Welcome to TangoWorldWide!
You are a Guest, which means you cannot use
all possible features on this forum.
Sign in or Register, to enjoy full functionality. It'll only take 2 seconds!
418 Players in 2 Servers

Author Topic: End of the Road (8th Year Post & Future Plans)  (Read 10874 times)

Offline Edgytypeofguy

• Forum Newbie
    • tw Edgytypeofguy
    • https://www.twitch.tv/edgytypeofguy
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt6hbjc2RoRjja03uMBybUQ
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0

edgytypeofguy

• Total Badges: 3
    Badges: (View All)
    2 Year Coin 1 Year Coin Mobile User
Re: End of the Road (8th Year Post & Future Plans)
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2022, 09:58:01 am »
I joined because of jb and I've met a ton of cool people and made some amazing memorizes because of this community so thank you guys and I haven't talked to anyone in here for awhile so if anyone still remembers me hit me up on discord or something 

Offline Ryry

• The Depressed Monotone One.
  • Divisional Leader
  • Forum Addict
  • Everyone Bugs Me
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 431
  • Likes Given: 623

twryry

• Total Badges: 26
    4 Year Coin 3 Year Coin 100 Poll Votes Oyasumi Punpun 2 Year Coin Badge Collector (20) Certified Cutie Quick Collector (5) Badge Collector (15) Spammer-250 Spammer-100 Spammer-50 1000 Posts Summer 2018 1 Year Coin Badge Collector (10) 500 Posts Spammer-25 Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Badge Collector (5) Summer 2017 100 Posts Jackass Quick Poster Mobile User
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2022, 10:07:56 am »
Randomly stumbled across TangoWorldWide in the server browser and gave it a try almost 5 years ago.  I’ve grown and matured alot throughout my time playing on the servers and within the community.  Went from doing nothing at home for most of my life to joining the United States Marine Corps and traveling the world and I’ve taken Tango with me every step of the way.

While being offered other positions at other communities, positions and titles higher than I am now I have always turned them down due to my loyalty to this ever evolving community.  This place is a second home to me and a place where I have met some of my lifelong friends. 

My career revolves around Jailbreak.  Dedicated countless hours administrating and trying to make this place a better place for all. I’m thankful for the opportunities Tango has opened for me and don’t regret it.   I look forward to what the New Years have to come and will hopefully do more within this community.

Thank you to all my friends who have stayed with me and have watched my growth both in real life and within Tango
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 10:09:35 am by Ryry »

Offline Vita

• happy.
  • Operations Advisor
  • Forum Addict
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/ExtinctorVita/
    • http://www.twitch.tv/extinctorvita
    • http://twitter.com/exinctorvita
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 656
  • Likes Given: 68

Vita

• Total Badges: 45
    Blackstars Secret Santa 2020 100 Poll Votes OG Christmas 2019 5 Year Coin Thanksgiving 2019 Real One Halloween 2019 4 Year Coin Certified Cutie Summer 2018 Croc-a-dil Giving Thanks 2017 12 Days of Christmas 2017 3 Year Coin Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Summer 2017 Drunk Award Ur-Banana Fly Shit Only 12 Days of Christmas 2016 Gstad's Squad Invisible Badge Collector (20) Conner's Badge of Prestige 2 Year Coin Christmas 2016 Thanksgiving 2016 Badge Collector (15) Halloween 2016 1000 Posts Summer 2016 Spammer-50 Badge Collector (10) Spammer-25 500 Posts 1 Year Coin Christmas 2015 Badge Collector (5) Thanksgiving 2015 Halloween 2015 Quick Poster Mobile User 100 Posts
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2022, 11:29:07 am »
I know that it will hit me hard for all of the memories I've made over the past several years. From changing shifts constantly, all the late nights laughing myself to tears, the actual tears of loss & regret, the birth of my baby boy to many more. I've let each and every person I have met and befriended be apart of my journey as much as I was apart of theirs. I can't thank you enough @balon for everything you and many others have done, and especially all that you have done for me and my dad over the years.

This community is truly like no other, and there could possibly be no other equal.

Love you all.

Offline phoenix_

• Registered Users
  • Forum Newbie
  • Hey, I'm new here!
    • https://steamcommunity.com/id/bluephoenix218/
    • twitch.tv/iiphoenix218
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 6
  • Likes Given: 4

• Total Badges: 2
    2 Year Coin 1 Year Coin
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2022, 01:55:24 pm »
Wow, that's crazy. Even though we communities are supposed to "compete" per se to get players, it's sad to see a community go down. I never really came around here or played your servers, but I can understand how a place can be cherished by those who were regulars and staff there. Hopefully yall can remain cool in your Discords and find other servers to enjoy with those you know and meet.
Yes sir yes sir

Offline SouthWind66 ™

• 🅸 🅻🅸🅺🅴 🅾🆁🅰🅽🅶🅴
  • Registered Users
  • Forum Addict
  • 🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊
    • https://steamcommunity.com/id/southwind66
    • None...i think
    • None...i think
    • None...i think
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 284
  • Likes Given: 548

SouthWind66

• Total Badges: 24
    4 Year Coin 3 Year Coin Croc-a-dil Badge Collector (20) Thanksgiving 2019 Halloween 2019 Lovable 2 Year Coin 1000 Posts Badge Collector (15) 100 Poll Votes Spammer-25 500 Posts Badge Collector (10) Invisible Quick Poster Summer 2018 100 Posts Badge Collector (5) 1 Year Coin Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Summer 2017 Mobile User
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2022, 02:29:44 pm »
Had a lot of good memories in Tango, very sad to see it coming to an end. I will miss the good old days on JB or as a web mod, but I will continue to cherish those memories and the lifelong friends I made along the way!

Thank you to Balon and the rest of the founders for creating this community! It really did have an impact on who I am today, and ultimately introduced me to countless new people. I learned a lot in Tango (especially about coding and web development), and I'm thankful for the people that helped show those lessons! Hope everyone is doing well and continues to do well!

Thanks again,
-SouthWind66

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Refrigerator

• Community Advisor
  • Forum Addict
  • I got codeine in my fridge ~
    • https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198310730422/
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 386
  • Likes Given: 301

Refrigerator

• Total Badges: 17
    2 Year Coin Badge Collector (15) Slaughter Gang 1000 Posts Blackstars Secret Santa 2020 1 Year Coin Badge Collector (10) Spammer-25 Any amongers? Adorable Invisible Badge Collector (5) 500 Posts 100 Posts Certified Cutie Quick Poster Mobile User
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2022, 03:24:17 pm »
What a ride it's been.

Just two and a half short years ago, I remember just grinding out some CS:GO on my grandparents PC, and joined TangoWorldWide Jailbreak for the first time under "Bullsheet". Still remembering the good times of being screamed at because I couldn't configure my mic or occasionally spiking to a thousand ping, but regardless I had enough fun to write down the server IP on a piece of printer paper, take it back home, and wait a few months to play it when I got my first computer. Literally within the first day I was recruited to the community by none other than Dr. Brandon8506 (may he rest in peace.), and little did I know that was going to spark thousands of hours of laughs and excitement.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I truthfully miss being a Jailbreak admin. I enjoyed getting on the server every day, meeting 100s of different personalities, making friends, and making enemies. This time came in perfectly as I had lost my job from being laid off due to covid, and school was closed, and everything was closed, my sleep schedule looked something like sleeping at around 6-8 AM, waking up at around 4 PM, eating dinner and playing jailbreak on repeat (do not miss this). But I want to give thanks to a few of the fellas;
Spoiler: jailbreakers (click to show/hide)

Then of course the KZ ride, while I was always really awful at it, this was one of the only reasons I ever purchased Spotify Premium, and gave me so many hours of fun that I would not have traded for anything, the other day I was uploading something to YouTube for class, and I got to scroll through probably over 30 or 40 videos of my infamous cheating reports, got reminded of the times we weren't allowed to ban off of  /jumps (god kill me).
Spoiler: kzers (click to show/hide)

Then staff time hit, and of course Mentor!  Boy did I love running mentorship meetings and trying to revive that that was a lot of fun! Right, @Ryanf47 ? I'm not gonna go too much into it but this actually gave me pretty good leadership skills, and I spent a lot more time than I'm proud of rewriting things and trying to plan out events and awards and the revival of Tango.
Spoiler: early staff people (click to show/hide)

Of course the times of Community Manager and Advisor came in, and while most of the plans to bring people back were unsuccessful, I had a lot of fun. And I'm so glad to have the opportunity I did, it was good times with good people.

Spoiler: late staff people (click to show/hide)

For me personally, while my mental health is not at all time high, I am physically as strong as I've ever been, me and my girlfriend have been going for over a year, and we're going to move out soon. I've accepted a scholarship into the NCAA and I'm moving towards the happiest future I could ever find, and I never would've gotten here without Tango. I'm forever indebted. Again, thank you to balon for ever taking a chance on me, lets run some tarkov soon.. This might be my final post on this forum, and I just want to thank each and every one of you, if you weren't tagged, thank you for being a role player for my journey, none of you will be forgotten. Nothing but love and appreciation for the best community. I wouldn't trade this time for the world.

EDIT:
Spoiler: for loo (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 03:30:48 pm by Refrigerator »

Offline camper

• Yes
  • Registered Users
  • Forum Addict
  • Dude where's my car
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/12738476472/
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 182
  • Likes Given: 288

camper

• Total Badges: 27
    5 Year Coin 4 Year Coin 3 Year Coin Giving Thanks 2017 2 Year Coin 12 Days of Christmas 2017 Badge Collector (20) Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Summer 2017 Invisible Badge Collector (15) 1000 Posts Admin of the Month 2017 12 Days of Christmas 2016 100 Poll Votes 1 Year Coin Badge Collector (10) 500 Posts Spammer-25 100 Posts Badge Collector (5) Christmas 2016 Halloween 2016 Summer 2016 Quick Poster Mobile User
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2022, 03:37:37 pm »
It has been fun never forget guess who was the only good server on tango
Quotes
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline PickolasCage

• Pickle Person
  • Forum Regular
  • I am currently eating a pickle.
    • https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198148851536/
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 90
  • Likes Given: 86

PickolasCage

• Total Badges: 8
    2 Year Coin Goated Badge Collector (5) Any amongers? 1 Year Coin 100 Posts Quick Poster Mobile User
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2022, 03:53:19 pm »
I liked this place a lot, and it was a good time during the 2 years I spent on it, I made many good memories and met so many fantastic people that I hope to remember for a while, but some people I hope I forget.

Thanks to the OGs Para and Fairy for getting me into tango back during when I only played MG

Looks Like I'm In a Pickle

cute pickle man

Anyway, here's kermit the frog, hope you cheer up soon

Offline Joker.

• #1 redemption arc in tango history
  • Registered Users
  • Forum Addict
  • I have a phd in shitpostology
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/imjokerkid
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 378
  • Likes Given: 602

Joker

• Total Badges: 16
    Badge Collector (15) 3 Year Coin 2 Year Coin Invisible 100 Poll Votes Badge Collector (10) 1000 Posts Christmas 2019 500 Posts 1 Year Coin Badge Collector (5) Thanksgiving 2019 Mobile User 100 Posts Spammer-25 Quick Poster
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2022, 07:06:27 pm »
nice

Offline pun

• AMQ Divisional Leader
  • Registered Users
  • Forum Junkie
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/Punnie4k
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 195
  • Likes Given: 681

pun

• Total Badges: 13
    3 Year Coin Blackstars Secret Santa 2020 Badge Collector (10) Any amongers? 500 Posts Christmas 2019 2 Year Coin Badge Collector (5) Halloween 2019 Quick Poster 100 Posts 1 Year Coin Mobile User
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2022, 08:14:45 pm »
Thank you Balon for everything you've done. I'm sorry to hear about your mom. When i was my mom and taking leaves of absences, you were there for me even though we weren't close, I'm always here if you need someone to talk to.

As for tango, I haven't ever done anything significant as several excuses would always come up, but whenever I was down there would always be people in tango. Tango led me to become a better person, I've met some of my closest online friends through tango and many more friends over the years and years I've played. I really do appreciate everything that has happened to me, although I am very sad I could not provide aid to the community in it's hard times. I've become very busy but I hope that whenever I do end up having free time that I stop by in the discord, that I'll see familiar faces.

Once again, thank you Balon, and Thanks Tango.
pun.

bring back canyondam

Offline dolip

• Novice Member
  • Forum Regular
  • sup
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 72
  • Likes Given: 239

dolip

• Total Badges: 6
    Badge Collector (5) Slaughter Gang 1 Year Coin Mobile User 100 Posts Quick Poster
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2022, 09:01:31 pm »
loved playing jb while it lasted good and fun memories with everyone I met, if it came back I would probably play but a lot of the people who played during 2020- early 2021 probably wouldn't

Offline shauna

• Honorable Member
  • Forum Addict
  • just your average ebabe
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/shaunnnniii
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 178
  • Likes Given: 146

shauna

• Total Badges: 36
    5 Year Coin Lovable 4 Year Coin Verified Giving Thanks 2017 Conner's Badge of Prestige Ur-Banana 100 Poll Votes 12 Days of Christmas 2017 Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 3 Year Coin Roasting Event 2017 Summer 2017 Member of the Month 2017 Badge Collector (20) 12 Days of Christmas 2016 2 Year Coin Christmas 2016 Thanksgiving 2016 Badge Collector (15) Halloween 2016 Summer 2016 1000 Posts aPn's Award Badge Collector (10) 1 Year Coin Christmas 2015 Thanksgiving 2015 Halloween 2015 Badge Collector (5) 500 Posts Spammer-25 Quick Poster Mobile User 100 Posts
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2022, 11:32:29 pm »
Why is this post kinda emo? I logged into my account after a year and a half for this lmao.

I officially joined Tango just shy of 6 years ago (Jan 10, 2015), but was playing on the servers since late summer 2014.  I was a sophomore in high school back then, and now, I have graduated college and am starting graduate school in August.  It’s crazy looking back at those 6.5 years and seeing how much I have changed as a person.  I’m sure for the ones who have known me since the beginning can see that, and I definitely see it in others.

When I applied to Tango, I never would have thought any of you guys would still be in my life at the ripe age of 22.  Now, I still stay in contact with some of my friends I’ve met along the way, and I know that some of them will be in my life forever.   People like Mik who will still answer my facetimes or calls just to explain what the hell hedge funds are or just to vent and get advice from.  Hell, I have even been lucky enough to meet some of y’all.  I am so blessed for the friendships I have forged.  Even the ones I have sadly lost along the way, one way or another.  I’m even thankful for the romances that I once had.  You all truthfully made me happier.  I owe all my thanks to Tango for that one.

If you know me, you know that I have always been anti online, pro irl.  It’s just the way I was raised.  My dad told me back in 2016 after a long session online that “I wasn’t going to remember all these online moments” and to “spend more time with REAL friends in person.” Don’t get me wrong, I still hold the same opinion, but my dad was TERRIBLY wrong.  Some of the funniest and most fun moments of my life have been in this community.  Cheesecat, Wolfy’s love letter, the monkeyninja drama, alex spawning thousands of chicken eggs and crashing the server, meming in aftercare, egirl discord, anarchykings, H1Z1 crew, karaoke night, and for the real oldies here: my first staff meeting ever where we had group exercises and had to create a rap about Tango (which I was forced to perform terribly). 

It’s sad to see this come to an end.  It feels like the last bit of my childhood. This is extremely bittersweet and I will always remember this community.

P.S: Feel free to reach out to me if you ever want to talk or catch up.  Even if we had a falling out.  I’ve learned that even old friendships or ended friendships can grow again after some time has passed.

Offline SmokeMuchPot

• Forum Addict
    • https://steamcommunity.com/id/Souldaiver/
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 414
  • Likes Given: 129

SmokeMuchPot

• Total Badges: 19
    3 Year Coin Slaughter Gang 2 Year Coin Badge Collector (15) Goated 1000 Posts True Canadians Badge Christmas 2019 Badge Collector (10) Spammer-25 Invisible Boomer Alert 1 Year Coin Badge Collector (5) Thanksgiving 2019 500 Posts 100 Posts Quick Poster Mobile User
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2022, 12:05:42 pm »
I've always been a firm believer that family and irl obligations absolutely should come before any online community. I'd like to personally reach out and extend my condolences to you balon, as I've also fallen into taking care of my aging parents due to the pandemic. I truly hope you're taking care of yourself and that even though you may be losing weight, that you're doing it in a healthy manner. Sometimes life just fuckin sucks and its stressful beyond belief.

I can't say that I particularly enjoyed my time in Tango due to how personally I decided to take everything, but I will say I'm forever grateful for the opportunity to realize I wasn't happy where I was at and worked to change my mindset to change my circumstances. As lame as it sounds, I don't think I'd be the person I am today if I didn't click join on the JB server all those years ago. Beyond a shadow of a doubt, you created a magical place for people to come together and build lasting friendships and relationships. However, there's no shame or obligation in letting it fall as it's run it's course. Perhaps Tango will make a come-back one day. Maybe not. But the writing on the wall has been there for anyone who was willing to see it for a long time.

So thank you for everything you've done up until this point. I believe you've touched the hearts and minds of many, many people who drifted by the community, and I hope that things resolve and get better for you soon.
(I feel)

Offline Ross

• Weab
  • Group Leader
  • Forum Addict
  • Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song 10/10
    • https://steamcommunity.com/id/revolverross
    • http://www.twitch.tv/revolverross
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmCZb4VbqiMB_nLevS1etZA
    • https://twitter.com/TheRevolverRoss
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 581
  • Likes Given: 146

Tw | Ross |

• Total Badges: 39
    Invisible 5 Year Coin Stargazers Christmas 2019 4 Year Coin .cL of the Month 3 Year Coin 2500 Posts Summer 2018 Coby Wizowd Giving Thanks 2017 12 Days of Christmas 2017 Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 2 Year Coin Roasting Event 2017 Overruled - Rez's Badge Summer 2017 Badge Collector (20) Hurricane Harvey Donor 12 Days of Christmas 2016 Gstad's Squad 100 Poll Votes Badge Collector (15) 1000 Posts 1 Year Coin Christmas 2016 Thanksgiving 2016 Badge Collector (10) Spammer-50 500 Posts Halloween 2016 Spammer-25 Badge Collector (5) Admin of the Month 2016 Summer 2016 100 Posts Mobile User Quick Poster
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2022, 01:24:13 pm »
I am very greatful to have spent a majority of my childhood in this community, through the ups, downs, and confusing times, Tango has been a place where I can relax and let my wild side take over. I've learn a lot through my interactions with other members and only wish everyone the best. I hope that I can still be of use to this community when it is needed, as I have no plan of backing off or going dark. Tango is a community that has supported me in my younger years, while also respecting me, and as such Tango deserves that level of respect as well.

Jailbreak is my home and is where I learned to laugh, game, study, and respect others, while also being a dipshit here and there.

I appreciate all of you and look forward to the future projects that the dev team can come up with, I think this is a step in the right direction. Broadening ourselves while still supporting each other and our development end is something that should never disappear.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 01:25:06 pm by Ross »
𝓡𝓮𝓿𝓸𝓵𝓿𝓮𝓻 𝓡𝓸𝓼𝓼' 𝓟𝓻𝓸𝓯𝓲𝓵𝓮
My Website
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
Media Links:
Discord
Twitch
Youtube
Steam
AniList
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Offline Axel

• Veteran Member
  • Forum Junkie
  • i make music. http://soundcloud.com/purpan
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/ug_axel/
    • twitch.tv/aberrantx
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/TheRemo2469
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 242
  • Likes Given: 157

smacked

• Total Badges: 19
    4 Year Coin Slaughter Gang Goated Badge Collector (15) 500 Posts Any amongers? 3 Year Coin 2 Year Coin Badge Collector (10) Quick Poster rich boi Jackass 1 Year Coin Badge Collector (5) 100 Posts Mobile User Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Summer 2017
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2022, 05:25:22 pm »
It didn't take me long after joining Tango to see it was way more than just a gaming community.

Every single one of us made this kickass place what it was and what it still is.

From the good times to the bad, every memory here is amazing.

This place watched me grow up.

You're all my favorite gamers. Thank you.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 05:26:17 pm by Axel »

Is it unfair/not allowed to not give a T a chance to rebel?

G2A Sponsor Image
DigitalOcean
Sinus Bot
AllTrapNation.com
OVH Networks
G2A Sponsor Image
DigitalOcean
Sinus Bot
AllTrapNation.com
OVH Networks