided to include the admin-commands here in this thread that are to be used as an admin. *
Note - fun-commands (burn, timebomb, blind, etc) are not included.*
Note - do not use < or > in your commands (like listed below). Ex. Correct- !slap alex not
Note - !
will display in chat while using /
is silent to chat.*
Note - (un) provides that the command can be used in reverse. Ex. !mute or !unmute*
Note - uid stands for user and can be used instead of a username. Ex. !slap #207 - This would slap "T.w² | Alex" | Type STATUS in console to get the following output:
- !admin or /admin - This command will open a menu with all the commands below and more.
- !ban or /ban <username|uid> <time> <"reason"> - This command is used to ban players breaking rules. Ensure to include reason. - Reason goes between the "quotes".
- !kick or /kick <username|uid> <"reason"> - This command will kick a player from the server, ensure you include a reason. - Reason goes between the "quotes".
- !(un)mute or /(un)mute <username|uid> - This command will mute/unmute a player from mic-communication.
- !(un)gag or /(un)gag <username|uid> - This command will gag/ungag a player from text-communication.
- !(un)silence or /(un)silence <username|uid> - This command will silence/unsilence a player from BOTH mic and text communications.
- !(un)ctban or /(un)ctban <username|uid> <time> <reason> - This command will ban a user from the CT Team.-Jailbreak Only
- !isbanned or /isbanned <username|uid> <time> <reason> - Check how long a players is banned from the CT Team.-Jailbreak Only
- !freeze or /freeze <username|uid> - Used to freeze a player for 10 seconds, commonly to prevent further rule breaking.
- !slay or /slay <username|uid> - Used to slay a player.
- !slap or /slap <username|uid> <damage:0-100>- Will slap a player for the designated damage, or as a warning.
- !swapteam or /swapteam <username|uid> - This command will swap a player immediately to the opposing team.
- !swapteam_d or /swapteam_d <username|uid> - Using this command will swap the player at round end.
- !spec or /spec <username|uid> - This will move a player to spectate.
- !reloadadmins or /reloadadmins - Used to reload admin-cache.
- !disarm or /disarm - Can remove all weapons from a player.
- !color or /color - Can color a target player or team.
- !randcolor or /randcolor - Can randomly color a target player or team.
- !beacon or /beacon <username|uid> - Used to beacon players, commonly in games.
- !tp or /tp <teleport user|uid> <target user|uid>- This will bring teleport user to target user.
- !tphere or /tphere <username|uid>- This will bring the user to you.
- !tpaim or /tpaim <username|uid>- This will bring the user to where your crosshair is pointed.
- !rw or /rw - This will remove the current warden.
- !(un)lockct or /(un)lockct - This will lock/unlock the Counter-Terrorist team from future join-requests.
- !hog or /hog - An alternative to the !slay command.
- !bitchslap or /bitchslap - An alternative to the !slay command.
This is a brief section on targeting users.*
Never use @all with kick
, your admin will be terminated.
- @all - This will target all players of your immunity level or lower.
- @alive - This will target all alive players.
- @dead - This will target all dead players.
- @me - This will target only you.
- @!me - This will target all players excluding you.
- @ct - This will target the Counter-Terrorist Team.
- @t - This will target the Terrorist Team.
We now classify all of our commands in two sub-sections. Below is a list of our commands and what category they are considered under. (Based on the commands above).---Aggressive Commands:
- ban * RESTRICTED TO PERFORM ON OTHER ADMINS (Refer to Rule 2 below)
- Harmful FunCommands (ex. Burn - Spin - Speed - Timebombs)
- Non-Harmful FunCommands (ex. Gravity - Drugs)
You are required to follow policies as an admin, these policies are required to be followed to prevent termination of admin. In the event of a case of abuse, your admin will be subject to termination if there is a considerable amount of evidence that you were abusing your privileges.
As an admin you are required to follow all the policies laid out to you below.Please refer to this Immunity Layout for those with administrative permissions: [Basic | Advanced | Super | Extreme | Supplementary Admin | Advisory Team | Council | Leader | Manager]
- Use common sense! If it isn't listed as a rule and it feels wrong, don't do it!
- You may never ban another admin, unless they are heavily abusing the server. If there is major abuse (ex. mass slaying), you may issue a one-time 10 minute ban, but you must IMMEDIATELY report the ban on the forums. General mistakes, rule breakings, or policy violations are not considered major abuse, and must be brought to the forums with evidence. * THIS RULE IS EXEMPT FROM COUNCIL+
- You are allowed to target any admin on an immunity level lower than yours with BOTH PASSIVE COMMANDS or AGGRESSIVE COMMANDS in FAIR USE. * This removes our 'All admins are Equal' v2 update. Allowing immunity-targeting once more. - Note Immunity Layout above.
- Fair use means you cannot unnecessarily use your commands on admins of lower immunity. You may punish them for wrong doings (Aggressive Commands) and target them if you are doing a passive command, such as color, to the entire server.
- You are allowed to target any admin on the same immunity level of yours with ONLY PASSIVE COMMANDS. - Note Immunity Layout above.
- You may not reverse (override) the AGGRESSIVE COMMANDS of ANY other admin's work of an admin on the same immunity level of you, or above.
- Clarification: You may reverse any PASSIVE COMMANDS performed by any admin, on any level, to yourself, unless it is being used for an in-game day. (Ex. Splitting colors for a game/event). Do note, you cannot remove a PASSIVE COMMAND from the entire server.
- Do NOT argue with another admin in game! If you have an issue contact our Internal Affairs Consultant - DO NOT DISH IT OUT IN THE SERVER OR YOUR ADMIN WILL BE REVOKED! This reflects badly on both you as an admin and our server!
- Do not abuse Admin-Only chat! This should be used to communicate with other admins to prevent confusion and assist one-another!
- You must see a situation to handle it! This means you cannot punish someone solely on someone elses' word! There must be visual evidence of a rule-violation!
- You must use the Consequence System as an admin!
- You must be in compliance with all TangoWorldWide Official Rules at all times.
- Admin is not a pocket-tool! You can use it to prevent disrespect and cyber-bullying, but it is not designed to be used to target every person who has something bad to say to you.
- Be respectful of all players, staff, and owners.
- You may self-target yourself as long it does not give you unfair gain over other players. *JB-Exempt
- Self-Targeting on Jailbreak is more complicated than just unfair gain, and has been explained in it's own section below.
- If a player is free-killed you may re-spawn them, but you MUST slay the CT. *JB-Only
- You may use Fun-Commands to perform special days, though if players are complaining, you must stop.*JB-Only
- Players killed unfairly by the map can be respawned. (Limitation: If a player is rebelling and dies by the map, you cannot respawn them.)*JB-Only
- Lastly: Work as a team, you all represent the same organization, so make sure you represent us in a positive manner.
- And don't forget to have fun!
By purchasing admin in our server, we've been extremely strict on how you can use your admin and when you can use it, though we feel that you should still be able to enjoy your purchase while administrating our servers. We've now included rules on self-targeting in jailbreak to clarify confusions.
Expectations as an admin:
- You may NEVER use a command that gives you ANY benefit over other players in our server! This is completely unfair to those without admin.
- (JB)FreeDays: On ratio freedays & regular freedays you can use whatever command on yourself you please.
- (JB)Special-Days: You may not use commands which will benefit you on these days.
- (JB)If you are free-killed DO NOT respawn yourself, unless you are the only admin online of your immunity level or above! If there are other admins with higher immunity online, you must rely on another admin to respawn you. This is considered having benefits over others players; and to prevent that a different admin needs to see in their eyes that you have been unfairly killed.*Exceptions are Supplementary Admin+
For a while we've never presented actual expectations as an admin on our servers, other than just what policies to follow. We've come to the conclusion, without actual expectations and assignments - we will be at a standstill admin-wise, and we will only have those which come and go. Admins are now expected and required to enforce our rules and policies, although they are there for the players - They are also there for YOU as the admins!
When in our server(s) you must utilize your admin-powers to help our server prevent:
- Racist Remarks
- Anti-Semitic Behavior
- Spam of the Mic/Chat
- General Rule-breaking
Keep in mind, we can never compile a list of every possible instance where your admin may need to be used, but always keep your best judgement. Players look up to you as an admin, but this doesn't mean you need to look down on the players. You are not required to, but encouraged to run fun-days with and for players so everyone can benefit from your admin-privileges. NOTE: If you are found to continuously ignore various situations, ignore instances of users breaking rules, or are not using your admin to benefit the server - it can be suspended from use. You are an admin to both enjoy the perks of being an admin on our servers, and help make our servers a healthier environment for all players.
The consequence system is in place in TangoWorldWide to prevent any biased reasons when it comes to issuing a consequence to those who have have broken our rules. It is expected you follow the proper procedures below listed in the consequence system to prevent complications between ban-times, disputes, and ban appeals. Escalation Leveling:
To be an admin, you must follow this system numbered below.*
Note - Hacking, DDoS, Scripting, Mass-Freekill (Major offenses are exempt from this note.)
- Issue a warning (Mute - Slay - Slap - Admin Chat)
- Kick a player
- Ban the user!
As an admin, you will have to communicate with players. One common instance will be when you are issuing a warning to a user for rule infractions. You must know how to successfully communicate with a player, so warnings are issued properly and if the rule was unclear, or the action was unintentional - It can be stopped.*
Note - Do not abuse All-Chat (@).*
Main Chat - When a command is used in the main-chat it will be the color purple
Team Chat - When a command is used in team chat it will be the color blue
Suggested Ban Times:
- @ - Used to communicate with the server with the [ADMIN] prefix, non-upgraded users cannot see which admin is typing to them!
- @@ <username|id> - You can communicate with players in the server through a private-message.
- @@@ - This will put a message in the middle of all user's screens.
- @ - Used to communicate with other admins.
Although these times are suggested, if you use unreasonable times - You will be forced to use this system!
You MUST follow the escalation system first! This includes Warning - Kicking - Then using this Ban System!Note: Leaders are exempt from using the escalation system, being leaders they know what should be done in a situation. *
1440 = 1 day*
10080 = 1 week*
Note - Do not ban users for longer than 1 week.*
Note - The following format will be Infraction - First Offense
- Second Offense
- Third Offense*
Note - If there are only 2 consequences - Orange and Red will be used; only 1 consequence - Only red will be used.
Closing Notes:The Admin Handbook is subject to change; so please check back weekly at the bottom of the post to see if it has been "edited". This will assure you are up to date with our latest policies. If there are errors within this book, please contact @balon via PM here on the forums.
- Hacking/Cheating/Scripting - (1): 1 week ban - After banning make sure you have collected proof and file a report under Player Complaints.
- DDoS - (1): 1 week ban - After banning make sure you have collected proof and file a report under Player Complaints.
- Disrespect - (1): 30 minute ban - (2): 120 minute ban - (3): 1 day ban
- Impersonating Members (Wearing Tag/ Using Official-Names) - (1): 15 minute - (2): 60 minute - (3): 300 minute
- General Spam of Mic/Chat - (1): 20 minutes - (2): 120 minutes - (3): 1 day
- Racism - (1): 30 minute - (2): 120 minutes - (3): 1 day
- Freekilling/Freeshooting - (1): CTBan 30 Minute - (2): Ban 30 Minute - (3): CtBan 300 Minutes*Jailbreak-Only
- Mass Freekilling (Killing 5+ Terrorists without reason) - (1): CTBan 120Minutes + Ban 60 minutes - (2): CTBan 1 Day + Ban 1 day
- Immaturity - (1): 60 Minute - (2): 240 Minute - (3): 1 day