Welcome to TangoWorldWide!
You are a Guest, which means you cannot use
all possible features on this forum.
Sign in or Register, to enjoy full functionality. It'll only take 2 seconds!
Players in Servers

Author Topic: Favorite Vacation Ever  (Read 475 times)

Offline Conner

Favorite Vacation Ever
« on: July 23, 2021, 12:54:37 am »
Hey, guys! I wanted to share with y'all a recent trip I took to visit one of my best friends @miK :)!

Around the same time, I joined Tango in June of 2016 was when I first met Mik, we were friendly with each other, but not super close. It wasn't until we found common characteristics with each other such as our interests in movies in music months later that really moved us closer as friends. I actually remember the thing that really got us talking was when Olivia had done a knife giveaway and told each of us that we were the winners, but she was only messing with Mik (or something along those lines). There was some drama that surrounded the whole thing, but we ended up talking to each other regardless of that whole situation. Anyways, we ended up watching movies with each other at least once a week, sharing lots of music with each other, and talking daily in TeamSpeak. With this, we became really close and referred to each other as brothers.

While we would hang out, there was someone named Dream that would join and hang out with us, talking or watching movies for hours on end. There were lots of other people that would do the same from time to time, but the one person that really stood out was Dream. Without going into too much detail of things, Dream became somewhat of an online mom to us and was one of the kindest people in the world. Not only did Mik introduce me to her, but there's more to this that comes to light later in my story of our trip.

Anyways, we've wanted to meet for a super long time, being close friends for around 5 years now, but never really had a motivator to make a trip to see one another. However, that all changed when Mik's girlfriend was thinking of a gift for his 21st birthday. She ended up messaging me and setting up a trip for me to finally meet Mik in the flesh as a birthday gift for him. After requesting off of work for him and myself, booking flights, and planning tedious details to make sure he didn't know what the gift was, we were able to surprise him on July 10th. He was given an envelope with a picture of me and my plane tickets, along with some personal notes from his girlfriend and I. Immediately after he opened this, I received a call from Mik who was baffled (his gf said he almost cried, so everyone point and laugh haha). The excitement grew and grew until I took my flight on the 15th (flight landed at midnight of the 16th) to go and meet him!

Day 1: That brings us to the trip, where I was first picked up by Mik and his girlfriend at the airport. We all talked and clicked like we had known each other in person forever on the ride to his house. We went and watched a movie while we winded down for the night. Nothing too interesting happened, that night, but all of us we super excited for the week we had planned. This followed into when we woke up, him showing me around his town a little bit while we went to grab food. By the way, we had Chipotle and it was my first time having it even though I worked 50 feet from one for 3 years; I'll give it a solid 6/10 on the fast food scale, it's just overrated. Mik may or may not have whooped my ass in minigolf, but we don't have to talk about that part. This was the one day we didn't have a plan for, so we just hung out and enjoyed each other's presence after first meeting.

Day 2: This is when the fun first started. Mik had set up a poker game with his buddies, and we were super excited to use our gambling addictions in person. We warmed up that morning by trying to wipe $13 out of Mik's online gambling account. We ended up going up to $50 even though we were throwing it away on slots, giving us a good start to the day. Later in the day is when we went to the poker game, meeting the 5 others that we would play poker with while watching some UFC fights. We had decided before the game started that it would be a $20 buy-in with 1st getting $80, 2nd getting $50, and 3rd getting $10. With people joining the party as the night went on, we were all having a pretty good time. After a pretty short game, Mik and I were left as the final 2. At this point I had way too many drinks and had tapped the blunt, leaving my judgment as fuzzy to say the least. We didn't care about who got the extra money, so we pushed each other blindly every hand, leaving Mik the champion and me the runner up. We left not too much later, and I blacked out while he, his girlfriend, and I were watching something.

Day 3: After waking up on the couch 10 minutes before we were supposed to leave for our long day, his girlfriend and her friend showed up ready to go. We had planned to go to Cedar Point, an amusement park with tons of roller coasters. It took a couple of hours drive and waiting in bumper-to-bumper traffic to finally get into the park. It's probably a good time to mention that I had only gone on 1 roller coaster in my life before this, and I HATED it. Of course, I had promised to go on some with Mik as he is a thrill seeker and this whole trip was for him. His parents had bought him, his girlfriend, and I fast passes as his birthday gift, meaning we didn't have to wait hours in line for each coaster. With this being said, I thought we were going to start with a small coaster, me being a beginner and the lines for everything being extremely short. I WAS COMPLETELY WRONG! THEY TOOK ME ON A FUCKING RIDICULOUS COASTER WHERE I DIDN'T BREATHE FOR THE 2 MINUTES IT WENT FOR, NEARLY PASSING OUT BY THE TIME IT WAS OVER! Everyone laughed, and we moved to the next. Once again, insane coaster, but this time, I could actually breathe. After this one, they wanted to go on a wooden coaster, and I absolutely refused and wanted to sit out for at least one. They all got off and we moved from coaster to coaster, and in the end, I actually had a really good time. We ended off the night with watching Superbad, laughing at all the stupid, classic lines from the lovable movie.

Day 4: This was my last full day of the trip, and we wanted to end it with a bang. We took a trip into Clevland and started the morning off at The 27 Club, A.K.A. Machine Gun Kelly's cafe. We got some of the best coffee I have ever had in my life, some delicious breakfast, and I even got some really cool merch. The cafe was amazing, and I would 100% recommend going there if you are ever in Clevland, even if you aren't a MGK fan. After walking around a bit and hanging out, we went on to our next part of the day; getting matching tattoos. Now, these weren't just "We're best friends forever!" tattoos, they were really sentimental and special to both of us. Coming back to why I brought Dream up at the beginning of this post, since her passing we have wanted Memorium tattoos for her. Since she went by Dream, we both found it fitting to get a cloud. We went to a tattoo shop, showed them the idea, and were in and out within 30 minutes. I think Mik's girlfriend was more nervous than Mik was to be completely honest haha. We were both extremely satisfied with what we got, and I'll post a picture at the end of this post with how they turned out. Following this, we went to Little Italy, had some delicious food, and enjoyed the beautiful scenery. Of course, we ended the day off at Mik's house, watching something. We watched The Bachelorette, mainly laughing at the virgin of the show the whole time. I said my final goodbyes to his girlfriend as I would not get to see her before my flight the next day, and we went to bed.

Day 5: With the only plans of the day being going to the airport, we watched some YouTube and Netflix, went and got some food, and just waited for when I needed to go to the airport. That was until my flight got delayed. It was fine because I still had time to make my connecting flight, that was until it got delayed again. I don't know if it were bad weather or what, but I wouldn't be able to make my connection with the delays. With this, I called the airline and asked when the next flight was, and it wasn't until noon the following day. Long story short, I ended up taking it even though I'd miss my 7:30 AM shift the next morning as I really didn't have a choice. So once again, we hung out and just relaxed. The day before I bought him a bottle of liquor that tasted like apple pie, and we had a few drinks and just hung out.

Day 6: This was the real end to the trip. We woke up, went to the airport, and that was it. I flew home, got off the plane, and drove to work lol.

Overall, this was one of my favorite trips I have ever taken, and I was so happy to finally meet Mik in person. If I was given the chance, I would do this 100x over. I know I said "we just hung out" a lot, but there is a lot of details in there that are just personal and you had to be there to appreciate.

TL;DR: Happy birthday Mik! It was great to finally meet you!

Tattoo Picture:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline balon

• Operations Director
  • 5k Poster
  • Making moves
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/balon21
    • https://twitch.tv/tjbalon
    • https://twitter.com/TangoWorldWide
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 2106
  • Likes Given: 373

tw tj

• Total Badges: 52
    Badges: (View All)
    Slaughter Gang Spammer-50 Goated OG Christmas 2019 Thanksgiving 2019 Halloween 2019 rich boi 5 Year Coin Coby Wizowd Summer 2018 Croc-a-dil 4 Year Coin 12 Days of Christmas 2017 Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Roasting Event 2017 Summer 2017 Gstad's Squad Blackhat Fly Shit Only 3 Year Coin Christmas 2016 5000 Posts Thanksgiving 2016 Mobz Award Halloween 2016 The Rich Bitch Summer 2016 Drunk Award 12 Days of Christmas Badge Collector (20) 2 Year Coin aPn's Award Christmas 2015 Spammer-25 Badge Collector (15) Thanksgiving 2015 Halloween 2015 Quick Collector (10) Badge Collector (10) Invisible Quick Poster Mobile User Quick Collector (5) 100 Poll Votes Badge Collector (5) 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts
Re: Favorite Vacation Ever
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2021, 11:36:27 am »
This absolutely warms my heart and is a major reason why we continue TangoWorldWide to this day. Super glad you two met! Hoping to continue to keep the fundamentals and idea of the platform around for many years to come so people can continue to meet great friends.

Thank you for sharing this!
Need to talk to me 1 on 1? Please select a time to talk!

Offline Dr.Brandon8506

• I think it's safe to say Tango is a part of my life
  • Supporter
  • Forum Addict
  • 2011 BMW E92 M3
    • http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198137074618/
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/anibad969/videos
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 324
  • Likes Given: 900

Dr.Brandon8506

• Total Badges: 31
    Slaughter Gang 100 Poll Votes OG True Canadians Badge Christmas 2019 1000 Posts 5 Year Coin Certified Cutie Thanksgiving 2019 4 Year Coin Badge Collector (20) 3 Year Coin 500 Posts Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Badge Collector (15) Summer 2017 2 Year Coin Christmas 2016 Halloween 2016 Badge Collector (10) Summer 2016 Spammer-25 Mobile User 1 Year Coin Badge Collector (5) Christmas 2015 Thanksgiving 2015 100 Posts Halloween 2015 Quick Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2021, 02:31:39 pm »
@SmokeMuchPot  we should tell tango about our meetup
Former Apprentice & Community Mentor
Former Sr. Staff
Former Jailbreak Supplementary Admin
Former Junior Staff
Former Community Event Coordinator
Former Divisional Staff Of CSGO Zombie Escape
Former Probationary Personnel
Former Community Leader
Former Member

11. If you could change one thing about Tango what would it be?: Jailbreak.
name it after @Dr.Brandon8506  since he's the biggest pussy i know
-I had to get my pussy frozen by liquid nitrogen
what is with y'all being 14 and like "I wanna start a family"

don't plan out your whole life when you're still eating off the kids menu smh
@Dr.Brandon8506 Thanks for all the memories on jailbreak. It was always so fun playing with you. I hope you remember all the good times like I do.
I also eat in the shower and go on my phone in the shower >_<

yeah of course ur fat ass eats in the shower

(https://www.instagram.com/dr.brandon8506/?hl=en)

Offline Vita

• happy.
  • Operations Advisor
  • Forum Addict
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/ExtinctorVita/
    • http://www.twitch.tv/extinctorvita
    • http://twitter.com/exinctorvita
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 654
  • Likes Given: 65

Vita

• Total Badges: 45
    Blackstars Secret Santa 2020 100 Poll Votes OG Christmas 2019 5 Year Coin Thanksgiving 2019 Real One Halloween 2019 4 Year Coin Certified Cutie Summer 2018 Croc-a-dil Giving Thanks 2017 12 Days of Christmas 2017 3 Year Coin Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Summer 2017 Drunk Award Ur-Banana Fly Shit Only 12 Days of Christmas 2016 Gstad's Squad Invisible Badge Collector (20) Conner's Badge of Prestige 2 Year Coin Christmas 2016 Thanksgiving 2016 Badge Collector (15) Halloween 2016 1000 Posts Summer 2016 Spammer-50 Badge Collector (10) Spammer-25 500 Posts 1 Year Coin Christmas 2015 Badge Collector (5) Thanksgiving 2015 Halloween 2015 Quick Poster Mobile User 100 Posts
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2021, 12:12:52 pm »

Did the name check out

Offline Dr.Brandon8506

• I think it's safe to say Tango is a part of my life
  • Supporter
  • Forum Addict
  • 2011 BMW E92 M3
    • http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198137074618/
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/anibad969/videos
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 324
  • Likes Given: 900

Dr.Brandon8506

• Total Badges: 31
    Slaughter Gang 100 Poll Votes OG True Canadians Badge Christmas 2019 1000 Posts 5 Year Coin Certified Cutie Thanksgiving 2019 4 Year Coin Badge Collector (20) 3 Year Coin 500 Posts Christmas 2017 Halloween 2017 Badge Collector (15) Summer 2017 2 Year Coin Christmas 2016 Halloween 2016 Badge Collector (10) Summer 2016 Spammer-25 Mobile User 1 Year Coin Badge Collector (5) Christmas 2015 Thanksgiving 2015 100 Posts Halloween 2015 Quick Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2021, 02:10:01 am »
Former Apprentice & Community Mentor
Former Sr. Staff
Former Jailbreak Supplementary Admin
Former Junior Staff
Former Community Event Coordinator
Former Divisional Staff Of CSGO Zombie Escape
Former Probationary Personnel
Former Community Leader
Former Member

11. If you could change one thing about Tango what would it be?: Jailbreak.
name it after @Dr.Brandon8506  since he's the biggest pussy i know
-I had to get my pussy frozen by liquid nitrogen
what is with y'all being 14 and like "I wanna start a family"

don't plan out your whole life when you're still eating off the kids menu smh
@Dr.Brandon8506 Thanks for all the memories on jailbreak. It was always so fun playing with you. I hope you remember all the good times like I do.
I also eat in the shower and go on my phone in the shower >_<

yeah of course ur fat ass eats in the shower

(https://www.instagram.com/dr.brandon8506/?hl=en)

Offline SmokeMuchPot

• Forum Addict
    • https://steamcommunity.com/id/Souldaiver/
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 413
  • Likes Given: 127

SmokeMuchPot

• Total Badges: 18
    Slaughter Gang 2 Year Coin Badge Collector (15) Goated 1000 Posts True Canadians Badge Christmas 2019 Badge Collector (10) Spammer-25 Invisible Boomer Alert 1 Year Coin Badge Collector (5) Thanksgiving 2019 500 Posts 100 Posts Quick Poster Mobile User
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2021, 10:43:09 pm »

All you did was cut my hair sweaty

These days I get myself a deva cut  8)
(I feel)

G2A Sponsor Image
DigitalOcean
Sinus Bot
AllTrapNation.com
OVH Networks
G2A Sponsor Image